What should I remove to stop OTA's?

Search This thread

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
Hey guys, first off I miss this forum, some great people using this phone.

Anyway I'm giving my s4 to my brother who has never had an android phone before. I want him to get comfortable with the stock software before i get him into all the cool stuff.

The phone is MDK so obviously I don't want him to update. What files do I need to remove in order to stop OTA's?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: calebcabob

Oishikatta

Mar 16, 2014

Anyway I'm giving my s4 to my brother who has never had an android phone before. I want him to get comfortable with the stock software before i get him into all the cool stuff.

The phone is MDK so obviously I don't want him to update. What files do I need to remove in order to stop OTA's?

Freeze/remove FWUpgrade and SDM.

I'd just flash Hyperdrive, it's barely different from stock but already has all the OTA/KNOX stuff removed.

Reactions: joshm.1219

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia

I'd just flash Hyperdrive, it's barely different from stock but already has all the OTA/KNOX stuff removed.
Thanks.

My only gripe with HD is the rebooting since there's no real 4.3 kernel for the MDK firmware. I want him on something completely stable since he doesn't yet understand how to deal with issues that may arise related to custom software.

I did $70 on the platinum key though lol so he'll be on HD one day.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I was running Surges BajaRom with KToonsez TW 4.3 kernel with no problems at all. Great rom and kernel... Unless Surge pushed another update try version 1.00 as I think the release after that they are trying to iron out some kinks lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Also... you like the m8???

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
Very nice. I love my M8. Now that I'm s-off and unlocked boot loader. Been ages since I had a unlock device

Sent from my Insane powered M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mistertac

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Very nice. I love my M8. Now that I'm s-off and unlocked boot loader. Been ages since I had a unlock device

Sent from my Insane powered M8 using Tapatalk
    I got a One Max running Sense 6 M8 base ROM though. I'm tempted to get the M8