De-Odexing STOCK JB 4.2.1 without SPTool or CWM/TWRP ways!!

Search This thread
Hello World!!

Here I'm going to write about the De_Odexing way of our MMX Canvas HD A116!! Yes that's true, without any SPTool flashing or any CWM/TWRP flashing.. As many of us probably hate to Flash via the mentioned methods all the time for much many reasons.(Like Me!! :silly:)

Usage of Deodexing - To apply as many mods as the Custom ROMS do without flashing any CUSTOM ROM. As they were built for DE_ODEXED Firmwares. And No, No, No De_Odexe-ing dose not affect your phone either the way practically. After even doing this I got the same Battery Efficiency and Smoothest as the STOCK ODEXED one.

Like [APP][LAUNCHER] Modded "Galaxy S4" launcher(TOUCHWIZ) and weather widget from my friend anmol7ify

Here i'm going to explain a way to De_Odex your Stock Firmware JellyBean 4.2.1 very smooth way..

Please Note : After doing or attempt to do any of the below mentioned stuff please please and third time PLEASE make a BACKUP of your ROM viz. NandroidBackup. the ways..

In CWM -> restore and backup -> full NandroidBackup
In TWRP -> BackUp -> don't tick anything other then what is already ticked with includes BOOT and DATA and the third SYSTEM -> Swipe to Back Up (If u want to then u may cross the "Enable Compression" or u may "Skip MD5 generation during BackUp") (I personally use "Enable Compression" option not the other one, seriously!!)

Now the tools you need to begin are as follows...
-> Rooted A116. I used the S4 Rooting method just one click... Check Me!! by djrbliss
-> Download Busybox installer and install the latest version of busybox compatible with your device.
-> JAVA for x32(32-bit Windows System) and x64(64-bit Windows System)
-> ADB.zip Credits : DEADLY
-> xUltimate 2.4.2 by xeudoxus
-> DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod Dev_Host by devilsking
-> Some patience..

Now We Begin...
-> install JAVA as per your system requirement. x64 or x32. you can check it in Control Panel->System and Security->System -> Check the line System Type
-> Un-Zip the downloaded Tools viz. xUltimate and DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod and ADB.zip anywhere even on your desktop will do good.
We are good till here...

Connect your phone turned "On". in any case you failed to load the ADB Drivers on to your system then please follow the steps
-> Connect your Phone let the system detect the drivers(Don't worry the "Micromax A116" will fail!! as, expected)
-> Download this Installer from HERE
-> Run It. And let it do the process. As it will Detect your Phone HTC in Manufacturer Row and A116 in Description. Click Install the last second Click from the right.
-> Your MMX will have Now ADB access and proper drivers Configured. Congratulations!!
Now the xUltimate you just Un-Zipped on your Desktop(I presume!!) Open it and run "Main.exe" as "Administrator" from it a CMD window will start with "Checking Script version.." and with that it will take You to the options with your ROM mentioned as "ALPS.JB2.MP.V1.2"
-> First i.e. our last resort is "BackUp" hit the "6" o your NumPad, this will back up everything original(Afterall I presume that you did took a NandDroid backup but still we take no chances) Then "3" on NumPad (3) Backup All. let it be green.

then pres to continue.

-> Now from there hit "1" on NumPad tis will select Option (1) Pull /system/app/ from phone (origi_app) let it be green i.e finish and You have to press any key to continue.

-> Now from there again hit "2" on NumPad this will select Option (2) Pull /system/framework/ from phone (origi_frame) let it be green again i.e finish and you have to press any key to continue.

Now here the work of xUltimate is finished. thanksss for this beautiful tool xeudoxus

Now you have to jump in DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod by devilsking credits to him for making another beautiful tool.

