[Q] /system/ rewriting itself

Search This thread

steve-sydney

Mar 26, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have an HTC One XL telstra mobile and spent 5 hours yesterday unlocking the boot loader, installing CWM and getting root.
Ive verified I have root with an app called root checker basic. Yes I know 5 hours seems excessive so I havent mentioned the entire day spent finding documentation to do it. :(

So now I'm trying to copy an apk to the /system/app/ folder which has permission 755. Attempt 1 just doesnt do anything attempt 2 reboots the phone. I have changed the permission to 777 same result.
I have copied the apk to /system/ which is also 755 and it goes in. But when I reboot its gone.

The question is could something be protecting the directory and rewriting it on each boot?

Steve

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Hi everyone,

I have an HTC One XL telstra mobile and spent 5 hours yesterday unlocking the boot loader, installing CWM and getting root.
Ive verified I have root with an app called root checker basic. Yes I know 5 hours seems excessive so I havent mentioned the entire day spent finding documentation to do it. :(

So now I'm trying to copy an apk to the /system/app/ folder which has permission 755. Attempt 1 just doesnt do anything attempt 2 reboots the phone. I have changed the permission to 777 same result.
I have copied the apk to /system/ which is also 755 and it goes in. But when I reboot its gone.

The question is could something be protecting the directory and rewriting it on each boot?

Steve

There is a write protection on the system partition within hboot 2.14 and up. Some roms have a built in script that mounts it writable it can also be bypassed within twrp.

Reactions: steve-sydney

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

Steve

There is a write protection on the system partition within hboot 2.14 and up. Some roms have a built in script that mounts it writable it can also be bypassed within twrp.