How to take kitkat OTA update if rooted with MK2.YOU WILL LOSE ROOT.

Search This thread

Domvillan

Jan 16, 2011
If you are on mk2 and want kitkat you know all about the OTA update fails with error 402. Below is a guide I threw together to walk you thru the process that worked for me.

******BEWARE YOU WILL LOSE ROOT*****

1. Unroot using SuperSU.
2. Use Kies to update/restore firmware on your PC. (KIES gives an option to back up your data if you want to do that you can)
3. Once rebooted search for system update.(restore data from backup if you backed up your data)
4. Download and install the update. I did the whole process using only data no WiFi (not sure if it makes a difference but that's what I did).
5. Once your phone reboots you will be greeted by a lovely red Verizon splash screen.

Hope this helps you and others!

Sent from my Hp Touchpad Android 4.4.2 using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

avisioncame

Oct 31, 2012
If you are on mk2 and want kitkat you know all about the OTA update fails with error 402. Below is a guide I threw together to walk you thru the process that worked for me.

******BEWARE YOU WILL LOSE ROOT*****

1. Unroot using SuperSU.
2. Use Kies to update/restore firmware on your PC. (KIES gives an option to back up your data if you want to do that you can)
3. Once rebooted search for system update.(restore data from backup if you backed up your data)
4. Download and install the update. I did the whole process using only data no WiFi (not sure if it makes a difference but that's what I did).
5. Once your phone reboots you will be greeted by a lovely red Verizon splash screen.

Hope this helps you and others!

Sent from my Hp Touchpad Android 4.4.2 using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Been looking for a solution, because Verizon update keeps giving me an error.

I will try when I get home to my holy Samsung USB cable, don't have one here at work.

will update when I know if it works. Thanks!

Anyone else try this? I am just rooted, no roms or anything on MK2