[Q] Dell Venue 7 won't boot after update kitkat 4.4.2

Search This thread

ninjaax

Jul 26, 2014
I had booted up my new Dell Venue 7 (with Android 4.2) for the first time, and it was working pretty well. I was about to install some apps when I noticed "System update, touch to install". I did just that and it downloaded, rebooted, and started installing, with nothing seeming to be wrong. I patiently waited for it to install, and right at the end of the installation it stopped and displayed an error message- which amounted to an Android bot in a 'broken, shut down, stwaming' pose and the message "Error."

And it was frozen.

I held down the power button to turn it off and then turned it back on to see the dell logo for a split second, then a USB symbol for a split second, then it shuts off. This now happens every time I boot.

I tried using Droidboot to reset the installation. I can get that to work, but after I select Recovery it reboots, and after the Dell logo, gives me the "pic of the dead android" error message with the message "No command." This is another freeze screen, as I can't get further without rebooting.

All I want is for this thing to boot, I don't care what version of Android it runs at this point. Any assistance in getting the thing to boot would be greatly appreciated. I won tthis thing in a contest, I don't want to be the proud recipient of a brick.

Terry Kennedy

Jul 14, 2014
New York
www.tmk.com
I had booted up my new Dell Venue 7 (with Android 4.2) for the first time, and it was working pretty well. I was about to install some apps when I noticed "System update, touch to install". I did just that and it downloaded, rebooted, and started installing, with nothing seeming to be wrong. I patiently waited for it to install, and right at the end of the installation it stopped and displayed an error message- which amounted to an Android bot in a 'broken, shut down, stwaming' pose and the message "Error."

All I want is for this thing to boot, I don't care what version of Android it runs at this point. Any assistance in getting the thing to boot would be greatly appreciated. I won tthis thing in a contest, I don't want to be the proud recipient of a brick.
Take a look at my response to another user with the same problem here.

tomtom1265

Sep 8, 2012
Last edited:

xxxx-g-xxxx

Nov 30, 2009
Did you get this fixed?
@social-design-concepts has released a newer version of his tool, that seems to fix problems users were having with older versions.
http://xdaforums.com/android/development/intel-android-devices-root-temp-cwm-t2975096

Hi,

Well i finally did. What got me into that situation was a issue with drivers, so lesson learned.

- If you ever get into the bootloader, never select manually the "Recovery" (let the tool handle it) :) or atlast not if you are new to this thing.

frnndhrnndz

Feb 18, 2015

And it was frozen.

I held down the power button to turn it off and then turned it back on to see the dell logo for a split second, then a USB symbol for a split second, then it shuts off. This now happens every time I boot.

I tried using Droidboot to reset the installation. I can get that to work, but after I select Recovery it reboots, and after the Dell logo, gives me the "pic of the dead android" error message with the message "No command." This is another freeze screen, as I can't get further without rebooting.

check this URL, on second PDF brings a steps to recover from brick, maybe can help you.

opensource.dell.com/releases/Venue_8_3840_Merrifield/developer-edition/Doc/