[Q] CM 11 Mustaavalkosta nightly unofficial 01/08/14

Search This thread

pat99

Dec 4, 2013
Dortmund
Hello to all developers and Specially to Musta.

I'm a huge fan of Mustaavalcosta. because the way he made ace rom are more like stable and smooth as butter,today i installed his cm11 for the 4th time.

Pros: No Lag at all,Very Smooth,Very much stable and many more.

Cons:Battery drains way to fast, Battery section: Screen 78+% usage., Poor wifi connectivity.,Browser issue.

I did try pimp my rom for little over customization in order to get more battery,On an average my desire hd battery last 3 to 3.5 hours straight on wifi watching videos online.But since Musta's first cm11 nightly to subsequent in every rom he made there is always battery draining issue.
So wanted to know is it related to kernel of rom? or anything else? IS anybody facing same kind of a problem?

My Device is Factory S-ON,ROOTED

Help me out,Because i tried plenty of 4.2.2 roms and 4.1 JB roms and only 2 out of all gave me more batteryusage in order to use like 3 or more hours to watch videos online.

Thanks.

Reactions: silentvoice84

WireSniffer

Jan 24, 2014
Brighton
CM 11 Mustaavalkosta nightly unofficial video

Hi there,

I'm new really would like to help out in the dev forum but i think i need 10 helpful post so here is one, which might be useful for you, ive already sent a couple of PM's to peeps that have mentioned this, anyway,

copied and paste to here...

you mentioned about the video on this rom , i too had problems but i managed to get it too work by adjusting the settings, please try this...

Im using build 2014-01-18 nightly cm11 - ace

under video settings - video qaulity: HD 720p

more options - video encoder: H264 , audio encoder: AAC

back out of camera app and then restart , i get clear videos now no choppy lines etc.

also if you swipe to the right to bring up the vid or photo after using the camera/video app, and then go back and the controls are missing, just swype back to gallery and back to camera/video app once more and they appear again.

ok hope this helps tried to make it clear as possible

kind regards,

WS.

Reactions: davemusic12

Chalat67

Jan 25, 2014
Problem with sound on streaming radio

Hi
I just want to hear if someone else have the same problem with the sound when streaming radio with Tunein Radio.
After I start listening to a radio station the sound start disappering for short periods. If I close the main program but let the radio
stream in the background everything is OK. But if I enter the main program again the problem with the sound reappear.

Don't know if this problem applies to other radio streaming programs because I'm only tested with Tunein.

I have set the buffer to 15 sek before play, but this had no effect on the problem.

Thanks

jige

Jul 24, 2012
a bigger issue for me is the no Service signal
i ve installed the latest cm11 1/25/14 over an old cm 7 that had crashed from one minute of torch and stopped booting up
i really don t know anything about it
any best roms out there?

l.e. can i go back to the official cm7.2.0 ?
should i go back that far?
after an hour or so the screen stopped responding.but the power button showed some signs of life. so i got that going for me

Last edited:

jige

Jul 24, 2012
Arnst cetedfe

flashed PacBuild6 signal is somewhat good but no camera and who knows what else is missing
waiting for a better kitkat and a top rom list
thanks again guys for your support

did an radio update, waiting for the 0,30 UMT nightly update. hopefully the gsm will work this time
did a update to 26 gsm seems to work but the wifi is so low

Last edited:

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Should we do a wipe when installing updates? I been dirty flashing. Or is that what we are supposed to do?

chris

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
OK. That's what I been doing. Just want ed to make sure. Thanks

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

pjadec

Mar 24, 2011
RMK
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus Nord 3 / Ace 2V
Hi
I just want to hear if someone else have the same problem with the sound when streaming radio with Tunein Radio.
After I start listening to a radio station the sound start disappering for short periods. If I close the main program but let the radio
stream in the background everything is OK. But if I enter the main program again the problem with the sound reappear.

Don't know if this problem applies to other radio streaming programs because I'm only tested with Tunein.

I have set the buffer to 15 sek before play, but this had no effect on the problem.

Thanks

Audio works fine in new nightly version cm-11-20140131-UNOFFICIAL-ODEXED-ace.zip

Chalat67

Jan 25, 2014
Audio works fine in new nightly version cm-11-20140131-UNOFFICIAL-ODEXED-ace.zip

The problem is still in this nightly version.

I have checked this further and this sound problem only appears in this situation:

- the radio cannel is streaming with low sampling frequency (below 80k) and AAC format
- you must keep the phone active ie don't let the screen go to sleep or shut the main program.

It can take from 10 to 30 sek before this problem appears

There is no problem if the radio station streams MP3 regardless of sampling frequency.

Can someone please do some testing and see if you have the same problem as me.

Thanks

pjadec

Mar 24, 2011
RMK
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus Nord 3 / Ace 2V
The problem is still in this nightly version.

I have checked this further and this sound problem only appears in this situation:

- the radio cannel is streaming with low sampling frequency (below 80k) and AAC format
- you must keep the phone active ie don't let the screen go to sleep or shut the main program.

It can take from 10 to 30 sek before this problem appears

There is no problem if the radio station streams MP3 regardless of sampling frequency.

Can someone please do some testing and see if you have the same problem as me.

