Can no longer connect via ADB

Search This thread
Nov 19, 2010
I had it all set up correctly and it worked fine both by USB and TCPIP. At some point in the last day or two this stopped working. I've done a complete reinstall of the SDK on my desktop and followed the instructions here https://devs.ouya.tv/developers/docs/setup

When I do adb devices I just get nothing. adb connect xx.xx.xx.xx gives nothing as well.

When I try to run adb from a terminal emulator on the unit I can start or stop the server but any other adb command results in a 'device not found' message. This message is preceded by some two or three digit word but since my TV crops the image I cannot tell what it says. so it is something like '##r: device not found'

Does anyone have any idea on what I need to do to get ADB working again?

Last edited:

TadeoNYC

May 9, 2013
New York
Look in your system settings and make sure the ouya is still being recognized. I haven't used adb since the recent updates, but perhaps something changed causing your computer to no longer see it or caused the drivers to fail.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 19, 2010
Look in your system settings and make sure the ouya is still being recognized. I haven't used adb since the recent updates, but perhaps something changed causing your computer to no longer see it or caused the drivers to fail.

There aren't any drivers involved here yet. Nothing happens at all when I plug the system in. No devices are detected, correctly or otherwise.

I'm starting to think the micro usb port is just physically broken. I've tried multiple cables, restarting. Connecting other android devices to my desktop which work fine.

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
could be the port. I have a heck of a time plugging mine in sometimes. it's like the hole in the casing is just a bit bigger than the actual plug, and I have to fumble around for it. I mostly leave the microusb connected all the time now.

TadeoNYC

May 9, 2013
New York
Oh!lol.

That happened to me as well. The micro usb port is deeper than normal. My Samsung plugs did not work,I was able to use one from my Kodak pocket video cam.

Nov 19, 2010
Ok, so I'm trying to just adb tcpip working now to bypass the usb issue. I installed an SSH server and I'm getting this

u0_a75@android:/ $ adb kill-server
u0_a75@android:/ $ adb tcpip 5555
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5038 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found
1|u0_a75@android:/ $

27scoob

May 24, 2010
Found this

setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555
stop adbd
start adbd

no luck, still can't connect.

If you have wireless adb enabled the way to control it so it does not shut down the micro usb port debugging , find the wireless adb .Apk here on xda in the nook color general section and install it then you will beable to open the app and toggle it back and forth to get micro usb debugging back.

Broomfundel

May 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
My Ouya has done the same thing. Its not hardware but factory reset does not seem to do anything. I have tried several cables , 2 pcs and its the same story all across. MTP connection works fine. ADB , the Ouya thinks its in ADB but nothing is recognized by the pc. Not failed driver install. As soon as you turn debugging on, the Ouya effectively vanishes from the pc.

Alas I did not get as far as putting a file manager on so can not side load anything. Without ADB as well. Well i'm screwed. Not keen on trying to send it back as already got hit for an extra £16.64 by customs, and with the launch the teams are going to be swamped.

I'm convinced its a file permission issue of some sort. But no CWM, ADB , File Manager or Recovery that I have manged to find yet. Well for now at least im stumpped.

Any ideas?

tcollum

Feb 10, 2011
My Ouya has done the same thing. Its not hardware but factory reset does not seem to do anything. I have tried several cables , 2 pcs and its the same story all across. MTP connection works fine. ADB , the Ouya thinks its in ADB but nothing is recognized by the pc. Not failed driver install. As soon as you turn debugging on, the Ouya effectively vanishes from the pc.

Alas I did not get as far as putting a file manager on so can not side load anything. Without ADB as well. Well i'm screwed. Not keen on trying to send it back as already got hit for an extra £16.64 by customs, and with the launch the teams are going to be swamped.

I'm convinced its a file permission issue of some sort. But no CWM, ADB , File Manager or Recovery that I have manged to find yet. Well for now at least im stumpped.

Any ideas?

Did you set up adb over wireless?

Broomfundel

May 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Did you set up adb over wireless?

I had done but. But it stopped working some time after, and I have not managed to get it going since. Would it stop wired at the same time? Even so would it not have been reset by the factory reset?

Either way, Ill set it with an ethernet cable and see if the flaky wifi was why adb over wifi did not work.

I'm sure a workable solution will turn up. Just disappointed.

Ill report back.

Thanks

Update: Thanks for your help. I tried over wifi and no joy. But ethernet is working. So just got to sort out the flakey wifi now.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

TadeoNYC

May 9, 2013
New York
Some people report having better luck connecting Wi-Fi with the native android settings found in the manage area.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

HaYNigloo

Sep 29, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
For anyone who committed to wireless ADB method, and currently stuck without ADB access or su priveledge, the Play Store has a wireless ADB app called "ADB Wireless (no-root)" by Sherdle. Sideload this puppy and you'll be able to toggle the wireless/wired ADB connection!

TadeoNYC

May 9, 2013
New York
For anyone who committed to wireless ADB method, and currently stuck without ADB access or su priveledge, the Play Store has a wireless ADB app called "ADB Wireless (no-root)" by Sherdle. Sideload this puppy and you'll be able to toggle the wireless/wired ADB connection!

It's also available through the f-droid app.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta