★[ROM] STOCKORAMA | VERSION 2 | Aroma | Multi-Carrier | Multi-Window | 5.19.2013 ☆

Search This thread

blongs

Dec 4, 2010
HELP - Install problem

I followed OP instructions to the tee I believe but the last step before install in the aroma I get error -- assert failed getprop (ro.product.device) == d2tmo getprop (ro.build.product) ==d2tmo. after reboot phone locks on Galaxy SIII page. I'm really looking forward to using this rom and hope I can resolve this issue.

I'm coming from the 4.1.2 stock update if that matters. Thank you in advance

mgbotoe

I followed OP instructions to the tee I believe but the last step before install in the aroma I get error -- assert failed getprop (ro.product.device) == d2tmo getprop (ro.build.product) ==d2tmo. after reboot phone locks on Galaxy SIII page. I'm really looking forward to using this rom and hope I can resolve this issue.

I'm coming from the 4.1.2 stock update if that matters. Thank you in advance

Where you using any ported app initially? I believe your build.prop is edited
Is your recovery updated?

Last edited:

blongs

Dec 4, 2010

Not using any ported apps that I know of however I did previously have liquid smooth rom installed which is ported I think.

Recovery is 5. something (pretty new)

Is there any way to change the build prop?

popimp315

Nov 10, 2010
You can always just take the MMS apk from his Darth ROM and overwrite the other. Just give it proper permissions and you should be good to go.

Sent from Planet Vegeta.

mgbotoe

Not using any ported apps that I know of however I did previously have liquid smooth rom installed which is ported I think.

Recovery is 5. something (pretty new)

Is there any way to change the build prop?
The reason I ask is jovy rom's do not play well if you are coming from ported roms / 4.2.2 90% of the time from my experience I can't speak for others.

Well let see first if it is edited,

Can you provide a screen shot of your build prop?

If you have any root explorer / navigator installed on your phone...(I use root browser).

If you download root browser, open it...and scroll down to system >> than scroll down you will see build.prop>>> open it and take a screen shot and show us what you see.

Also I do not think your recovery is updated, im assuming you are using CWM yes? the latest is 6.0.3.1

Last edited:

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
You're a pimp Jovy, good work bro. I have a question about one of the mods in your ROM, and I would like some information so I may also implement it. How do you enable "allow unknown sources" by default in your ROMs?

blongs

Dec 4, 2010

The reason I ask is jovy rom's do not play well if you are coming from ported roms / 4.2.2 90% of the time from my experience I can't speak for others.

Well let see first if it is edited,

Can you provide a screen shot of your build prop?

If you have any root explorer / navigator installed on your phone...(I use root browser).

If you download root browser, open it...and scroll down to system >> than scroll down you will see build.prop>>> open it and take a screen shot and show us what you see.

Also I do not think your recovery is updated, im assuming you are using CWM yes? the latest is 6.0.3.1

UPDATE: updated CWM to latest version seemed to solve the problem - Thank you very much

ace2153

Jan 5, 2012
How do I get screen shot to work?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
Is the download link down? It is not connecting me to androidfilehosting website

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

ticojpunk

Aug 29, 2011
New City, NY
Torn between flashing this and sticking with Jovy's bone stock version. I don't feel I'm missing out on any features, but i do find bone stock eats up a lot more RAM making games lag a bit unless I clear the RAM out before playing, which I never remember to do.

Sent from my stock-rooted 4.1.2 SGH-T999 via Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Torn between flashing this and sticking with Jovy's bone stock version. I don't feel I'm missing out on any features, but i do find bone stock eats up a lot more RAM making games lag a bit unless I clear the RAM out before playing, which I never remember to do.

I'm leaning on the side of sticking with stock until Darthstalker is rebased.

Screen shots

Here are some screen shots which I wanted to share. The launcher in the screen shot is the NEXT Launcher 3D.

I am using Jovy's Stockorama v1 - T999 Galaxy S3 v4.1.2 Jellybean rom with the "JB MAD" theme which I like a lot.

It comes with the 23 Toggle mod which I think is so much nicer than any others I have seen so far and this theme also
includes all the fancy icons in the status bar.

I have included the Quadrant screenshot, not bad for stock kernel and no over clocking apps or mods used or installed. :cowboy:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★[ROM] STOCKORAMA | VERSION 2 | Aroma | Multi-Carrier | Multi-Window | 5.19.2013 ☆

STOCKORAMA

Read below "BEFORE" downloading, flashing, and posting questions....

