PS3 bluetooth pad support on ics ( NON-ROOT ) No app needed!

Search This thread

en11gma

Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20+ / S20 Ultra
i been using the xbox 360 controller with wireless receiver with OTG cable.

i had been thinking about getting the sixaxis or dualshock 3 controller so i didnt have to have that big wireless receiver for xbox 360

in /system/usr/keylayout (i believe) are all the *.k1
i was in there and i had to add one for the xbox 360 wireless controller

they are all named Vendor_ etc...Product

ANYHOW i do see the file already there for the sixaxis and dualshock3 as they both have the same exact vendor id and product id
i believe this is how the ps3 and xbox 360 controller works when plugged in by usb

ANYHOW again.... have you tried entering the BT MAC ADDRESS of the PHONE into the tool you use on pc to program the ps3 controller (BACKWARDS)
to my understanding one is little endian and one is big endian so it has to be entered in REVERSE ORDER

try that out
im gonna get a ps3 controller i believe so i will be able to help out more.

i was doing my research before i got the controller as i believe we dont need root for the ps3 to get this done.
i think you all just arent entering the PHONE BT MAC address into the controller in reverse.

before i think the play store app (sixaxis controller) couldnt get the BT mac address from the phone. (it wasnt in "about device/status") like it is with ICS and JB/
now that it is natively available on non-rooted devices i dont think we need "sixaxis controller" app anymore
you just goto that about device/status/bt mac address and take that to the pc and put it in reverse order then program the controller
should pair fine at this point.
like i said cant test but from what i read in my research i think thats the problem you guys are having :)
if not....my bad. i read the first 2 pages in this thread and then the last page and it seems like every reply is the same thing

good luck if someone gets to test it out before me :)

new controller

We now have native ps3 pad (dual shock 3 sixaxis pad) support on ics. No app needed.:)
4d5f83c126e02_1.jpg

How to

1 Connect pad via cable and use for 1 min. It will pair the pad without you knowing

2 Disconnect pad and turn on Bluetooth. Press power on pad and will come up Ps3 controller connected

3 Enjoy ps3 native without cables.

:):)

attachment.php
Hi I am new to android and am thinking to buy a Samsung s5 Korean model and ps3 controller(knock off) for gaming. My budget is rs 6000 inrs(Indian rupees) or 100$ (USD) please suggest me.

Zandermc3

Jan 29, 2015
In theory it should work even on kitkat cause the controller selects device as "master" and pairs to it,thats why you need to use it wired wor a few minutes

muridsiluman

Oct 13, 2017
i been using the xbox 360 controller with wireless receiver with OTG cable.

i had been thinking about getting the sixaxis or dualshock 3 controller so i didnt have to have that big wireless receiver for xbox 360

in /system/usr/keylayout (i believe) are all the *.k1
i was in there and i had to add one for the xbox 360 wireless controller

they are all named Vendor_ etc...Product

ANYHOW i do see the file already there for the sixaxis and dualshock3 as they both have the same exact vendor id and product id
i believe this is how the ps3 and xbox 360 controller works when plugged in by usb

ANYHOW again.... have you tried entering the BT MAC ADDRESS of the PHONE into the tool you use on pc to program the ps3 controller (BACKWARDS)
to my understanding one is little endian and one is big endian so it has to be entered in REVERSE ORDER

try that out
im gonna get a ps3 controller i believe so i will be able to help out more.

i was doing my research before i got the controller as i believe we dont need root for the ps3 to get this done.
i think you all just arent entering the PHONE BT MAC address into the controller in reverse.

before i think the play store app (sixaxis controller) couldnt get the BT mac address from the phone. (it wasnt in "about device/status") like it is with ICS and JB/
now that it is natively available on non-rooted devices i dont think we need "sixaxis controller" app anymore
you just goto that about device/status/bt mac address and take that to the pc and put it in reverse order then program the controller
should pair fine at this point.
like i said cant test but from what i read in my research i think thats the problem you guys are having :)
if not....my bad. i read the first 2 pages in this thread and then the last page and it seems like every reply is the same thing

good luck if someone gets to test it out before me :)

