[DISCONTINUED][ROM][5.1.1] SlimLP - Hercules [UNOFFICIAL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Relsig

Sep 7, 2012
Not sure if it's just me or was discussed already, couldn't find anything related to resume lag in the thread.
I'm getting extreme lag that last maybe 3-4 minutes when resuming from sleep. Phone is next to unusable while it's "waking up".
It does remain a bit laggy afterward too, a reboot usually makes it snappy again...

I've noticed this as well, but its only an intermittent issue on my phone; maybe 0-2 times/day.

aloknand

Dec 24, 2014
Bangalore
Not sure if it's just me or was discussed already, couldn't find anything related to resume lag in the thread.
I'm getting extreme lag that last maybe 3-4 minutes when resuming from sleep. Phone is next to unusable while it's "waking up".
It does remain a bit laggy afterward too, a reboot usually makes it snappy again...

Are you facing the lag while the phone is syncing with Google? In my case phone lags a lot while its syncing. Also try to increase the phone memory I.e the data portion. I havnt tried but will let you know this weekend if it works.

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
Can you provide some more information please? I have seen lag on my Skyrocket builds on occasion, but without logs and some supporting information, I can't help a whole lot.

1. What Launcher are you using?
  2. Were you on WiFi or Mobile Data? If WiFi, try turning it off and see if the lag improves.
  3. Did you install GApps? If so, what specific version?
  4. Clean flash/full wipe (Factory Reset or wipe /data in recovery)?
  5. Can you test without GApps and see if it still happens?

If we can reproduce this, there's a better chance of fixing it.

Relsig

Sep 7, 2012
Can you provide some more information please? I have seen lag on my Skyrocket builds on occasion, but without logs and some supporting information, I can't help a whole lot.

2. Were you on WiFi or Mobile Data? If WiFi, try turning it off and see if the lag improves.

Google launcher (OK google disabled)
WiFi (disabling it DOES make the lag stop)
Yes, Slim_normal_gapps.BETA.5.0.x.build.0.x-20150228
Did a full wipe, still happens
Unfortunately I have to have gapps for my work and I'm working 24/7 for the next few weeks.

Hopefully that helps some. I can't pull a log ATM. I'll try to get one later.

RJRFiv03

Mar 12, 2015

I'm also having the same issue.

Nova launcher.
Wifi or Mobile data same issue, disabling WIFI and Mobile data doesn't help.
Slim_mini_gapps.BETA.5.0.x.build.0.x-20150305
Clean wipe, factory reset (twice) same issue.
Issue seems to go away without GAPPS and no other apps (just after a fresh installation.)
SuperSU-v2.45

What I also detected is that 'Flashlight' is not working (the one on the quick settings menu), the only way to make it work is using 'A better camera' app or any other app for that. Also Google Music stops working randomly, music stops and plays by itself. Also a lot of issues if you are using Viper Audio, the music effect comes and goes. Flashlight still not working after fresh and clean installation and without APPS, the icon even disappears.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else to test.

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
New Build

Here's a new test build: DELETED

Feedback on features and performance is appreciated. I'm looking mostly for MTP settings (Settings > Storage > USB computer connection), BLN function and controls (on/off and timing), camera, system performance/lag, and whatever else is observed. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: krazierokz

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
New Build

FYI, folks, I mentioned the below in the Skyrocket SlimLP thread, so I thought I'd also mention it here: I normally DELETE PMs and Gmails asking for ROM help.

Please do not message me; instead, ask for help in the thread here, or start your own Q&A thread in the General section. Chances are, your questions can be answered by others, and this will benefit others both now and in the future. (Hint: read the first few posts).

That being said, to enable ROOT, you first need to flash SuperSU, then you have to to into Settings > About phone and tap on the Build number field 7 times. This unlocks Developer Options. After unlocking Dev Options, go into that menu and open the Root Access entry. Select Apps or Apps and ADB and exit the menu. From that point on, apps requesting Root Access should prompt you (as long as you flashed SuperSU already).

Also, as a reminder, the FULL GApps packages may not install properly on these legacy devices due to lower /system storage space. Make sure you are flashing LOLLIPOP GAPPS, not KitKat ones! Flash the Normal or Mini/Micro GApps packages, and get any missing apps on the Play Store.