...REMEMBER...
    I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device, if your SD card goes dead, and everything else!

STOCKORAMA ROM FEATURES

★ The Rom Is Based On The T-Mobile UVDMD5 4.1.2 Base
    ★ Complete Stock Theme
    ★ Aroma Installer Support
    ★ Multi-Carrier Support
    ★ Rooted
    ★ Zipaligned
    ★ Deodexed
    ★ Busybox
    ★ SuperSU
    ★ Sysrw + Sysro
    ★ Init.d Support
    ★ Carrier IQ Free
    ★ Multi-Window
    ★ Premium Suite
    ★ Supremacy Script
    ★ App/data Support
    ★ Nano/Bash Support
    ★ CSC Feature Tweaks
    ★ Bootanimation Support
    ★ EdgeZoom Toggle Mod
    ★ No Incremental Ringtone
    ★ Transitioning Speed Mod
    ★ Resizable Pop-Up Browser
    ★ Volume Boosting Sound Hack
    ★ Enabled "Unknown Sources" As Default
    ★ Wifi-Calling [Only For T-Mobile Users]
    ★ MMS Over Wifi [Only For T-Mobile Users]
    ★ Adobe Flash Player Support
    ★ Unrestricted Native Tethering!
    ★ Bluetooth Tethering Enabled!
    ★ 4 Way Reboot / Advanced Power Menu
    ★ Performance And Battery Enhancements
    ★ Debloated [Added Some Apps To Aroma]
    ★ 3G/4G/Wi-Fi Speed And Signal Enhancements
    ★ Tons Of Init.d Tweaks And Build.Prop Tweaks
    ★ 24 Themed Green Status Bar Custom Toggles
    ★ Unlimited Contacts Joining
    ★ Unlimited Max Slide Count
    ★ Unlimited SMS Recipient Limit
    ★ TouchWiz Smooth Scrolling Mod
    ★ Tweaks For Cache Management
    ★ Messaging App Screen On/Off Toggle
    ★ Modified Stock Camera Take Pictures With Volume Rocker And Power Button Mod
    ★ Modified Stock Camera App With Disabled Camera/Camcorder "Low Battery", "Can't Use Flash", And "Unable To Start While In A Call" Alerts So Now You Can Use Flash/Camera/Camcorder Even When Your Phone's Battery Is Running Low Or During A Phone Call.
    ★ Create Your Own Messaging Background Style Using Any Picture You Want With The Stock Modified Messaging App
    ★ Use The Camera And Camcorder To Take Pictures Or Record Videos While On A Call
    ★ Slideshow Mode Disabled For Both Group And MMS Single Pictures
    ★ SMS To MMS Auto Conversion For Long Text Has Been Disabled
    ★ Save And Restore Text Messages Using The Messaging App
    ★ Stock Messaging App Group Conversations On/Off Toggle
    ★ Inverted Youtube App With Screen While Off Playback
    ★ Increased SMS Hour Limit By 1000
    ★ Samsung Logo Boot Animation + Sound
    ★ Jellybean Has Project Butter But I Present You "PROJECT FLOW" [Silky Smooth UI]!
    ★ Faster USB Storage SD-Card Read/Write/Transfer Speeds

AROMA INSTALLER FEATURES

FULL MULTI-CARRIER SUPPORT FOR T-MOBILE (USA), ATT, AND ALL T-MOBILE (CANADA) VARIANTS!
    - Pick Your Carrier And The Carrier Specific Needed Files Will Be Installed.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS TEXT
    - Added In A Installation Instructions Text With Notes To Let You Know How To Install The Rom Properly.

LANGUAGE SUPPORT FOR THE INSTALLATION
    - You Can Pick Your Choice Of Language For The Installation.

AROMA THEME FOR INSTALLATION
    - You Have A Choice To Pick Unthemed, MIUI, ICS, MIUI4, And Sense.

CHANGELOG TEXT
    - Added In A Changelog Text So You Can See What Was Added During Each Rom Version Release.

