ViperMax 2.0.0 | Android 4.4 | Sense 5.5 | VZW/SPC Support (5/1/2014)

Search This thread

Basil3

Inactive Recognized Themer
Apr 4, 2008
Dublin
Hi guys,

I've started porting a theme across from ViperOne. It's still not complete, but I'll need some feedback from you guys to see what else needs to be done. This theme is only for Verizon users at the moment, but can make it compatible with others eventually. Hopefully it boots without problems, but have a nandroid handy just in case!

QJPi3O8.png

DOWNLOAD HERE

I'll put it into it's own thread, or in a Viper Theme thread when it's ready.

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Thanks a lot, been praying for a viperRom for a while now...LOVE IT

Your late Christmas present. Lol.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

ROM looks amazing! not for me though, got the international!

Don't worry it will b out soon enough. But for now u could go run the Dragon slayer Rom. Lol.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Hi guys,

I've started porting a theme across from ViperOne. It's still not complete, but I'll need some feedback from you guys to see what else needs to be done. This theme is only for Verizon users at the moment, but can make it compatible with others eventually. Hopefully it boots without problems, but have a nandroid handy just in case!

QJPi3O8.png

DOWNLOAD HERE

I'll put it into it's own thread, or in a Viper Theme thread when it's ready.

Thanks basil3. U the man.

Reactions: Vinchenzop

anthony123

Mar 3, 2008
Birmingham
Hey guys what about the international version I was the one tweeting you for viper Max in the first place

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Vinchenzop

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
Hey guys what about the international version I was the one tweeting you for viper Max in the first place

I made vipermax because I have this phone, not because of a tweet. If I keep getting international users clogging up this thread asking for a rom/eta/etc I will refuse to ever make an international rom.

anthony123

Mar 3, 2008
Birmingham
It wasn't a tweet it was an idea suggested to the team sometime ago SORRY (you took it so stressful).

Last edited:

typeriz

Dec 10, 2007
The power flip case doesn't work with this Rom.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

aerichards1977

Mar 12, 2011
OnePlus 10 Pro
I purchased a viper silver member before and if I install it, I cannot get into tweaks. If I uninstall it, I can get back in. Thx

Vinchenzop

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
The power flip case doesn't work with this Rom.

It does work, because i have one, it just doesn't change the battery icon

I purchased a viper silver member before and if I install it, I cannot get into tweaks. If I uninstall it, I can get back in. Thx

Like Turge said above, keys are non-transferable from device to device.

Reactions: typeriz

milesje

Jun 8, 2010
Texas
If you install the Apex launcher instead of the HTC launcher during the Aroma installer Apex continually FCs. Once I installed it via the Playstore everything was good, but the one installed via the Aroma installer does not appear to work.

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
If you install the Apex launcher instead of the HTC launcher during the Aroma installer Apex continually FCs. Once I installed it via the Playstore everything was good, but the one installed via the Aroma installer does not appear to work.

Good find bro. We tested the Rom extensively. But I never use apex or nova. So Ya. Good find.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KimUyLong

Mar 16, 2009
One stupid question.
If i buy an One max Verizon Global. My phone will be the international-can't using Viper Max yet or I can using venom max with Global sim !? Because i will going to buy an International One max today but this thread make me thinking. So exciting to see ViperMax available. That my Dream :D

jimlightner

Sep 19, 2010
youngstown
Congratulations vin and the viper team. Who just took over the max thread, O Ya vinchenzop did. ...

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    downloads.png

Full ROMs:

ViperMax 2.0.0 Verizon Version

MD5: 50730f01b19777d2e3b3cbdf1501c38f

ViperMax 2.0.0 Sprint Version

MD5: 788a62cf4b409806f0ed037a7e9e282e

Old ROMs:

ViperMax 1.0.1 Verizon Version

MD5: 3a5ffeb7350e94d618e6b58f74ee7cf1

ViperMax 1.0.1 Sprint Version

MD5: 10ee398c3cd79ef58c811bb114ee56ad

ViperMax 1.0.0 Verizon Version

MD5: 01a351f149deb877c9762b3410e66e52

ViperMax 1.0.0 Sprint Version

MD5: 82a7ad09d820d6e8a290f00a1d285ef2

changelog.png
    ViperMax 2.0.0
    • Rebased on Latest KitKat official updates
    • Lots of new tweaks, based on ViperOne 5.8's tweak list (too many to list)

ViperMax 1.0.1
    • Fixed Venom ProKeys from market (Verizon/Sprint)
    • Added Mail.apk (Sprint Only)
    • Added @mystery_tx_man 's hotspot fix (full roms only)

ViperMax 1.0.0
    • Initial Release

What I expect to be the final beta was released to testers this morning. Light fine tuning is the last part after that before release. This message is for all carriers
    Just wondering....why doesn't nusense have awesome tweaks like viper?

"VZW" OneMAX? Viper ROM
    Retired: Droid Incredible 2, Samsung Galaxy Note, Note 2, Note 3.

I'm sure that nusense has a few things that this ROM doesn't have, like sense 6 for instance. I appreciate your passion for this ROM, but please remember that xda is not a competition ground. Each dev or dev-team brings different choices to the table and it's for users to decide what they want on their phone. Comparing roms and/or teams based on "who is better" (and that would only be your opinion anyway) only creates animosity and a hostile community.

If your question was meant to be taken literally, and not in a, "why is viperMax better" intention, then I'll answer it that way too. We (team venom) have a strong no-sharing policy in regards to our tweaks/mods. This wasn't always the case, but without going into details, we once shared a few things, and then quickly got completely kanged (our entire roms were used without permission). It took us countless hours of working with the xda brass to get these kangs under control and removed, and it lead to new site-wide policies being created, specifically the admission of "no selective sharing of work" (a dev can't grant one dev permission to use their work, and deny another).

We are aware that our strict no-sharing policy kinda goes against the general open-source principals of Android, but unfortunately, the behaviour of others pushed us into that corner. Many of us still will go out of our way to assist other devs if they're in need of help, but we refuse to give permissions for non-venom devs to use our work. In my opinion, if we were to share our code with every dev that asked, it wouldn't help the community, as it would only lead to 3+ other roms that are exactly the same as ours (where's the point/benefit in that?).