The earlier build I posted probably has issues with the Torch and Audio, so it's been deleted. I've built a new version, which I'll also post in Post #3 and link here which should have at least the audio fixed, hopefully the Torch too (but I'm more concerned with the audio right now).

Here it is:
Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-20150312-1621.zip
MD5: 96e9564d849e5417853a3345c3e505df

Follow the install instructions in Post #3.
@Relsig and @RJRFiv03, can you (and whoever else wants to try) test this newer version please?

Last edited:
Reactions: RJRFiv03

RJRFiv03

Mar 12, 2015
So, I've been testing this new beta version and here is what I noticed:

Taking photos with flash turns off the phone (no matter what app it is).
Some applications quit after some time, apps like Facebook , FB browser, FB Messenger, ViperAudio, Chrome, Google Music.
Torch still not working, after clicking the icon, it goes away.
Sometimes keyboard doesn't launch and when it does it goes away after a few seconds, happens mostly with Swift Keyboard. It's almost impossible to type, you need to reboot the device.
Audio issue persist, sound goes on and off.
If you are playing music and use any app at the same time, the music player stops working (no error message).
Phone shutdowns and/or reboots when the battery reach 14%.
Going back to the home screen takes a few seconds to load.
Performance issues has improved a lot, but I'm still seen some.

Tested with:
Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-20150312-1621
Slim_mini_gapps.BETA.5.0.x.build.0.x-20150313
SuperSU-v2.46

This is what I've seen so far, let me know if you need anything else @NoSpamDan

fathertomany

Sep 7, 2012
Southwest corner, Missouri
So, I've been testing this new beta version and here is what I noticed:

Taking photos with flash turns off the phone (no matter what app it is).
Some applications quit after some time, apps like Facebook , FB browser, FB Messenger, ViperAudio, Chrome, Google Music.
Torch still not working, after clicking the icon, it goes away.
Sometimes keyboard doesn't launch and when it does it goes away after a few seconds, happens mostly with Swift Keyboard. It's almost impossible to type, you need to reboot the device.
Audio issue persist, sound goes on and off.
If you are playing music and use any app at the same time, the music player stops working (no error message).
Phone shutdowns and/or reboots when the battery reach 14%.
Going back to the home screen takes a few seconds to load.
Performance issues has improved a lot, but I'm still seen some.

Tested with:
Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-20150312-1621
Slim_mini_gapps.BETA.5.0.x.build.0.x-20150313
SuperSU-v2.46

This is what I've seen so far, let me know if you need anything else @NoSpamDan

He is going to want a logcat

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
New Build is UP!

New build is up in Post #3 with a bunch of added features like Blacklist, BLN support, expandable volume panel, and more. Changelog is in Post #2.

Here's a direct link:
Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0.3-UNOFFICIAL-20150322-1213.zip
MD5: 9513ab23aebf5a686f88a2d2b474e097

If you are not hearing sounds, make sure that notifications and ringtones are allowed in the Interruptions settings... ;)

Enjoy!

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimLP_OP_HRES_zpsxz9rcmkb.png

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimLP is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 5.x Lollipop and offers the following original features:
    • Slim Dialer
      • A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features. - We've got you covered.
    • Privacy guard
      • Disable unnecessary permissions set by app developers. - Privacy is part of the experience.
    • Slim Center [WIP]
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticons..etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • Custom Shortcuts [WIP]
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - Customize it the way you like it.

Important links:

slimroms.eu - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom for the Samsung SGH-T989 Hercules from here.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

--------------------------------------

SlimLP_bootani_NoSpamDan_zpserc8ezru.gif

Changelog for my custom builds is in Post #2.

Download links and Installation instructions for my custom builds are in Post #3.

1080p video recording is not working right now. If you need 1080p recording, you can use A Better Camera. ;)

Special thanks to (in no particular order):
    gimmeitorilltell
    RobbieL811
    prbassplayer
    SultanXDA
    Steveromingagain

XDA:DevDB Information
    [DISCONTINUED][ROM][5.1.1] SlimLP - Hercules [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    NoSpamDan, gimmeitorilltell
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2015-02-09
    Last Updated 2016-11-15
    NEW BUILD!

