{CLOSED}[ROM] RumRaider BETA 12 - 2.3.7 - SENSE 3.5 - READ OP! (3-2-12)

Search This thread

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
But the physical keyboard was great.

Nothing can touch the keyboard of the Tilt2 though!

I kinda regret not getting a Tilt2 way back in the day; I was just waiting for something beyond WinMo in a smartphone back then. Otherwise, I'd either have skipped the Shine entirely, or used my upgrade a bit sooner.

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska
I kinda regret not getting a Tilt2 way back in the day; I was just waiting for something beyond WinMo in a smartphone back then. Otherwise, I'd either have skipped the Shine entirely, or used my upgrade a bit sooner.

LG Shine, I had that for about a month until I found the light and traded it in for a Tilt2. But at the same time... AT&T released the Tilt2 like a year after all the other carriers released their TP2 variant. I can see why you'd hesitate. But the TP2/Tilt2 was still top of the game a year after first release. Oh, how things have changed... :)

PG, i was thinking about how to have the ATT LTE APN's be showing default so people don't have to manually enter them in, in the com.android.providers.telephony app, i see the default Telstra APN's there. i believe if you remove the Telstra apn's and add the ATT ones, it should work. granted i don't know too much about where everything is, but its a start.

markjo

Sep 4, 2010
Downloading it now, excited for those ICS animations hahah. I'll report with how everything works.

Oh and if you devs need anyone to help test I'm in.

Edit: So far so good... phone works as it should, almost.

1) The ICS transitions are cool and work smoothly, but those that are not ICS are kinda bad. The fly-in and fly-out ones are too fast and a little choppy at that, just overall not very refined. But Sense 3.5 works beautifully! Just when I switch to any other launcher, the transitions going in and out of apps from the home screens aren't that nice.. don't know if that's related to the ICS implementation. The rotation animation freaks out a lot, too.

2) It's hard to touch and hold down on a text input field to get the options like input method, select all, copy, etc. It just won't work for me, only got it to go through twice.

3) MMS is working flawlessly with the provided APN.

4) I do not live in an LTE area and the phone is mostly in HSDPA as it always has been, but keeps flickering between that and 3G.

Last edited:

ceasee

Jan 26, 2010
Kitchener
correct, theres also a bunch of other stuff behind the scenes as well, and think the SIM ota is overriding it with LTE, because on my DZ, i can switch.

EDIT:
anyone with a rogers/bell device and see if they can change it?
Just updating to beta 10 now, ill give it a try after im up and running.

Also, thanks for all the AWESOME work on this.

EDIT:NVM, not going to be in an LTE area for a few days ><

Last edited:

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
Downloading it now, excited for those ICS animations hahah. I'll report with how everything works.

Oh and if you devs need anyone to help test I'm in.

Edit: So far so good... phone works as it should, almost.

1) The ICS transitions are cool and work smoothly, but those that are not ICS are kinda bad. The fly-in and fly-out ones are too fast and a little choppy at that, just overall not very refined. But Sense 3.5 works beautifully! Just when I switch to any other launcher, the transitions going in and out of apps from the home screens aren't that nice.. don't know if that's related to the ICS implementation.

2) It's hard to touch and hold down on a text input field to get the options like input method, select all, copy, etc. It just won't work for me, only got it to go through twice.

3) MMS is working flawlessly with the provided APN.

4) I do not live in an LTE area and the phone is mostly in HSDPA as it always has been, but keeps flickering between that and 3G.

1. What ICS animations?

2. Eh, try clearing keyboard data; else maybe consider reflashing.

3. Excellent!

4. It's normal, don't worry about it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA Premium App

mobb315

Mar 18, 2009
Anyone tried taking a screenshot? Power and home button right? Can't seem to get it to work.

Edit NM got it

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joshua54

Aug 2, 2010
asheville, N.C.
So is there any way to get 3.0 skins to work with 3.5?:) the ones u can download from the market I mean :)
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

mvrotc

Sep 5, 2007
Just a clarification before I brick my phone , this Rom will work with my HTC vivid from att if I follow the superguide sticky correct ?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA App

markjo

Sep 4, 2010
1. What ICS animations?

2. Eh, try clearing keyboard data; else maybe consider reflashing.

3. Excellent!

4. It's normal, don't worry about it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA Premium App

1) The transitions I meant.

2) Tried but no avail. Luckily I don't use the feature much so once I switched to the ICS keyboard I forgot about it.

4) Yeah I saw a couple other posts about it. Does it actually mean the phone switches to 3G? Because I noticed every time the phone calls for data, it goes from saying HSDPA in the Network menu to UMTS, and when it doesn't need data anymore, it goes back to HSDPA. If it's just a visual thing then it's not that bad, but if it slows down data then that sucks.

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
1) The transitions I meant.

2) Tried but no avail. Luckily I don't use the feature much so once I switched to the ICS keyboard I forgot about it.

4) Yeah I saw a couple other posts about it. Does it actually mean the phone switches to 3G? Because I noticed every time the phone calls for data, it goes from saying HSDPA in the Network menu to UMTS, and when it doesn't need data anymore, it goes back to HSDPA. If it's just a visual thing then it's not that bad, but if it slows down data then that sucks.

1. Sense is all about giving a complete user experience, so it wouldn't surprise me if third-party launcher transitions are crappy. I never use custom launchers as a result.

