[SAFE] TW 4.4.2 | 06.20.14 | NE4/ND8 Hybrid | AT&T StockROM

Search This thread

Darian71

Aug 31, 2012
holcomb
What about phone and contacts? ?
I haven't experienced any problems with the phone or contacts. Only the MMS not sending with wifi on. Which was why I changed them. Thanks to lemonboi5's beta2 release, where I didn't experience the MMS issue either, I knew it had to be something with the NE4. So that's all I've had to change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Joehen873

Dec 9, 2012
philly
I haven't experienced any problems with the phone or contacts. Only the MMS not sending with wifi on. Which was why I changed them. Thanks to lemonboi5's beta2 release, where I didn't experience the MMS issue either, I knew it had to be something with the NE4. So that's all I've had to change.

My problem is I want the ne4 base but I also want all the s5 apps. But I guess cant have the best of both worlds. I gonna try though. Thanks man

Reactions: Darian71

Darian71

Aug 31, 2012
holcomb
My problem is I want the ne4 base but I also want all the s5 apps. But I guess cant have the best of both worlds. I gonna try though. Thanks man
I'd try all the S5 apps to see if I were y'all. But I'm quite sure (hopefully), the Likewise ROM will eventually have the NE4 base as well. He done a magnificent job incorporating them on the ND8 in beta2. Good luck! [emoji109]
Looking for the same thing. Lol. It will come soon enough I'm sure.

evisser4

Apr 24, 2013
I'd try all the S5 apps to see if I were y'all. But I'm quite sure (hopefully), the Likewise ROM will eventually have the NE4 base as well. He done a magnificent job incorporating them on the ND8 in beta2. Good luck! [emoji109]

Thanks for the suggestion. I had actually flashed the ne4 earlier today and tried to add a few ported s5 apps. Got stuck on dialer and contacts. I'm back on Likewise LT for now. I'm going to research it a bit more and maybe I'll give it another shot.

Reactions: lemonboi5

Darian71

Aug 31, 2012
holcomb
Thanks for the suggestion. I had actually flashed the ne4 earlier today and tried to add a few ported s5 apps. Got stuck on dialer and contacts. I'm back on Likewise LT for now. I'm going to research it a bit more and maybe I'll give it another shot.
Exactly what is going on with your dialer? Not showing contacts or something?

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012

I have the NE4 base with most of the S5 Apps: Phone, Dialer, Contacts, Alarm, Calculator, Lockscreen, Music, Videos, SystemUI, etc just to name few!! It has been rock solid for the past 72 hours....

¿Will-it-Blend?

May 27, 2013
Atlanta, GA
plus.google.com
I have the NE4 base with most of the S5 Apps: Phone, Dialer, Contacts, Alarm, Calculator, Lockscreen, Music, Videos, SystemUI, etc just to name few!! It has been rock solid for the past 72 hours....

Could you give a step by step guide of how you got all of that working? It doesn't have to be too detailed, but just where you found the apps and how you got them installed. Thank you.

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012
Could you give a step by step guide of how you got all of that working? It doesn't have to be too detailed, but just where you found the apps and how you got them installed. Thank you.

I am planning to make flashable zip of all those apps hopefully by end of next week. If I have more time, I am end up building a S5 ROM with most of the S5 apps in it. ROM will be stock(untouched) with S5 apps cooked into it.:fingers-crossed:

Sorry, I don't remember what things made those apps working on the NE base. I have been playing with this stuff for almost month now.:silly:

lemonboi5

Sep 24, 2012
www.facebook.com
LikeWise LT, and Beta 2.5 will feature this Hybrid based, but guys we've reverted back to the Sprint settings because of the Wifi tethering issue. I will include NE4's settings file on the thread, but I don't think the Wifi Tethering works.

evisser4

Apr 24, 2013
Exactly what is going on with your dialer? Not showing contacts or something?

Both Contacts and Phone apps would FC when I tried to open them after flashing the S5 versions. Not sure why.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

I am planning to make flashable zip of all those apps hopefully by end of next week. If I have more time, I am end up building a S5 ROM with most of the S5 apps in it. ROM will be stock(untouched) with S5 apps cooked into it.:fingers-crossed:

Sorry, I don't remember what things made those apps working on the NE base. I have been playing with this stuff for almost month now.:silly:

That would be cool. Please do. I am looking for something like that. Either the zip to flash s5 apps or the ROM. Good luck.

Darian71

Aug 31, 2012
holcomb
Both Contacts and Phone apps would FC when I tried to open them after flashing the S5 versions. Not sure why.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

That would be cool. Please do. I am looking for something like that. Either the zip to flash s5 apps or the ROM. Good luck.
Yes! That would be cool to have an S5 flashable zip. And Glad I did try the dialer then. Thanks for letting me know. [emoji106]

Update : I can't even get the s5 dialer/contact to flash. I mean it flashes, but when I try to move the file to the appropriate location, Root Explorer says it fails. Moved the messaging app just fine, but it's only partially functional as I have the same issue with the S5 tw framework. So I can't draw in my messaging

Last edited:

jpcdeux

Mar 26, 2010
Laporte, IN
I made a ROM like that for S4. Soon as I get time I'll make one for S3. Stock AT&T with all their bloat removed, adding S5 apps. Not hard at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android-kitkat-logo.jpg

What is This?
    This is ND8, but it has all the NE4 files you need, even NE4 CSC. no traces of sprint are left behind. It's a fully flashable, and safe AT&T build.

Why?
    I made this hybrid to make you feel safer, while getting the same AT&T functionality you want. It's ND8 based, and we know ND8 is safe.

Screenshots:
    2014-06-202_zps4d8715cc.png

2014-06-201_zps5300671d.png

2014-06-20_zpsda5c6d6e.png

Downloads:
    Download NE4/ND8 Hybrid AT&T 4.4.2 StockROM
    Mirrors coming soon!
    Anyone is welcome to re-upload this!
    Freely use this as you wish!
    I believe the development in this community is beautiful!

Requirements:
    4.3 Firmware (bootloader & modem)
    (Mjb, and Mj2 compatible)

Whats Removed?
    Knox only. It's all stock NE4. All bloat is there.

Notes:
    • This includes the NE4 build.prop properties
    • All NE4 APPS included
    • Fully Stock- All Bloatware included.
    • Clean Flash recommended.
    • You can flash over ND8, but do not report bugs to me if dirty flashed, as the same toggles and everything are not enabled for AT&T.
    • I am claiming this as a"Hybrid"
    • It is safe. My device is still fully functional.

enewman17
    CNexus
    saranhai
    docholiday77
    talkingmonkeys
    Ktoosez (kt747)
    Can this lock on to lte network? I tried to lock lte on an nd8 Rom and it wouldn't do it.

Locked onto AT&T lte network just fine. Took a little while to settle in.

I am on stock kernel with S3Rx Rom, MJ2 bootloader and MJB Modem.
    Does the ROM also has Ktoonsex kernel also?

Yes. And I have the same firmware setup as you.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
    First! Thanks for the hard work