Anyone tested Netflix on 10.5?

Search This thread

nuclearmeltdown2046

Oct 10, 2012
Netflix runs great on mine. Depending on your connection. If I use my phone for connection and in Sprint spark territory I receive HD content. Same for home network.

Reactions: Peter234

xRevilatioNx

Jul 15, 2012
The Netflix and youtube apps have been optimized by Samsung for this device. They look spectacular. It's third party video apps that suffer with extreme Pixelation and ghosting in dark scenes. Such as Crackle, Cable Provider Apps and other streaming services.

erasat

Oct 2, 2010
Mine doesn't even let me activate it, I mean, I'm just entering the app for the first time, when I enter my Email and password is telling me that the device can't be activated, I called Netflix and the only thing they told me was to uninstall it and reinstall it and when I told them that this one came pre-installed that I can't uninstall it just turn it off, he didn't even know what to tell me.

They are telling me to contact Samsung, so go figure...

litesout

Jan 17, 2011
Orlando FL
Mine doesn't even let me activate it, I mean, I'm just entering the app for the first time, when I enter my Email and password is telling me that the device can't be activated, I called Netflix and the only thing they told me was to uninstall it and reinstall it and when I told them that this one came pre-installed that I can't uninstall it just turn it off, he didn't even know what to tell me.

They are telling me to contact Samsung, so go figure...

I'm getting the same error. Tried clearing the data and signing in again, but now it won't even let , me get that far. Just getting the device cannot be activated error.

erasat

Oct 2, 2010
I'm getting the same error. Tried clearing the data and signing in again, but now it won't even let , me get that far. Just getting the device cannot be activated error.

Please call Netflix and/or Samsung so they know that this isn't an isolated problem and worth together to fix it.

I called Samsung and basically told me to reset to factory, I asked them if they guarantee me that doing that will fix my issue and they couldn't, so I told them that I wasn't in the mood of just wasting hours that took me to set this today just to see if that fixes it and if at least they have a reliable backup solution where I could simply reset and restore I'd do it, but not with the joke they call Kies, and that I have had all their Galaxies s, both Gears and now the Tab S, so I do like them but must admit that their backup solution is a joke and is a shame that they seem to not care about do something at least like LG has.

I called back Netflix and this time they were asking and escalating the call and in waiting for a call back.

Just for curiosity and trying to cover all the bases, are you on the Continental US? I live in Puerto Rico and I'm just wondering if this could be some Region issue.

Last edited:

erasat

Oct 2, 2010
Just to let you know that after trying all day at the office where I'm the System Manager so I have full online access as usual with all my previous and actual android devices, and after talking to Samsung and Netflix guys I just cane home and guess what, I could activate Netflix without a hiccup, so what can be different with this Netflix app on this Tablet that is the first device that I couldn't activate the Netflix app but everything else was working perfectly, even more, I used the OEM browser and Chrome and went to Netflix and login from there and saw everything perfectly, so the proviene was always the Netflix App.

Let me wait for Netflix call as they haven't call yet and see what they think after I explain this to them.

robertc88

Jan 27, 2012
Netflix worked for me right from the get go and it was one of the first things I tried when I got my 8.4".

The picture looks great, I'm not even sure what the highest resolution one can stream using Netflix.

litesout

Jan 17, 2011
Orlando FL
I was able to get it working as well. I went into the application manager and uninstalled the update. Then, let it reupdate from the Google Play store and it worked fine.

erasat

Oct 2, 2010
I was able to get it working as well. I went into the application manager and uninstalled the update. Then, let it reupdate from the Google Play store and it worked fine.

They never called me yesterday, but after trying at home and worked I'm sure they just re-adjusted something on their end, that's the only explanation why suddenly it worked after not working for a full day, I'm assuming that they just changed something and let me try it again by myself instead of call me, that can explain why yours is working now also. I did what you are mentioning here about 5 times and nothing worked before, so if now is working then maybe something was changed after my couple of calls.

everlast716

Mar 24, 2011
Netflix worked for me right from the get go and it was one of the first things I tried when I got my 8.4".

The picture looks great, I'm not even sure what the highest resolution one can stream using Netflix.
Netflix streams 4k video now, breaking bad, and ghostbusters I know for sure are 4k. I don't know if it will convert or look better though on the Samsung tab S? Let me know if you notice any difference?

30Seconds

Jul 25, 2012
I picked up the 8.4 S yesterday and I think it's clear that this is the best device for Netflix I have ever used. I checked out both the 8.4 and the 10.5 at the dealer and felt that the 8.4 was superior due to the pixel density giving it a sharper look.

To some extent I didn't feel the 10.5 was any better than the Note 10.1 2014 and I have always felt that video was a bit blurry on the larger screens. The display density on the 8.4 is just perfect and Netflix and Youtube are impressive.

Peter234

Jul 28, 2010
I got the 10.5. 32Gb. Love it. No problem seeing up Netflix. When I started the the stock Netflix app it requested an update. After that it run smoothly.

Sent from my SM-T800 using XDA Free mobile app

AVF Jay

Apr 27, 2013
I noticed some of you said that Netflix was already installed. For some reason mine wasn't.

I wonder why?

As I thought there was an exclusive Netflix app for the tab s. If I download Netflix from play store is it the same app?

Also for those that have the Netflix app pre installed is it not deletable then?

geeeoner

Jul 6, 2014
Got my galaxy tab s in the UK with no previous installed Netflix. Downloaded the app from Google play and it just hangs on the signing in page. Very frustrating.

TimC149

Aug 9, 2011
Got my galaxy tab s in the UK with no previous installed Netflix. Downloaded the app from Google play and it just hangs on the signing in page. Very frustrating.

Got my Tab s 4G from 3 UK and all works perfectly so far, even got he on Netflix compared to my partners tab 2.

Sent from my SM-T805 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Netflix and youtube apps have been optimized by Samsung for this device. They look spectacular. It's third party video apps that suffer with extreme Pixelation and ghosting in dark scenes. Such as Crackle, Cable Provider Apps and other streaming services.
    Netflix runs great on mine. Depending on your connection. If I use my phone for connection and in Sprint spark territory I receive HD content. Same for home network.
    Yes Netflix is gorgeous on the 10.5. Give it about 30 seconds or so for the HD movie to buffer and it looks incredible.