New pre-official build from yours truly... Yes, it's a beta OFFICIAL... also in Post #3.

Slim-hercules-5.1.1.beta.0.6-OFFICIAL.zip

I'm working on getting SELinux set to enforcing and reconciling issues. Enjoy this one, it's fast and has been stable!
    Changelog:

NOTE: I don't have time to maintain this list, but will try to post notable fixes and/or updates in the announcement posts for new builds.

Some of these features are added by myself and may or may not continue to show up in the builds. Slim has started the weekly builds, but don't expect those builds to have features that aren't merged yet, like some of the below ones!

Slim-hercules-5.1.1.alpha.0.1-UNOFFICIAL-20150510-0238.zip
    MD5: 9b5c79359586ea68337024dfb5ad103d
    • Fix mobile data issue(s)
    • Possible lag/wake from sleep improvements
    • Quick Settings tile customizations
    • Latest Slim commits...

Slim-hercules-5.1.1.alpha.0.1-UNOFFICIAL-20150427-1622.zip
    MD5: 73b1f63585132cd9b2061a600f678459
    • Fixed Phone app FC
    • Display overlay CAF fixes
    • Mobile data may still have issues. WIP

Slim-hercules-5.1.1.alpha.0.1-UNOFFICIAL-20150424-0353.zip
    MD5: 30ca89829189ed9f948557ed78addc89
    • Removed default DPI
    • Added low memory adjustment
    • v5.1.1 updates across the board

Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0.3-UNOFFICIAL-20150331-2040.zip
    MD5: ef628d09cb118009294d5ffefed1d9bf
    • Torch/Flashlight tile is working
    • Low memory optimizations
    • Latest Slim WIP commits from RobbieL811

Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0.3-UNOFFICIAL-20150322-1213.zip
    MD5: 9513ab23aebf5a686f88a2d2b474e097
    • New features like Blacklist, expandable volume panel, and SlimCenter (not fully functional to inform of updates yet).
    • Basic BLN support in the kernel. Enable/disable it in Settings > Sound & notification > Notification > Notification light
    • Should be a noticeable improvement in the occasional lag, but there seems to be a general bug related to this that affects many devices. With this device, it's more noticeable due to lower resources in general than newer devices have.
    • Default DPI is now set to the native device default of 240, but you can change this to several preset values in Settings > Display > LCD density.

Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-20150312-1621.zip
    MD5: 96e9564d849e5417853a3345c3e505df
    • Updated WiFi, camera and display vendor blobs.
    • Wifi: removed sockets implementation.
    • Lagginess should be improved, if not gone...

Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-20150305-0253.zip
    MD5: 2f5b21897d8cb6e1e716d1dfd6d370de
    • Power-off charging is fixed, along with animated images and even % display during power-off charge. So if your phone dies, you can charge it back up without issue!
    • BLN (Button Light Notificaiton) support, and it can be disabled if you want in the Settings menu! (Sorry no per-app control right now.) Thanks to @gimmeitorilltell!

Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-20150228-2000.zip
    MD5: e107b39affb47a364ab5f580689edef9
    • Kernel fix for keypad null pointer.
    • Fix for first install WiFi HAL soft reboots.

Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-20150226-1411.zip
    MD5: 207f2fca07b5aa31406bf56c4a94c328
    • Added power menu customization
    • Added SlimCenter
    • More Quick Settings updates, including a Reboot tile
    • Many other updates

Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-20150222-0335.zip
    MD5: 2c3cae9ada78381c94a6841f1f7d2591
    • Added Slim's new hardware key rebinding
    • MMS updates and fixes
    • USB Charging
    • Updated Quick Settings tile customization
    • Show each app name being optimized during boot

Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-20150221-0808.zip
    MD5: b3f8e7e88b05f879e3e11abea67ce9f0
    • Potential soft reboots fixed!
    • Fix for possible NFC bug.

Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0-UNOFFICIAL-20150219-1911.zip
    MD5: a1969a9858e72cadbebf32533b6eebf1

• Quick Settings tiles customization (Settings > Interface > Quick settings). Note: there still may be bugs...
    • Battery icon customization (Settings > Interface > Status bar > Battery icon options)
    • DPI changer (Settings > Display > LCD density)
    • Cursory RRO Theme suport. Slim is currently not implementing CM's theme engine. RRO is better in many ways... If you don't know what RRO Themes are or how to use them, check it out here: RRO Themes. (RRO Layers screen shots are in Post #3.)
    • Audio policy tweaked some more - Please test various audio/video scenarios.
    • Ringtones may not appear until after a reboot.
    • Various other updates and code clean-up

Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.0.91-UNOFFICIAL-20150215-0300.zip
    MD5: 98957c31680a17beea5b4e55b7f6bc1d
    • Mobile data and MMS are working now! Thanks to @Sultanxda for pointing me in the right direction!
    • Camera API updates and bug fixes (no 1080p yet though)
    • Torch
    • Audio policy cleaned up
    • Media codecs cleaned up
    • MTP transfer mode is selected by default
    • Removed unused libaudioamp config
    • Re-enabled qcom aac encoder
    • Removed call volume steps prop overrides
    • Removed PowerHAL
    • Various other updates and code clean-up
    Downloads, Installation Instructions and RRO Screen Shots:

Download links:

ROM:
    Slim-hercules-5.1.1.beta.0.10-UNOFFICIAL-20151025-0835.zip

Special thanks to @RobbieL811 for temporarily hosting some of these builds! If you see him around, be sure to thank him!

GApps:
    Use TK PIco GApps from AndroidFileHost | BasketBuild
    (Main TK GApps thread on XDA)

TWRP Recovery:
    TWRP 2.8.7.0 with F2FS support in IMG, TAR and ZIP formats. Thanks to @javelinanddart for compiling these.

Instructions:
    • Reboot to recovery.
    • Boot into recovery. You need a newer version for lollipop. Tested with TWRP 2.8.7.0 recovery linked above.
    • Make a nandroid backup.
    • Make sure you're on one of these radios or newer for now: T989:UVMC6|T989D:TLMC4
    • FULL WIPE/Format: /system, /data, /cache and /dalvik.
    • Flash the ROM.
    • Flash GApps(use Slim Mini or Zero GApps).
    • If you want ROOT, you have to unlock Developer Options by going to Settings > About phone and clicking on the Build number field 7 times. Then you can enable Root in Settings > Developer Options > Root access.
    • Reboot when finished
    • Boot animation is delayed 10-20 seconds, and takes about 10 minutes to boot up on a clean flash, so be patient and give it time.

Note: You may not see all the ringtones, notification sounds, etc. until the phone goes to sleep, or the Media Scanner finds them. Also, check the Settings > Sound & notification > Interruptions menu to make sure these aren't disabled, as in "No interruptions". This disables the sounds. ;)

Issues? Post a logcat on Pastebin, link to it here, and provide as many details as possible, such as ROM version, GApps used, radio/modem, cell provider, or anything relevant to the problem or how to duplicate the issue.

===============================
    Screen shots and stuff:

NOTE: RRO is no longer part of the Slim sources. Basic layer support is included (v1). I am not sure where this is going with Slim but feel we need a theme engine of some kind. I've left these images here for fun. If I find I can pick the RRO commits back into my builds I will try, but if we go weekly, it will have to come from the bosses... :)

Some screen shots from my Skyrocket using RRO Layer Theme Synergy_v4 by Brian Gill are attached.

Note you need the Bitsyko RRO Themes app, which you can get by signing up for beta testing, and then you can use Google to find other themes. Full instructions are in the link.

Note there is some Teal mixed in with the Blue, but you get the idea... ;)

Enjoy!
    New Build

A new build is up in Post #3 with a working Torch tile as well as some low memory device optimization. Here's the direct link:
    Slim-hercules-5.0.2.alpha.1.0.3-UNOFFICIAL-20150331-2040.zip
    MD5: ef628d09cb118009294d5ffefed1d9bf

This may be the last release of 5.0 as we prepare for 5.1 on our new Gerrit server http://review.slimroms.eu.

Things have been crazy busy with the Slim Team ;)