2. Eh, I'm waiting for the real McCoy to find its way to our devices.

4. If you're noticing the definitive trend that it's switching, then something is more wrong. I don't have this problem. The notification bar indicator reflects what the phone is actually connected to, so you may have a bigger problem on your hands.

Last edited:

finsilva

Apr 27, 2010
Wild Child and I are working on this together and it is still a little rough around the edges. As much as I hate releasing public betas, we need more eyes and hands on this to iron it out before more features get added.

ALL ASSUMPTIONS MADE FROM HERE ON OUT ARE BASED ON SOMEONE UNDERSTANDING THE BASICS OF ANDROID MODDING. HTC Devices are different from Samsung/Motorola/Sony/etc. If you do not understand something on this thread, READ, GOOGLE, READ SOME MORE, and dont do anything until you understand what is going on. There is a ton of information being compiled into the following 2 threads:
[SUPERGUIDE] BOOTLOADER UNLOCK/PERMROOT/CWM/Flash ROM or Kernel/Revert to Stock
General Knowledge Thread

WARNING:
IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FASTBOOT FLASH A BOOT IMAGE, YOU BETTER LEARN NOW. YOU *NEED* THE ATTACHED BOOT.IMG FILE (FROM POST 2) IN ORDER TO BOOT THIS ROM. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

we are working with joeykrim on an apk that will allow you to install the boot.img from within the OS itself just prior to installing ROM. keep an eye on his thread to keep up with the status
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1423151

CAVEATS:
this rom is a rough product, but fully usable aside from what is being listed here as not working/needing workarounds.
if you report stuff not working in this thread, please attach a logcat so we can troubleshoot it. no logcat, tells me there is no real problem. please dont post random issues that have nothing to do with the rom.

Not Working:
LTE works, but it is displayed as 4G instead of LTE at this time
Visual Voicemail
You tell me

Working:
Everything else?

BUGS:
Time Zone will ask to be updated after you lose network (looking into this)
Can not select Edge/3G/LTE toggle (it keeps you on LTE auto setting)
HTC Music player has link to Telstra store
APNs arent populated automatically for you *see next section for APN setting

APN:
YOU WILL NEED TO ADD AN APN (I am working on figuring this out, in older sense roms, you just needed an apns.xml...3.0/3.5 require a bit more) I always keep my APNs backed up with APN Backup and Restore so you might want to try something like that out.

Presenting:

BETA 5:
Based on Telstra 2.3.7
Sense 3.5
Battery %
overglow scroll
ICS animations
removed Telstra bloat (i thought AT&T was bad....damn)
build.prop tweaks
init.d scripts (will have much smoother performance once Wild Child busts out his magic)
rooted (obviously)
there are no signs of CIQ anywhere
wifi tether should work, but i dont know for sure (i have wifi tethering on my plan so i have it anyway)
bootanimation support (place in /data/local/ if you want to replace it)
titanium backup pre-installed so you dont have to sign into market to restore your apps
various tweaks and setting changes...little things that you wont even notice probably ;)

BETA 6:
Used internal only

BETA 7:
Now with BEATS and fixed build.prop
added usage-monitor (keeps track of data/minutes/sms)

BETA 8 & 9
ugh

BETA 10
removed BEATS
fixed build.prop (again)
added tweaks to build.prop
added bravia engine
added init.d scripts to increase speed pretty much on everything (i hope)

PLANNED:
MOAR SPEEDZ
overclocking
easier kernel installation
CRT animation
extended power menu (as temporary fix, use Quick Boot from the market)
Working LTE!
Working LTE icons (to actually show the LTE connection, like stock)
extended quick settings
replace HTC Music app with unbranded HTC music app (gets rid of stupid Telstra link)
<insertyourideashere>

Credits:
Wild Child
bananacakes (for recovery and updater-script)
Football (for his wonderful leaks)
joeykrim (Flash Image GUI)
thecubed (new clockworkmod)

Under the <insertyourideashere> portion... possibly the Amaze 4G camera to be ported over. I know I stated it before, but it would be really awesome. Not sure if its possible at this time, but still loving this ROM. Thanks for all your work PG!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    removed........
    fastboot flash the attached kernel image (its the one labeled Telstra_boot.zip)

extract the boot.img out of this file and place in same directory as your fastboot.exe/fastboot executable

boot phone into hboot/bootloader (make sure you are in fastboot mode)
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

it should complete without error

after that, reboot to recovery and flash rom

**ADDED**
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20824300&postcount=25
    I through together a .bat for an easier boot.img flash.

1. Unzip
    2. Plug in phone to usb
    3. Ensure usb debugging is enabled (Settings/Aplications/Development)
    4. Run the BootImgFlash.bat

When its complete just go back to bootloader, then to recovery and flash the rom

DO NOT FORGET TO WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET FROM CWM FIRST! if you dont, you will probably have a whole lot of FC's on your hands (only if coming from another ROM/Stock)(if you are upgrading....you probably dont have to wipe, but if you have problems, wipe, reflash, then report)
    obligatory screenshots
    yes. its a stupid sense 3.5 thing.

current status of next release is:
    i have cleaned up my working environment and i am trying to go through and clean up the rom. i feel the last version was sloppy and i want to clean everything up. expect there to be some new options in the next version. just bare with me...
    Easy Boot Flash

I through together a .bat for an easier boot.img flash.

1. Unzip
    2. Plug in phone to usb
    3. Ensure usb debugging is enabled (Settings/Aplications/Development)
    4. Run the BootImgFlash.bat

When its complete just go back to bootloader, then to recovery and flash the rom