[HOW TO] Root, Unroot, Hotspot, Roms, Tips and more! 11/11/12

Search This thread

Tw1sted247

Nov 10, 2012
NorthWest
Quick question, does rooting and flashing ROMs decrease security. Or should people who bank or purchase things online not root or flash ROMs? Cause of you are granting all these 3rd party apps administrative abilities can't they just put in extra stuff that can log pw's etc and send it back?

supramike

Sep 13, 2010
Moto G Stylus
Sweet! Just rooted my Sprint Note 2. The instructions and videos were straightforward, I don't think you can make it any easier :victory:
Thanks

Now, I just gotta find a similar to stock looking ROM, debloated and keeping the SPen function lol (JellyBomb color scheme is a bit much although I love all the features)

Reactions: wwjoshdew

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
Hmm... root installed but TWRP didn't install. I've tried it twice and it says success, even tried a different cable. Trying another PC now.

Anything different since this phone has the latest OTA now?

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Nope. It says success on the second PC as well. No TWRP. Just the stock recovery. I have tried the rename option as well but it says no such file or something like that.

Think I figured it out... it's overwriting them on the stock ROM. guess I should read instead of just watching the video. HA!

trill904

Feb 20, 2008
nice

Your videos were on point my friend. Got the Note after years of having an iphone and didnt really know where to start. Clear and easy to follow instructions, wifi tethering up and running too. Thanks :good:

jerdoggmckoy

Oct 26, 2012
Saint Paul
www.net-tracking.com
Thank you for the videos! Fantastic & easy tutorial to follow. I couldn't be happier. I haven't spent too much time learning about rooting and roms, however, it seems that a recurring favorite appears to be this JellyBomb! In fact, my wife is sick and tired of me running around the house and randomly shouting out, "JELLYBOMB!".

Anyway, after just downloading it last night and getting everything seemingly up and running fine, I'm getting a Trojan virus warning from my Webroot Secure Anywhere app, stating that SuperSU is an 'Android.SMS.FakeInst.' Trojan. Anyone else encounter this or have any idea why that warning would come up? I was about to go back and do a factory re-set and reflash this "JELLYBOMB!" rom, but was sort of hoping to have this figured out first.

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks again QBKING77.com for the videos!

eovnu87435ds

Nov 2, 2012
Philadelphia
Just an FYI, I found this posting in the bugs section for the android-wifi-tether google code page. Uninstall Android-Wifi-Tether if you have it, then install from this APK.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390190389996027907

I have done so and it works for me. Occasionally it shuts itself off, and I haven't had the time to look into it yet.

Works on my stock rooted rom.

Source: http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/issues/detail?id=1646

Also, what is with these reCAPTCHA's? Normally I can read them fine. This post took me 4 tries...

Last edited:

cbrownawell

Nov 30, 2012
help!

I went through the tutorial (toolkit) and i did not see and option for the Verizon model: SCHI605TSV. So basically i bricked the device. Is there a working option for the Verizon Galaxy Note II? Thanks for your assistance.

suprmallet

Dec 20, 2010
Los Angeles
Quick question, does this also unlock the bootloader? If not, will I have to do that in order to flash custom kernels and updated radios?

itrs

May 12, 2011
Nashville
I just switched from my evo 4g to samsung note on sprint yesterday. I'm excited to roooted already but being such a new phone I'm not ready to risk it. My local sprint told me to be careful with the screen since there have already been too many comebacks over it. Unfortunately they don't have the to tools to fix it so a new phone would have to be bought with the 100 insurance replacement.

So I'm reading all the threads and marking my spot till I'm certain and assured of this phone.
I've noticed wifi tether has been an issue and having the spen available.
Also right or of the box there was an update for the multi Window (?).

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
Just a quick thanks to QBK for his awesome as always vids and how-to's. I've learned a lot from you, guy.
And your recommendation of the Note II was spot f**king on, thanks. The size is not an issue. ;) Great to see you over here.
And holy crap, what an easy root that was. If you can follow simple directions, watch his vid, rooting and installing a recovery is stupid easy on the Note2 with that toolbox... I almost feel cheated it was so easy. :p

Top Liked Posts