Thanks

I don't use DSP manager because it's have some problems and V4A works much better. With DI radio, SKY.fm and other audio stream apps i have no audio problems.

pat99

Dec 4, 2013
Dortmund
Here

a bigger issue for me is the no Service signal
i ve installed the latest cm11 1/25/14 over an old cm 7 that had crashed from one minute of torch and stopped booting up
i really don t know anything about it
any best roms out there?

l.e. can i go back to the official cm7.2.0 ?
should i go back that far?
after an hour or so the screen stopped responding.but the power button showed some signs of life. so i got that going for me
-Well actually in my opinion you may go back to any custom rom made for DHD.
-Wipe everything and install fresh in order to avoid boot loop or any other problems!
-Best ROM by mean giving more RAM and great battery life? if yes than i'm using Pixeldroid 4.2.2
here's a link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2411368

i think you don't have any more doubts :D

Let me know if have one.

Thanks.

Chalat67

Jan 25, 2014
Problem with camera using Google Translate

When using camera in Google Translate the camera woun't focus. Even if you tap the screen nothing happens.

Hope this can be fixed as I am using this feature a lot.

Christian1987

May 16, 2010
CyanDelta Updates or similar way to updates CM11 Unofficial

Hello I have the newest CM 11 Mustaavalkosta. It is possible to integrate an auto update app like cyan delta updater?
It would be very comfortable to update the newest nightly directly into the desire hd.

Regards Christian

pat99

Dec 4, 2013
Dortmund
Give a try :)

Hello I have the newest CM 11 Mustaavalkosta. It is possible to integrate an auto update app like cyan delta updater?
It would be very comfortable to update the newest nightly directly into the desire hd.

Regards Christian
Sir,in my opinion if you really wanted to use it...than definitely give a shot but before than its advisable that you make full backup in order to avoid post complications.

Moreover check the appropriate nightly the one you want to flash.Still fingers crossed but if you succeed let us know.
Also don't forget to go throw this thread to clear your doubts:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1951258

Thanks.

Chalat67

Jan 25, 2014
When using camera in Google Translate the camera woun't focus. Even if you tap the screen nothing happens.

Hope this can be fixed as I am using this feature a lot.

I have found the solution. If you want to use the camera in conjunction with Google Translate just aim at the text you want to translate and take the picture. The camera will then focus on the text and start scanning and translate.

Problem solved.

silentvoice84

Nov 3, 2012
Damascus
Performance Menu in [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies

Greetings,

I have downloaded an [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies, the ROM is slow, I have problem with wireless page which I can't open, and I cant seem to find Performance menu or option in it, plus I cant find print screen option or internet-pass through option.

been reading some posts but can't seem to find suitable answers.

thank you.

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Click build number tons of times to access dev options

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

When flashing new nightly,make sure u wipe cache and dalvik then flash the update. That could be your issue. But to get to Dev options click that build number.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Maybe musta can implement a less battery draining kernel. I guess we will have to be patient. Cuz I have same problem. Lol

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Go to APN settings and chose a diff setting...then reboot. If it persists after lots of reboots ..maybe u will have to reflash the rom

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Use goomanager. That's where updates come from

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to all developers and Specially to Musta.

I'm a huge fan of Mustaavalcosta. because the way he made ace rom are more like stable and smooth as butter,today i installed his cm11 for the 4th time.

Pros: No Lag at all,Very Smooth,Very much stable and many more.

Cons:Battery drains way to fast, Battery section: Screen 78+% usage., Poor wifi connectivity.,Browser issue.

I did try pimp my rom for little over customization in order to get more battery,On an average my desire hd battery last 3 to 3.5 hours straight on wifi watching videos online.But since Musta's first cm11 nightly to subsequent in every rom he made there is always battery draining issue.
    So wanted to know is it related to kernel of rom? or anything else? IS anybody facing same kind of a problem?

My Device is Factory S-ON,ROOTED

Help me out,Because i tried plenty of 4.2.2 roms and 4.1 JB roms and only 2 out of all gave me more batteryusage in order to use like 3 or more hours to watch videos online.

Thanks.
    CM 11 Mustaavalkosta nightly unofficial video

Hi there,

I'm new really would like to help out in the dev forum but i think i need 10 helpful post so here is one, which might be useful for you, ive already sent a couple of PM's to peeps that have mentioned this, anyway,

copied and paste to here...

you mentioned about the video on this rom , i too had problems but i managed to get it too work by adjusting the settings, please try this...

Im using build 2014-01-18 nightly cm11 - ace

under video settings - video qaulity: HD 720p

more options - video encoder: H264 , audio encoder: AAC

back out of camera app and then restart , i get clear videos now no choppy lines etc.

also if you swipe to the right to bring up the vid or photo after using the camera/video app, and then go back and the controls are missing, just swype back to gallery and back to camera/video app once more and they appear again.

ok hope this helps tried to make it clear as possible

kind regards,

WS.
    Should we do a wipe when installing updates? I been dirty flashing. Or is that what we are supposed to do?

chris

Wipe cache and Dalvik and flash the update.
    Well

Greetings,

I have downloaded an [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies, the ROM is slow, I have problem with wireless page which I can't open, and I cant seem to find Performance menu or option in it, plus I cant find print screen option or internet-pass through option.

been reading some posts but can't seem to find suitable answers.

thank you.
    Well sir,try using different CM11 nightly i'm sure it's easy sort out method or change rom(Advice:Nexus 5 Experience R 3.1)

Thanks.
    Hmm....

Greetings,

Well its going fine alright now after a restart but the only part I have problem with is the wireless It keeps searching and It wont see any wireless network, also I still can't find the options for performance and internet-pass through.
    Hmm....seems like your device is S-ON? if yes than try flashing boot.img via fastboot using "fastboot flash boot boot.img"after successful installing rom.
    That wireless issue will be solve forever after that.
    And If you can't find option for performance,than use SetCPU it will offer more better option.

Thanks.