[ROM][MTD]CyanogenMod 7.2.0 UNOFFICIAL by TeamAcid[R13][Mar-22-2013]

Search This thread
There is no one who can add to the original software for the Turkish language?

If you go to Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select Language you can select Turkish as the language.

Are there any Turkish language option?

Do what m4xm4n told you to with the prior version. That's the capability. If it's not enough, request it get added to the base on the CyanogenMod forums, it's not something that these developers would be doing.

Unrelated to the Turkish language... any change of getting the Kernel 'type' changed to galaxys4g instead of galaxys4gmtd so that phone model detection bits (like Voodoo Plus) will actually work without recompiling additional custom kernels?

Reactions: 95Z28 and m4xm4n

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
Unrelated to the Turkish language... any change of getting the Kernel 'type' changed to galaxys4g instead of galaxys4gmtd so that phone model detection bits (like Voodoo Plus) will actually work without recompiling additional custom kernels?

I think the reason for this is so people dont mix them up and flash to the wrong roms. Even the experienced users are capable of making mistakes. Once the port is in a beta stage Im sure they will change those things to make those things work better.

m4xm4n

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 9, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.maxfierke.com
Do what m4xm4n told you to with the prior version. That's the capability. If it's not enough, request it get added to the base on the CyanogenMod forums, it's not something that these developers would be doing.

I will be adding voodoo sound support to the kernel in the next week or so.

I think the reason for this is so people dont mix them up and flash to the wrong roms. Even the experienced users are capable of making mistakes. Once the port is in a beta stage Im sure they will change those things to make those things work better.
True... having it listed as galaxys4g would probably let people try to use the Galaxy S Kernel flasher to soft-brick their phones, but it would also let people using this CM7 switch kernels without using Heimdall. Eh, comes down to whether you want to make it easier for the people who read directions or harder for the people who don't.

That being said, it does make a certain amount of sense to keep things partially 'broken' for device detection currently. And hey, if m4xm4n is adding Voodoo Sound to the kernel, that takes out the actual one I'd want for my normal usage, since changing to a new revision takes a major download anyways...

Consider the request temporarily revoked. Thanks for the consideration. :)

Reactions: m4xm4n

m4xm4n

Aug 9, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.maxfierke.com
I've determined what is causing the camera issues. When I have some time this weekend, I'll try to get stuff working.

I've been trying to tackle USB mounting all week and haven't figured out why it's not working. It's clear vold has a problem mounting as USB, but it won't tell me what's up, so I think I'll need to delve deeper.

I've got some stuff lined up for wired tethering that may fix it.

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
Thanks Max. I had been looking in to the camera libs on Github, but could find out why.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

melih101

Jun 27, 2011
Hey dude, if you buy the replacement part, repairing it is VERY easy. I did mine in about 8 or 9 minutes... the part took about 4 days to come with the slowest shipping tho. I didn't rush cuz I had my n900.

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
those are 2 spearate issues i presume unless the reboot to recovery within the rom is linking directly to the initramfs - recovery within the kernel.

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
Murti, please private message me so i can speak to you in turkish and we won't disrupt this thread

Murti, özel mesaj lütfen bana bu yüzden türk size konuşabiliyor ve bu konuya bozmayacak

Reactions: IDisposable

m4xm4n

Aug 9, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.maxfierke.com
Hey dude, if you buy the replacement part, repairing it is VERY easy. I did mine in about 8 or 9 minutes... the part took about 4 days to come with the slowest shipping tho. I didn't rush cuz I had my n900.

It's beyond that point, I'm afraid. The device clearly suffered more internal damage than just the screen because it does not power on anymore. Don't worry about it though, I'm taking care of it and should have another device within the next week or two at the most.

melih101

Jun 27, 2011
best of luck to you man. Want to see this great rom move farther. Apprixiate your work :)
Appriciate*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
    * thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or 
    * unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any 
    * concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
    * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
    * for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh. 
    * Then I will put it in your eye.
    */

By using the ROM you agree with the above terms!

This thread is for the latest unofficial builds of CyanogenMod 7 for the Samsung Galaxy S 4G. This version is based only on upstream CM7 (currently CM 7.2.0 RC1). We have not made any theming changes, apk changes, etc. It's exactly how it would be on any other phone that receives CM7 nightlies (usually just slightly more broken). CyanogenMod 7 is stable enough on this phone where it can be used as a daily driver, provided a feature that you require is not broken. That said, you may encounter issues, so don't rely on everything. This is a beta port but we're getting very close to being ready to start the process of becoming official.

This thread is for development. If you have a problem and don't post logs (where relevant) or provide any detail, I will ignore you.

Please report issues with proper grammar, thorough explanation, and speak in a respectful manner. If you are reporting an issue that has already been reported, post some logs (logcat, dmesg, kmsg, last_kmsg, etc).