Bro? Any good news from Pairing wireless without root?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We now have native ps3 pad (dual shock 3 sixaxis pad) support on ics. No app needed.:)
    4d5f83c126e02_1.jpg

How to

1 Connect pad via cable and use for 1 min. It will pair the pad without you knowing

2 Disconnect pad and turn on Bluetooth. Press power on pad and will come up Ps3 controller connected

3 Enjoy ps3 native without cables.

:):)

attachment.php
    the sixpair tool is inside /system/bin play with it and do not need the dock :)

now we wont games like shadowgun or riptide gp or gta3 on your tablets.
    help me to request gamepad support on every new game. spam the developers of the games or not buy games that not support gamepad
    Hey guys, I'm having difficulty getting my PS3 controller working with my Prime. I did the setup as listed above and under Bluetooth settings, the controller is listed as a paired device. The Bluetooth MAC address of my controller is also the same as the address of my Prime, I verified this through an application on my PC.

When plugged in via USB with Bluetooth off, the controller doesn't work until I press the PlayStation button. The LEDs will flash quickly and the controller inputs are received by my Prime. After about 10 seconds pass, the controller shuts off and no inputs are accepted.

The above behavior is exactly the same when I turn Bluetooth on as well. If I try to use it wirelessly through Bluetooth however, inputs are not received by my Prime even though it is listed as being connected under my Bluetooth settings. Again, after 10 seconds, the controller will turn off and it is no longer listed as being connected.

Doesn't make much sense to me, I'm not sure why the controller turns itself off after 10 seconds when connected via USB, and why any inputs through Bluetooth have no effect when connected.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but in the picture posted above, the PS3 controller has a joystick icon next to it under the paired devices. On my list of paired devices, it displays a keyboard.
    Hey guys, I'm having difficulty getting my PS3 controller working with my Prime. I did the setup as listed above and under Bluetooth settings, the controller is listed as a paired device. The Bluetooth MAC address of my controller is also the same as the address of my Prime, I verified this through an application on my PC.

When plugged in via USB with Bluetooth off, the controller doesn't work until I press the PlayStation button. The LEDs will flash quickly and the controller inputs are received by my Prime. After about 10 seconds pass, the controller shuts off and no inputs are accepted.

The above behavior is exactly the same when I turn Bluetooth on as well. If I try to use it wirelessly through Bluetooth however, inputs are not received by my Prime even though it is listed as being connected under my Bluetooth settings. Again, after 10 seconds, the controller will turn off and it is no longer listed as being connected.

Doesn't make much sense to me, I'm not sure why the controller turns itself off after 10 seconds when connected via USB, and why any inputs through Bluetooth have no effect when connected.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but in the picture posted above, the PS3 controller has a joystick icon next to it under the paired devices. On my list of paired devices, it displays a keyboard.

I have the same problem as you, i also have a keyboard icon. I bought my dualshock 3 on ebay, and first i thought it was faulty or something, but it did work in windows using ds3 tool.

Did you find a solution to this?

[Edit]

I believe i found out what could be the most likely cause of this on my controller, it is not a original ps3 controller.. so i guess ill just throw it in the bin, and maybe get a real one. :)
    I understand the travel part. Well you could always buy one from Walmart (or foreign equivalent) that you could return it too if you don't have better results.

I like the sixaxis app because it just works. It sucks to have to launch the app prior to using the controller... and I don't think it works natively in ALL games without some sort of button or screen mapping. But for emulators it is a dream.

From what you describe, the controller turns on then off, it sounds like the two aren't pairing properly or the controller doesn't see your tablet. You need to make sure you use the PC to type in the Bluetooth MAC address to the controller...... Come to think of it, the knock-off controller might not be saving the MAC address of your tablet the same way a real DualShock controller does. Your essentially hacking the controller... and the knock-off might have a different flash process entirely.

I just tried to Pair my PS3 controller to my ICS Transformer. Initially it showed the Controller when searching, then it asked for a pin. Before I could type it in, it disappeared. Now it won't even display, and the controller just flashes for a minute.