WIPE AND APPS METHOD
    Full Wipe Method, No Wipe Method, Apps And Addons Method

AROMA MENU OPTIONS
    Run Rom Install, System Information, Changelog, View Developer Picks, EFS Backup, Restore EFS Backup, Aroma File Manager, Fix Permissions, Exit Aroma Installer

CHOICE OF SAMSUNG APPS
    AllShare Play, Samsung Kies, Media Hub, Samsung Account, Mobile Print, S-Voice, Ssuggest, VPN Client, Polaris Viewer, Voice Recorder, SMemo, Samsung Apps

GOOGLE APPS [SOME HAVE THEMED/UN-THEMED OPTIONS!]
    Google Mail, Google Maps, Google Now, Google Play Music, Google+, Google Streets, Google Hangouts, Google Play Store, Youtube, Google Keep

CAMERA AND GALLERYS
    S3 Stock Camera, S3 Stock Gallery, Nexus 4 Camera

FILE MANAGERS
    Stock My Files, CyanogenMod File Manager, ES File Manager

LAUNCHERS
    Stock TouchWiz Launcher, 5x5 TouchWiz Launcher, Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, LMT "Pie" Launcher

KEYBOARDS
    Samsung Keyboard, Swype Keyboard, Android 4.2 Keyboard, Emoji Keyboard, Black Android 4.2 Keyboard

MUSIC PLAYERS
    Stock Music Player, Apollo Music Player

ADDITIONAL APPS
    Flipboard, Rom Toolbox Lite, T-Mobile Visual Voicemail, AdAway, CPU Spy Plus, TubeMate, Hide It Pro, Pics Art, Paper Artist

WIDGETS
    AccuWeather Widget, Analog Clock Widget, Digital Clock Widget, Dual Clock Widget, Favorites Widget, Yahoo News Widget, Yahoo Stock Widget

VOLUME BOOSTING HACK, BOOT SOUND OPTIONS
    Volume Boost Hack Option: Yes - To Add The Volume Boosting Hack, No - To Leave The Sound Volume On Stock.
    Darthstalker Boot Sound Option: Yes - To Add The Bootanimation Sound, No - Have No Bootanimation Sound.

KERNELS FOR ALL CARRIERS
    T-Mobile (USA): Stock Kernel
    ATT: Stock Kernel
    T-Mobile (Canada): Stock Kernel

KNOWN ISSUES

- None So Far...

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

I Recommend TWRP Recovery/You Can Also Use CWM Recovery. [Make Sure You Have The Latest Recovery Version!]

...ALWAYS USE THE "FULL WIPE" METHOD IN THE AROMA INSTALLER WHILE FLASHING THE ROM/UPDATES...

* First Thing To Do... Do A Nandroid Backup!
    * Download STOCKORAMA Rom.
    * Place The Rom Into Your SD Card Or Internal Storage.
    * Now Reboot Into Recovery.
    * While In Recovery, Wipe "Data/Factory Reset".
    * Wipe "Cache" And "Dalvik Cache".
    * And Then Wipe "System".
    * Install Rom To Go Into The Rom's Aroma Installer.
    * Choose The "Full Wipe" Method.
    * Choose Any Of The Apps You Want.
    * Now Install The Rom Until Its Finished.
    * The Aroma Installer Will Then Reboot Your Device.
    * Once Rebooted And In The Setup Wizard, DO NOT Touch For 5 Minutes!
    * After 5 Minutes, Reboot The Phone... DONE!
    * Now Enjoy STOCKORAMA!

CHANGELOG

★ 5.15.2013
    - INITIAL RELEASE VERSION 1

★ 5.19.2013
    - Implemented A Lot Of S3 Stock Camera App Mods Such As Camera "Unable To Start While In A Call" Alert Disabled, Camera "Low Battery" Alert Disabled, Camera "Can't Use Flash On Low Battery" Alert Disabled, Camera Power And Volume Keys As A Shutter, Camera "Action Shot" Shooting Mode Volume Keys As A Shutter, Camera "Panorama" Shooting Mode Volume Keys As A Shutter, Camera "Timer" Shooting Mode Volume Keys As A Shutter, Camcorder "Unable To Record While In A Call" Alert Disabled, Camcorder "Can't Use Flash On Low Battery" Alert Disabled, Camcorder "Low Battery" Alert Disabled, And Camcorder Volume And Power Keys As A Shutter Mods!
    - Implemented The EdgeZoom Toggle Mod! Now You Have The Option To Turn On/Off The Email And Browser Zooming Function That Happens When Your Swiping The Side Of Your Screen! [It's In Settings-Display, Also Make Sure To Exit Out The Email Client Or Browser In The Multitasking Tray After Using The Toggle For The Mod To Take Affect.]
    - Implemented A Bunch Of Stock Messaging App Mods Such As Screen On/Off Toggle, Group Messaging, Save/Restore, Scheduled Messaging, Unlimited Recipient Limit, Disable The SMS To MMS Auto-Conversion, And The Increase SMS Limit Per Hour Mods!
    - Implemented The All Apps Multi-Window Mod! Now You Can Open Any App You Want From Multi-Window!
    - Added Resizable Popup Browser Which You Can Toggle The Header Form To Normal, Large, And Also Hide!
    - Added The Latest Google Play Music For Both Inverted And Non Inverted Apps In Aroma!
    - Removed Google Talk And Added Google Hangouts! [It Replaces Google Talk.]
    - Added Bootanimation Support Into The Stock T-Mobile Kernel!
    - Now Comes With The Samsung Logo Bootanimation!
    - Fixed The Inverted Google Now From Not Working!
    - Added The Google Play Store 4.1.6 Inverted App!
    - Fixed The LMT Launcher Force Close Issue!
    - Fixed The Pics Art Cannot Open Problem!
    - Updated The Google Play Services!