->Hope you just UN-Zipped on your Desktop(I presume!!) Don't Open it.
->Now download the given smali and backsmali version 1.4.2 from google codes in the attachment and Un-Zip it in the folder AutoDEOTool_JDmod in DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod i.e. DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod/AutoDEOTool_JDmod.
->Download the AutoDEOToolMain.bat from attachment. Replace it with the the given attachment in DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod/AutoDEOTool_JDmod and run "AutoDEOToolMain.bat" as "Administrator" from it a CMD window will start with green fonts.
->Now open the folder i.e xUltimate-v2.4.2\origi_app and copy all the contents from it to DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod\AutoDEOTool_JDmod\_app
->Same do with the Framework i.e Now open the folder i.e xUltimate-v2.4.2\origi_frame and copy all the contents from it to DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod\AutoDEOTool_JDmod\_framework
->Now in "AutoDEOToolMain.bat" (that you previously opened as I mentioned above)
->Select Hit 1 on your NumPad and it will run 1 DEODEX ALL (Stock Rom).
the process will start let it finish. It take about 10 to 15min. to complete. As it finishes the window will take you again on Main Screen.
Note : this process will through an error while deodexing "core.jar" don't panic. Let it finish the work first.

As you are dragged back to main screen as the process is finished. Now type "50" on your NumPad this is for changing smali and backsmali version. Now hit "1" on numpad. You had selected the smali and backsmali ver. to 1.4.2, Congratulations!!

->Now again you hit "1" on NumPad this will beign the process again but not from the start but directly with core.jar and this time it will end Successfully.
->Then Go to DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod\AutoDEOTool_JDmod\_framework and copy the contents of it to the DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod\AutoDEOTool_JDmod\deodexed_JAR

Now you have De_Odexed your APPLICATIONS and FRAMEWORKS successfully. Again Congratulations!! Hurray!!

->Copy both the folders deodexed_APK and deodexed_JAR to your "sdcard"(external sdcard specifically on our A116, Thats serious!! I repeat It's seriously had to be in "sdcard").

->But still you are a step away from applying your De_Odexed APPs and FRAMEs to your ROM without flashing it with anything.

->Now you got everything to make it work.

->I know you downloaded athe ADB.zip from this attachment, it is a simple ADB SHELL so let it get in action.

->Open the Un-Zipped ADB folder on your desktop(I presume, Again!!)
open a CMD window in here ADB/Android by holding SHIFT on keyboard0 + Left CLICK on Mouse the List will have an option "Open Command Window here" after Undo option.

->Now place the command as mentioned below one by one with having a minute after each command given.
(if you are using adb shell in su for the first time, keep phone screen on. After entering "su" code, superSU request prompt in phone. Press allow)

Code:
adb shell
su
stop
mount -o rw,remount /system/ /system/
cp /sdcard/deodexed_APK/* /system/app/
rm /system/app/*.odex
cp /sdcard/deodexed_JAR/* /system/framework/
rm /system/framework/*.odex
mount -o ro,remount /system/ /system/
reboot

Credits to : chamatht
NOTE : In this command prompt-ing your phone display will appear to be black. Don't Panic!!

->After this is complete take out the battery and, boot to CWM/TWRP with the BOOT KEYS (Vol.Up+Vol.Down+Power Key -> Press Vol.Up again to boot into recovery)
And FacoryReset and Wipe Dalvic + Cache. That's It!
Some Important points :
If the abd in command prompt throws an error you could restore your backed-up things from CWM or TWRP.
Don't panic. And I know there are still other better ways and diffrent that you can change much then a lil' in this procedure. But I just shared my experience. So, After giving you all readers as many thakx and congratulations I belive you had Successfully De_Odexed your Stock ROM.

Credits and thanxxxx to everyone for making it possible!! Just Comment and PM me if I forget to Credit any... and of-course thankxxxx and Credits to anmol7ify for boosting me to make this thread!!! :highfive: :victory: :fingers-crossed: :p

please if I can help you in anyways for getting it through. please PM me or Comment so i can help you to my best. ThankYou!!

