Alternative honeycomb launcher

Search This thread

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Got my tablet, don't really like the sense launcher, and adw ex doesn't look right imo. Any alternative honeycomb launchers?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Reactions: Gumby63

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta
Got my tablet, don't really like the sense launcher, and adw ex doesn't look right imo. Any alternative honeycomb launchers?

Oops meant to press quote, but you could try using the stock HC launcher. I like that the best out of all the ones I've tried

Last edited:

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
I basically have 3 issues with it #1 wasted screen real estate, #2 no folder support, and and #3, can't delete unused home screens

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using XDA App

devator22

Dec 16, 2010
I basically have 3 issues with it #1 wasted screen real estate, #2 no folder support, and and #3, can't delete unused home screens

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using XDA App

I think he meant the stock honeycomb launcher, not the stock htc launcher. The stock honeycomb launcher does not have wasted space, the other two I'm not sure about.

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Ah yeah I saw a "t" in there that wasn't there lol. Yeah I saw the team syndicate one and I tried it out, only problem is it was kinda designed for gb and froyo so it has a virtual notification bar that can't be disabled... However that was the free version it might be able to be disabled on the paid I dunno. Anywhere on XDA I could just grab the apk for the actual stock launcher and install it?

Ah yeah I saw a "t" in there that wasn't there lol. Yeah I saw the team syndicate one and I tried it out, only problem is it was kinda designed for gb and froyo so it has a virtual notification bar that can't be disabled... However that was the free version it might be able to be disabled on the paid I dunno. Anywhere on XDA I could just grab the apk for the actual stock launcher and install it?

i use go launcher ex which is free and ok if well configured.
the go team is also working on a hd version for tablet which is in beta atm... watch out for it

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta

It's in my ROM. If you don't want to download the whole thing for the launcher i could just link it to you :p

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Yeah I might eventually go custom rom, I've had plenty of experience with my captivate :), but for now I think I'm just going to stay stock for the time being with the flyer, so if you want to link it thats cool. Thanks!

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Wow I guess golauncher hd beta for tablets dropped out today, i'm not sure if it's on the market but I downloaded it and it works. It looks promising

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta
Hmm well let me know if you still want me to upload it, I was busy today lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
GO Launcher EX is good. Has lots of features that most Launchers don't
But I always miss the glorious sense widgets that you cannot get any where else.

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Honestly I've warmed up to the sense launcher a bit. Its basic and bare but the cool animations and awesome sense widgets make it worth using. As far as real estate, Go launcher HD had the issue too, just seems to be a honeycomb thing so whatever really. Think I'll just stick with Sense for now!

killerskincanoe

Mar 4, 2009
Sony Xperia Ion
Oppo Find 5
yea go launcher HD (beta) is a nice alternative to the stock or htc launchers for sure. just started using it today and really like the folder support

it's not on the market u'll have to search around for it

Top Liked Posts