CREDITS AND SPECIAL THANKS

Wanam/Lidroid
    theos0o
    jobnik
    timmetal6669
    Kryten2k35
    Samsung
    T-Mobile
    Google

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW AND TIPS

- Don't Ask For ETA On Updates

- I Most Likely May Not Be Updating Every Week

- If You Like The Rom, Make Sure To Thank My OP Section And Also Leave 5 Star Ratings!

- As The Developer Of This Rom, I Want My Roms To Be "EXCLUSIVELY" For T999 Which Means There Will Be No Porting Unless I Port It Myself To Other Phones/Carriers Or Once I Add Multi-Carrier Support Into Them.

- For Best Results, Instead Of Waiting 5 Minutes After First Boot, Wait For 10 Minutes Instead For Everything To Load Such As Pics/Music/Videos And All The Files/Tweaks [Especially If You Have A Lot Of Pics/Music/Videos].

- To Zoom In/Out With The Stock S3 Camera App, Just Pinch To Zoom On The Screen With Two Fingers.

- To Do Screenshots You Have To Hold The Power+Home Button At The Sametime For 3 Seconds.

- Feel Free To Contribute To Me If You Like, There Is A "Donate To Me" Button Under My Avatar.

- Remember To Not Kang My Work! If You Want To Use Something Just Let Me Know By Sending Me A Private Message!

- There Will Be Limited Support. Sometimes I Can Answer Your Questions But Then There Will Be Times That I Can't. There Will Also Be Times I Don't Have An Answer So Please Don't Repeat Your Question Or Feel Offended Because I Haven't Answered You. If Any Other Users Have The Time, Please Help The Other Users Out With Answers To Their Questions Upon Replying To Their Post. I Would Really Appreciate That.

LATEST SCREENSHOTS
    hIRqiRM.png
    Cw9zf5A.png

nI0Brzk.png
    3DYr3eZ.png

pjU6NsG.png

LATEST DOWNLOAD LINK
    STOCKORAMA VERSION 2 - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22964708692722044
    VERSION 2 MD5 Checksum - 25f73472b832890e9de17bc000936053

OLDER BUILDS

STOCKORAMA VERSION 1 - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22946563261204294
    VERSION 1 MD5 Checksum - 50946777f776cc32230fc0ca1484d9a9
    Stockorama Version 3 is in the WORKS! :good:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Once i start working on Stockorama Version 3 its going to be one hell of a nice update! There are a few things i have to fix on this rom before i start working on my other roms, but once i get the update out i will start working on Darthstalker Version X3 and then i have to update Xtremeperia Z lastly since its the only rom with CDMA multi-carrier support which is going to be much more harder work.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    PREMIUM SUITE UPGRADE FEATURES

HAVING GPS ISSUES?
    If Your Having GPS Problems Even After You Have Cleared Your Map Data, After Re-Flashing The Rom, Or Tried Any Other GPS Related Fixes That Still Didn't Work... Then Try This Method.

* Dial *#197328640# On Your Device To Head To The Hidden Service Mode.
    * Now Navigate To Mainmenu>UMTS>Common>NV REBUILD>NV REBUILD>Finish
    * After Your Done With The Above Part, Don't Exit The Menu... Wait 30 Seconds.
    * Now Long Press The Device Power Button And Then Restart Your Device. DONE!
    * Check Now To See If This Method Has Fixed Your GPS Issues!
    Surprise SURPRISE!... I give you all STOCKORAMA VERSION 2!