Enjoy!! :)

Attachments

• AutoDEOToolMain.rar
    2.8 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

imran_inamdar

Apr 2, 2013
I am getting following errors when running codes

D:\MMX\Deodex\Android>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
shell@android:/ $ su
su
root@android:/ # stop
stop
root@android:/ # mount -o rw,remount /system/ /system/
root@android:/ # cp /sdcard/deodexed_apk/* /system/app/
cp /sdcard/deodexed_apk/* /system/app/
root@android:/ # rm /system/app/*.odx
rm /system/app/*.odx
rm failed for /system/app/*.odx, No such file or directory
255|root@android:/ # rm /system/app/*.odx
rm /system/app/*.odx
255|root@android:/ # cp /sdcard/deodexed_JAR/* /system/framework/
root@android:/ # rm /system/framwork/*.odex
rm /system/framwork/*.odex
rm failed for /system/framwork/*.odex, No such file or directory
255|root@android:/ # mount -o ro,remount /sysyem/ /system/
mount -o ro,remount /sysyem/ /system/
root@android:/ # reboot
reboot

and after reboot there is no .odex files in system/app or in system/framework

Please help

My h/s is CANVAS HD i am on Ported rooted canvas 4 rom 4.2.1 JB

Please help............................

Last edited:
I am getting following errors when running codes

D:\MMX\Deodex\Android>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
shell@android:/ $ su
su
root@android:/ # stop
stop
root@android:/ # mount -o rw,remount /system/ /system/
root@android:/ # cp /sdcard/deodexed_apk/* /system/app/
cp /sdcard/deodexed_apk/* /system/app/
root@android:/ # rm /system/app/*.odx
rm /system/app/*.odx
255|root@android:/ # rm /system/app/*.odx
rm /system/app/*.odx
255|root@android:/ # cp /sdcard/deodexed_JAR/* /system/framework/
root@android:/ # rm /system/framwork/*.odex
rm /system/framwork/*.odex
rm failed for /system/framwork/*.odex, No such file or directory
255|root@android:/ # mount -o ro,remount /sysyem/ /system/
mount -o ro,remount /sysyem/ /system/
root@android:/ # reboot
reboot

and after reboot there is no .odex files in system/app or in system/framework

Please help

My h/s is CANVAS HD i am on Ported rooted canvas 4 rom 4.2.1 JB

Please help............................

Brother your ported, pre-rooted ROM is already de-odexed.. You don't have to do this all.. :)

Sent from my A116

hatemepaps

Sep 4, 2013
mmx 4.2.1 update

Today i visited mmx service center they said 4.2.1 update is not available and then i called mmx service center and they said because of some lags the update has been taken back. So i m confused tht i shud use this tutorial and update my phone or wait for official update at service center?

i don't want to root my phone and just want to update(official) it.

Last edited:

Ryan Dey

Sep 3, 2013
lumding
Today i visited mmx service center they said 4.2.1 update is not available and then i called mmx service center and they said because of some lags the update has been taken back. So i m confused tht i shud use this tutorial and update my phone or wait for official update at service center?

you can update it yourself just follow this threadhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2312557 and if you don't want to root your phone just follow the update part of the thread and ignore the rest.
press the thanks button if I helped:fingers-crossed:

Andvoider

Sep 25, 2013
No Framework?

Hi there, I'm following your guide to deodex stock JB,

I'm just wondering why theres no files inside the origi_framework. I was able to take the content of the origi_app though.

And whenever i enter 1 into the auto deodex tool, it doesn't do anything.

any thoughts about this?

Thanks !!!

Edit....

I missed a step there that's why.. hmmm...

anyway, i'm still getting nothing when selecting 1 from auto deodex tool.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2012
Will try for future.. Thanks for sharing ts..

Btw, is there anyone aside from ts that had successfully tried and tested?

Sent from my MyPhone A919i Duo using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello World!!

Here I'm going to write about the De_Odexing way of our MMX Canvas HD A116!! Yes that's true, without any SPTool flashing or any CWM/TWRP flashing.. As many of us probably hate to Flash via the mentioned methods all the time for much many reasons.(Like Me!! :silly:)

Usage of Deodexing - To apply as many mods as the Custom ROMS do without flashing any CUSTOM ROM. As they were built for DE_ODEXED Firmwares. And No, No, No De_Odexe-ing dose not affect your phone either the way practically. After even doing this I got the same Battery Efficiency and Smoothest as the STOCK ODEXED one.

