[REQUEST] SCH-I800 stock bootloader (boot.bin and sbl.bin)

Search This thread

flueterflam

Oct 21, 2012
Searched all over and the problem is that any links applicable to this request are no longer active. So, here's a request hoping that maybe someone will have these files handy and can help me and maybe others in the same/similar situation(s).

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab (SCH-I800) from Verizon (CMDA, I believe). I'm looking for a stock boot.bin and stock sbl.bin to fix a bootloader problem.

Basically, before I realized that there were so many versions of this tablet... I ended up flashing the bootloader from a non-SCH-I800 rom. Download mode works. It does boot and charge. The bootloader logo works briefly before the screen is blank. I had tried flashing a ClockworkMod recovery and could sort of make out the logo loading when trying to get into recovery (hold Power + Volume Up), but the fuzz/snow/whatever made it super pixelated. Following that, the screen turns black but with an obvious backlight - the same as loading without going into (or attempting to go into) recovery.

I can flash things via Heimdall and have my original .pit file. The problem is that all the custom roms either require flashing via ClockworkMod (CWM), which I can't access, or doesn't have the bootloader files included. These files seem to be lurking around here for other models of the GT, but for SCH-I800 there seem to be none.

Anyway, I know there are several threads floating around on the same topic and the same device. Seeing as how files are largely unavailable from links posted here (but I really can't find the stock boot.bin and sbl.bin anywhere), I'm creating a new thread to bring attention to it and requesting that if anyone has these files they attach and/or upload somewhere. Thanks in advance!

Deep Nox

Aug 6, 2013
Searched all over and the problem is that any links applicable to this request are no longer active. So, here's a request hoping that maybe someone will have these files handy and can help me and maybe others in the same/similar situation(s).

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab (SCH-I800) from Verizon (CMDA, I believe). I'm looking for a stock boot.bin and stock sbl.bin to fix a bootloader problem.

Basically, before I realized that there were so many versions of this tablet... I ended up flashing the bootloader from a non-SCH-I800 rom. Download mode works. It does boot and charge. The bootloader logo works briefly before the screen is blank. I had tried flashing a ClockworkMod recovery and could sort of make out the logo loading when trying to get into recovery (hold Power + Volume Up), but the fuzz/snow/whatever made it super pixelated. Following that, the screen turns black but with an obvious backlight - the same as loading without going into (or attempting to go into) recovery.

I can flash things via Heimdall and have my original .pit file. The problem is that all the custom roms either require flashing via ClockworkMod (CWM), which I can't access, or doesn't have the bootloader files included. These files seem to be lurking around here for other models of the GT, but for SCH-I800 there seem to be none.

Anyway, I know there are several threads floating around on the same topic and the same device. Seeing as how files are largely unavailable from links posted here (but I really can't find the stock boot.bin and sbl.bin anywhere), I'm creating a new thread to bring attention to it and requesting that if anyone has these files they attach and/or upload somewhere. Thanks in advance!

Try flashing galaxy cubed. It does not need cwm to be flashed. Just uses heimdall.

Sent from my SCH-I200PP using XDA Free mobile app

flueterflam

Oct 21, 2012
Try flashing galaxy cubed. It does not need cwm to be flashed. Just uses heimdall.

Sent from my SCH-I200PP using XDA Free mobile app

I actually tried this already. The problem was that the bootloader was changed to the wrong hardware version (Sprint, I think?). The items included in Galaxy Cubed don't include a boot.bin file. So flashing this rom works, but doesn't fix the problem - effectively a soft brick without the correct bootloader.