[EMU] Sega CD

Is Sega CD support worth it

• Total voters
Search This thread

poo-tang

Nov 21, 2011
www.xperiagamer.com
MD.emu gets Sega CD support in update!!!

HUEAhP7uxgUbYAZxmoMosFpDrYMddkgT8w-a_-oVxag4FH6EvKpit19GVncOnEEMvms=w124

Google Market link

attachment.php

Last edited:

RottenFoxBreath

Oct 22, 2010
Snatcher, Batman Returns(the driving stages specifically), Night Trap, Lunar: The Silver Star(sure theres more Lunar games), Shining Force CD, and Keio Flying Squadron to name but a few(probably the better ones).

TheVicious

May 31, 2010
Don't forget about Heart of the Alien: Out of this World !! Second part of Another World. I'm waiting for my payday :D

Google Market link

attachment.php

Talking Point

But is it really worth it ? :confused:

(Not the Emu as it's great. just the CD support)

Sega CD games to me are only MegaDrive games with CD sound. On our already full up SD cards with all these new age games what would you prefer a 6mb or 400mb rom's (Approx). I know there are some exclusive titles for the CD but is there any game that is worth deleting MC3 or GTA for example ? (NOT Sonic CD as the app will be better). And do you think it was worth Robert Broglia spending months on this when he could of made maybe an Atari Jag or Sega Saturn emu for example ?

I would rather go for Atari jag so I can play Alien vs predator, iron soldier, tempest 2k, battlesphere, to name a few. However for Sega cd I would play the silpheed.

Then again there was Shining force, Lunar star to mention for Sega cd. All three of the systems mentioned have their good and bad. But to beh onest there still is no real Jaguar emulator that I am aware of and would love to see this come a reality so I can play my Alien vs Predator on the go... still have my jag with a buttload of games... Bought it in 1995, I was 16.... played the hell out of it... then I got the Jaguar CD add on at Walmart for $50 in 1999 on clearnace...been thinking of selling it sometime, then I play the games that are good and go... NAH!!

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Last edited:

tekken179

Dec 14, 2010
Banbridge
Just updated application can't seem to get roms to boot , emu boots but Rom goes straight to music player :-(

Tried several Roms all same effect :-(

On an added note search for a game called sonic megamix its one of the best sonic mods out there more info at sonicretro.org

Sent from my R800i

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
Snatcher, Batman Returns(the driving stages specifically), Night Trap, Lunar: The Silver Star(sure theres more Lunar games), Shining Force CD, and Keio Flying Squadron to name but a few(probably the better ones).

Did you seriously put Night Trap on the same list with Shining Force and Lunar? Heck Night Trap on ANY list of "good" games???

The only game that was almost as bad was Sewer Shark!

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Yes its worth it. But then I am biased as I run http://www.gens.me =p Back when the 4 big EMUs were being done. Talked to the dev the other day when he emailed me said this update was coming.

Now for the reason <3 Sega cd can be summed up with one studio..

Working Designs. Enough said. =p, Lunar, Vay, Popful Mail, Dark Wizard. Need I go on?

mastertiti2000

Jul 18, 2010
I've tried all bios versions (us v 1.10 v 2.00 v 2.11, eu v 1.00 v 2.00 v 2.21 and jap v 1.00 v 1.01) still don't work anymore. Wait and see....

I've also one question: I don't know when it's arrived but I can't load any states in .ss0 .ss1.... I've tried to rename her but still no result. Can I convert her in .0A.gp 01.gp.... ?

Sent from my R800i using XDA

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Got mine loaded just fine. Now whats fun is that I have my Sega Cd music.. sound seems to be working too.. Hrm neat. Loaded up Lunar 2. Freezes on the WD screen.. but still its a start.

Bios files work just fine btw.

Oh yes.. protip In options, make sure you turn on that sram thing. Why? So when you use GENS and so, you can move your save files back and forth.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Found one issue tho which I just sent to him, hopefully fixed soon. Those of us who have "Back Alt" for our "O" button, this emu will only treat the mapping as "back" so we wont be able to use the O button till he fixes that.