Like [APP][LAUNCHER] Modded "Galaxy S4" launcher(TOUCHWIZ) and weather widget from my friend anmol7ify

Here i'm going to explain a way to De_Odex your Stock Firmware JellyBean 4.2.1 very smooth way..

Please Note : After doing or attempt to do any of the below mentioned stuff please please and third time PLEASE make a BACKUP of your ROM viz. NandroidBackup. the ways..

In CWM -> restore and backup -> full NandroidBackup
    In TWRP -> BackUp -> don't tick anything other then what is already ticked with includes BOOT and DATA and the third SYSTEM -> Swipe to Back Up (If u want to then u may cross the "Enable Compression" or u may "Skip MD5 generation during BackUp") (I personally use "Enable Compression" option not the other one, seriously!!)

Now the tools you need to begin are as follows...
    -> Rooted A116. I used the S4 Rooting method just one click... Check Me!! by djrbliss
    -> Download Busybox installer and install the latest version of busybox compatible with your device.
    -> JAVA for x32(32-bit Windows System) and x64(64-bit Windows System)
    -> ADB.zip Credits : DEADLY
    -> xUltimate 2.4.2 by xeudoxus
    -> DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod Dev_Host by devilsking
    -> Some patience..

Now We Begin...
    -> install JAVA as per your system requirement. x64 or x32. you can check it in Control Panel->System and Security->System -> Check the line System Type
    -> Un-Zip the downloaded Tools viz. xUltimate and DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod and ADB.zip anywhere even on your desktop will do good.
    We are good till here...

Connect your phone turned "On". in any case you failed to load the ADB Drivers on to your system then please follow the steps
    -> Connect your Phone let the system detect the drivers(Don't worry the "Micromax A116" will fail!! as, expected)
    -> Download this Installer from HERE
    -> Run It. And let it do the process. As it will Detect your Phone HTC in Manufacturer Row and A116 in Description. Click Install the last second Click from the right.
    -> Your MMX will have Now ADB access and proper drivers Configured. Congratulations!!
    Now the xUltimate you just Un-Zipped on your Desktop(I presume!!) Open it and run "Main.exe" as "Administrator" from it a CMD window will start with "Checking Script version.." and with that it will take You to the options with your ROM mentioned as "ALPS.JB2.MP.V1.2"
    -> First i.e. our last resort is "BackUp" hit the "6" o your NumPad, this will back up everything original(Afterall I presume that you did took a NandDroid backup but still we take no chances) Then "3" on NumPad (3) Backup All. let it be green.

then pres to continue.

-> Now from there hit "1" on NumPad tis will select Option (1) Pull /system/app/ from phone (origi_app) let it be green i.e finish and You have to press any key to continue.

-> Now from there again hit "2" on NumPad this will select Option (2) Pull /system/framework/ from phone (origi_frame) let it be green again i.e finish and you have to press any key to continue.

Now here the work of xUltimate is finished. thanksss for this beautiful tool xeudoxus

Now you have to jump in DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod by devilsking credits to him for making another beautiful tool.

->Hope you just UN-Zipped on your Desktop(I presume!!) Don't Open it.
    ->Now download the given smali and backsmali version 1.4.2 from google codes in the attachment and Un-Zip it in the folder AutoDEOTool_JDmod in DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod i.e. DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod/AutoDEOTool_JDmod.
    ->Download the AutoDEOToolMain.bat from attachment. Replace it with the the given attachment in DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod/AutoDEOTool_JDmod and run "AutoDEOToolMain.bat" as "Administrator" from it a CMD window will start with green fonts.
    ->Now open the folder i.e xUltimate-v2.4.2\origi_app and copy all the contents from it to DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod\AutoDEOTool_JDmod\_app
    ->Same do with the Framework i.e Now open the folder i.e xUltimate-v2.4.2\origi_frame and copy all the contents from it to DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod\AutoDEOTool_JDmod\_framework
    ->Now in "AutoDEOToolMain.bat" (that you previously opened as I mentioned above)
    ->Select Hit 1 on your NumPad and it will run 1 DEODEX ALL (Stock Rom).
    the process will start let it finish. It take about 10 to 15min. to complete. As it finishes the window will take you again on Main Screen.
    Note : this process will through an error while deodexing "core.jar" don't panic. Let it finish the work first.