Working:
    • MTD and YAFFS2.
    • Tiny Preempt RCU in the kernel for lower memory allocation overhead.
    • ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 5.0.2.8
    • Power Management
    • 2D and 3D Graphics
    • Sound
    • Brightness control
    • Modem/Radio/RIL
    • SMS/MMS
    • WiFi
    • BLN (Requires the use of neldar's BLN application. Use the pro version for the best experience)
    • Ringtones
    • Vibration
    • GPS
    • Rear Facing Camera
    • Front Facing Camera *New
    • Camcorder
    • Video Encoding and Decoding
    • cpufreq/underclocking, etc. No OC/UV.
    • Rebooting to recovery
    • USB Mounting in Android and Recovery Mode
    • Wireless and Wired Tethering
    • Bluetooth
    • Voodoo sound

Broken
    • Rebooting to download mode (not sure if anything can be done about this, short of hacking the bootloader)
    • Car/Desk dock audio
    • TV-Out
    • WiFi-Calling

Known Issues/Bugs

If you find more issues, please check with CM7 gerrit before you think it's a problem with something we've done.

If you find an issue, please provide any relevant logs. It's also preferable to post it to our github issue tracker.

If the error is occuring in /proc/kmsg or /proc/last_kmsg, it's definitely kernel related. Post it on the Kernel Issue Tracker

If the error is showing up in logcat, chances are it can be fixed through modification of our device tree. Post it on the Device Issue Tracker.

Github/Changes: https://github.com/teamacid/

Instructions are in the second post.

Builds are in the third post.
    Builds & Modems

Builds & Modems

Builds

DO NOT attempt to flash these using ClockwordMod Recovery (CWM) 3.0.2.8

Twelfth Release (R13) - 03/22/2013 (04:37:48PM CDT) - Available on GooManager
    update.zip:
    Goo.im
    Mirror
    (md5sum: 48fabdf8be3fe2e52acbb6c008663b90)

Twelfth Release (R12) - 07/03/2012 (10:17:48PM CDT) - Available on GooManager
    boot.img
    update.zip (md5sum: a37b342792132316cb2a44f61cd0e542)

Fixed Eleventh Release (R11B)
    boot.img
    update.zip (md5sum: 5ea86295ef6a095cab83be6cc848def0)

Eleventh Release (R11) - 06/14/2012 (09:17:23PM CDT):
    boot.img
    update.zip (md5sum: b27ab2d86890381ce4109d613dedff46)

Tenth Release (R10) - 05/21/2012 (9:27:38PM CDT):
    boot.img (debug version )
    update.zip(md5sum)
    Debug note: The debug version is meant to be used temporarily, when debugging a specific feature where extra kernel debugging is needed. Because of this, no external modules such as wifi are provided, causing wifi to no longer work until you go back to the regular boot.img.

Ninth Release (Fixed) (R9B) - 05/10/2012 (11:53:47PM CDT):
    boot.img
    update.zip(md5sum)
    ADB Note: You need to use the Google USB drivers from now on, as opposed to the Samsung drivers. The Samsung drivers are only used for Heimdall/ODIN now, and not ADB.

I broke it. Use R9B.
    Ninth Release (R9) - 05/10/2012 (06:15:24PM CDT):
    boot.img
    update.zip(md5sum)

Eighth Release (R8) - 04/30/2012 (12:43:31AM CDT):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Seventh (1st Reset) Release - 04/21/2012 (01:41:41AM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Sixth Release - 04/19/2012 (6:47PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

The download links to these are in the old thread, you shouldn't be using them:

Fifth Release - 04/18/2012 (2:13PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Forth Release - 04/09/2012 (10:17PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Third Release - 04/09/2012 (2:15PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Second Release - 04/08/2012 (12:15PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

First Release - 04/05/2012 (8:12PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Modems

Here
    Instructions

Build instructions: http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S/SGH-T959V/Building_From_Source

Get the build from the thrid post. Make sure you read all the instructions before trying anything!

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Installing CyanogenMod 7 @ SGS4GWiki
    In an email I sent to teamacid members:

M_T_M has helped to convinced me to stick around.

I'm gonna take two weeks off from hacking to get my life sorted out
    and to clear my mind.

When I come back, my threads (heimdall, cm7, and kernel) will be
    unlocked and updated.

Until then, I'll be hangin out in #teamnerd in case you guys need any help.
    Alrighty, video recording is fixed. Give me around an hour and a half to post a new build.

:D It's beta now. It's also thinking about getting official time.

Edit: If I don't have it up in an hour and a half or so, I probably fell asleep.

Edit2: I forgot about the front facing camera orientation. I want to fix that before I post the build. It'll take some trial and error.