Those who have button O mapped as BUTTON_B you should be ok. =)

johnboyjr

Nov 29, 2010
Did you seriously put Night Trap on the same list with Shining Force and Lunar? Heck Night Trap on ANY list of "good" games???

i love night trap

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Wake me up when we have a tg16 cd emu. I want to play sherlock holmes

sherlock holmes came out for sega cd too

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

Heck Night Trap on ANY list of "good" games???

Hey now! I have some great memories of playing Sewer Shark! That one came free with the sega cd right?

"Your new name is Dogmeat!"

5 minutes later..........

"Your new name is Beach Bum!"

"Why?"

"Becuase I said so."

PoorCollegeGuy

Account currently disabled
Dec 18, 2011
Columbus
twitter.com
Hey now! I have some great memories of playing Sewer Shark! That one came free with the sega cd right?

"Your new name is Dogmeat!"

5 minutes later..........

"Your new name is Beach Bum!"

"Why?"

"Becuase I said so."

Sewer Shark ftw! I would get a Sega CD emu just to play that horrible game again lol.

It's too bad my two favorite games for it, Lunar and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue were re-made for the PlayStation (who's emulator and ROMs I know own) otherwise I'd be all over there.

RottenFoxBreath

Oct 22, 2010
Snatcher crashed when you get into the police car, to go to your first destination, and Batman Returns seems to just freeze on the Sega logo...was looking forward to those two as well..

tekken179

Dec 14, 2010
Banbridge
Give him chance as stated it's early beta progress the fact that it's been included is impressive :)

He is also looking to soon take on a GBA Emulator and add game gear to his md.emu :)

i've also asked him about making an atari 5200, 7800 and jag emulators :p but no reply

after now finding the correct bios (already on my damn desktop i had just forgot about with Kega Fusion) I have tested several games.

Sonic CD - Runs fine, background music comes and goes.
Batman Returns, if it get's past the sega logo freezing it freezes on first intro (cutscene)
Mortal Kombat - Same deal as batman.
Sega 5 in 1 - Same deal again

Sonic Megamix - gets to first loading screen and crashes.

However i suspect this issues to be resolved the dev is quite fast working and pushing updates :D follow him on twitter for his progress.

Reactions: RottenFoxBreath

RottenFoxBreath

Oct 22, 2010
Yeah, it's no big deal, just hoped they would work without waiting, as my mega cd doesn't work on my plasma, and we threw the last crt telly out a month or two ago, so fancied playing them again..

Got a good deal on the mega cd, with silpheed, batman returns and snatcher, so can't grumble at the cost of the emulator, and waiting time..still got plenty others to play.

A Jaguar emu, now that would rock, Tempest was ace.

The Sega 5in1 you mention, was that the one with Streets of Rage, and others..the one that came with the megacd? and it also came with sol feaces.:eek:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, this is Robert, the developer of the various *.emu and Snes9x EX apps. Sorry for jumping in this thread a bit late but I'll go through a couple questions you guys had.

I've also one question: I don't know when it's arrived but I can't load any states in .ss0 .ss1.... I've tried to rename her but still no result. Can I convert her in .0A.gp 01.gp.... ?

Nope, the save states are specific to this emulator so you can't interchange them with any others. The SRAM will work with Gens at least if you enable the Big-endian option (only affects cart-based games, CD saves are always in big-endian).

Snatcher crashed when you get into the police car, to go to your first destination, and Batman Returns seems to just freeze on the Sega logo...was looking forward to those two as well..

Snatcher at least should get past that part in the latest update (1.4.25).

I bought this and then relised that every time I launch it its not Optimized for my play.

Can you be more specific? There's a default control layout for Xperia Play users and you can also define your own buttons under Options -> Input -> Key Config

Google Market link

attachment.php

Is it worth it?! ...is it worth it?!

SHINING ************* FORCE CD is shocked and appalled that you'd even ask.
    retroarch has two genesis emus. one has 32x support. worked great for me with darxide
    http://libretro.com/pages/platforms/android

There you go Ozzman. I used the r22 ( ARM) apk
    Be warned, installed it takes up over 100mb internal storage :S

Sent from my R800i using xda premium