Music playback issue

Search This thread

karehaqt

Mar 10, 2014
Anyone have an issue where songs just randomly jump whilst playing? It doesnt matter which codec or player I use, songs will just jump or skip whilst playing. However playing the same tracks on my iPod Touch 4G results in no problems. Is this just a thing with Android in general and is there something I can do to fix it?

Ouzo

Nov 30, 2007
I've had this problem when listening via stereo Bluetooth. I don't listen using wired headphones so if that's how you're listening to your music I can't compare. Just out of interest, is your music on internal memory of 'external' microSD card?

karehaqt

Mar 10, 2014
I've had this problem when listening via stereo Bluetooth. I don't listen using wired headphones so if that's how you're listening to your music I can't compare. Just out of interest, is your music on internal memory of 'external' microSD card?

My headphones are wired and music is on the internal memory. What's weird is that the only player I've found that seems to work properly is MX Player switched to allow music and hardware decoding enabled. Problem though is that it doesn't support gapless playback which I need.

karehaqt

Mar 10, 2014
Think I may have fixed my issue. Rooted my device and installed CPU Adjuster to setup a profile so that whenever Poweramp is active, my Tegra is to use the Ondemand CPU governor. So far Ive not had any jumps or skips in music. Quite weird why Ive had to resort to this just to get music to play properly, but at least it seems to be working for now.

Ouzo

Nov 30, 2007
Think I may have fixed my issue. Rooted my device and installed CPU Adjuster to setup a profile so that whenever Poweramp is active, my Tegra is to use the Ondemand CPU governor. So far Ive not had any jumps or skips in music. Quite weird why Ive had to resort to this just to get music to play properly, but at least it seems to be working for now.

Perhaps there's a problem with the way the kernel switches between the companion core and the four main cores. Perhaps periodically when playing music and doing other background tasks the fifth core isn't enough, or the frequency of it isn't ramped up quickly enough. Sounds like Nvidia boobed up ;)

Jun 22, 2012
brilliant. since I am rooted, as well, I gave this idea a go and it worked, perfectly. I'll see if it holds up over the next week or so, but so far, it's completely eliminated the audio problem I was having in Google Play Music. Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.