Change MIUI themes' language from Chinese to English

Search This thread

CedricAnne97

Apr 3, 2010
Puivelde
I'm not really an expert in this kind of stuff, but because someone asked me to do anotherone, I thought I'd just do a simple tutorial.
I know that it's not that well explained, but I was searching for this a long time ago and didn't really find anything, this is just from experience, so don't expect too much of it.

It's really not that hard:
1. Rename the .mtz to .zip
2. Open it with whatever you open your zips with.
3. Anything you can't open, just open it with winrar or whatever.
4. Search through everything and open manifest.xml (I think... most of the time the rest is just ****)
5. In that manifest.xml, you just search for anything that looks chinese and use google translate to translate it. ( if the translation sucks, just make a normal sentance of it)
6. Save the changes and just try it out. (be sure to rename it to .xml first)

Hope it was usefull.

(I know my English isn't always that good, but please ignore it)
PS: (Some things might not be up to date anymore, because I'm not really on MIUI anymore)

Last edited:

PsibR

Dec 15, 2011
That's all well and good, but why can't Android do this automatically like Chrome can?

momoxxen

Feb 12, 2011
not working. the only xml file i found is rather simple, and nothing there in chinese. all in English.

gromky

Feb 15, 2009
Zhejiang
best way is to find a chinese and let him/her change it for u.LOL

Wrong! Never do this way! Always get a native English speaker to translate the Chinese. This is how language translation is done! SOURCE -> TARGET your translator must be a native speaker of the TARGET language. Using native speakers of the SOURCE language results in Chinglish, which either sounds awkward, ridiculous, or incomprehensible.

Reactions: shortyoko

Spastic909

Dec 28, 2010
Wrong! Never do this way! Always get a native English speaker to translate the Chinese. This is how language translation is done! SOURCE -> TARGET your translator must be a native speaker of the TARGET language. Using native speakers of the SOURCE language results in Chinglish, which either sounds awkward, ridiculous, or incomprehensible.

Pretty sure it was a joke mr serious

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not really an expert in this kind of stuff, but because someone asked me to do anotherone, I thought I'd just do a simple tutorial.
    I know that it's not that well explained, but I was searching for this a long time ago and didn't really find anything, this is just from experience, so don't expect too much of it.

It's really not that hard:
    1. Rename the .mtz to .zip
    2. Open it with whatever you open your zips with.
    3. Anything you can't open, just open it with winrar or whatever.
    4. Search through everything and open manifest.xml (I think... most of the time the rest is just ****)
    5. In that manifest.xml, you just search for anything that looks chinese and use google translate to translate it. ( if the translation sucks, just make a normal sentance of it)
    6. Save the changes and just try it out. (be sure to rename it to .xml first)

Hope it was usefull.

(I know my English isn't always that good, but please ignore it)
    PS: (Some things might not be up to date anymore, because I'm not really on MIUI anymore)
    best way is to find a chinese and let him/her change it for u.LOL