As you are dragged back to main screen as the process is finished. Now type "50" on your NumPad this is for changing smali and backsmali version. Now hit "1" on numpad. You had selected the smali and backsmali ver. to 1.4.2, Congratulations!!

->Now again you hit "1" on NumPad this will beign the process again but not from the start but directly with core.jar and this time it will end Successfully.
    ->Then Go to DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod\AutoDEOTool_JDmod\_framework and copy the contents of it to the DeodexTool_AutoDEOTool_JDmod\AutoDEOTool_JDmod\deodexed_JAR

Now you have De_Odexed your APPLICATIONS and FRAMEWORKS successfully. Again Congratulations!! Hurray!!

->Copy both the folders deodexed_APK and deodexed_JAR to your "sdcard"(external sdcard specifically on our A116, Thats serious!! I repeat It's seriously had to be in "sdcard").

->But still you are a step away from applying your De_Odexed APPs and FRAMEs to your ROM without flashing it with anything.

->Now you got everything to make it work.

->I know you downloaded athe ADB.zip from this attachment, it is a simple ADB SHELL so let it get in action.

->Open the Un-Zipped ADB folder on your desktop(I presume, Again!!)
    open a CMD window in here ADB/Android by holding SHIFT on keyboard0 + Left CLICK on Mouse the List will have an option "Open Command Window here" after Undo option.

->Now place the command as mentioned below one by one with having a minute after each command given.
    (if you are using adb shell in su for the first time, keep phone screen on. After entering "su" code, superSU request prompt in phone. Press allow)

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    stop
    cp /sdcard/deodexed_APK/* /system/app/
    rm /system/app/*.odex
    rm /system/framework/*.odex
    mount -o ro,remount /system/ /system/
    reboot

Credits to : chamatht
    NOTE : In this command prompt-ing your phone display will appear to be black. Don't Panic!!

->After this is complete take out the battery and, boot to CWM/TWRP with the BOOT KEYS (Vol.Up+Vol.Down+Power Key -> Press Vol.Up again to boot into recovery)
    And FacoryReset and Wipe Dalvic + Cache. That's It!
    Some Important points :
    If the abd in command prompt throws an error you could restore your backed-up things from CWM or TWRP.
    Don't panic. And I know there are still other better ways and diffrent that you can change much then a lil' in this procedure. But I just shared my experience. So, After giving you all readers as many thakx and congratulations I belive you had Successfully De_Odexed your Stock ROM.

Credits and thanxxxx to everyone for making it possible!! Just Comment and PM me if I forget to Credit any... and of-course thankxxxx and Credits to anmol7ify for boosting me to make this thread!!! :highfive: :victory: :fingers-crossed: :p

please if I can help you in anyways for getting it through. please PM me or Comment so i can help you to my best. ThankYou!!

Enjoy!! :)

you can update it yourself just follow this threadhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2312557 and if you don't want to root your phone just follow the update part of the thread and ignore the rest.
    press the thanks button if I helped:fingers-crossed:
    Re-flash your ROM via SP Flash Tool and do this whole again step to step.. Or use this CUSTOM ROM instead.. This one is just great...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2368306

Sent from my A116

i tried it twice...bt not working...
    i want to do on stock only canvas HD only...
    dnt want to go for any custom rom...
    plz help..
    You may be not doing it correctly.. Can I have a log or image of that error??

i haven't took any...
    now i will try once again and send u the image...
    bdw thanks for saying...
    I'm here for help!!

i haven't took any...
    now i will try once again and send u the image...
    bdw thanks for saying...

I'm here for help brother.. just keep me posted.. :)