[ADDON] CM7 Dewonkificator [v1.4 03/17/11]

Search This thread

uberingram

Mar 25, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Pleased as punch. Will report back after a few days. I've been flipping between nightlies and 6.1.1 out of frustration and nerdiness.

martinl1030

Jun 18, 2010
weird i downloaded the apk in my browser but it refused to open when i tried to install it from the download folder. Had to go through astro and it installed without a hitch hopefully this will cure my wonk.

dopedope

Jan 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you very much!! Installed for couple of hours, works like a charm! Great Work!!! Can Cyanogen get this plugin for the next nightly release?

bu2askoor

Feb 8, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Guys,
I updated to CM7 to face the issue of people not hearing me when i call or receive a call. Even my voice cannot be heard when using an app like voice recorder. I restored to CM6 and faced same issue?! The only way to fix this is to plug a handsfree headphone and unplugging it. Then my mic works fine in voice recorder and in calls.

Is this a hardware issue or a software one? Did anyone face same issue in CM6?

Thanks

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Guys,
I updated to CM7 to face the issue of people not hearing me when i call or receive a call. Even my voice cannot be heard when using an app like voice recorder. I restored to CM6 and faced same issue?! The only way to fix this is to plug a handsfree headphone and unplugging it. Then my mic works fine in voice recorder and in calls.

Is this a hardware issue or a software one? Did anyone face same issue in CM6?

Thanks

This is a question to ask in CM7 thread not here. Anyhow its a software problem that might be in the kernel. Use Dewonkficator as a temp till solution is found.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

JesseK

Apr 14, 2008
This thread NEEDS to be bumped.

Wow, amazing.

I was getting so fed up with the nightlies, and my inability to use my phone as a ... phone.

It recently started bogging down and being unable to unlock. So far, this so good.

markouk

Mar 30, 2010
This app has saved CM7 Nightlies!! It was driving me mad when I tried to call out or received a call. I was having to call my voicemail first before making a call.
I also had a problem waking the phone with the trackball or even the power button.

Dewonkified and Happy!

JesseK

Apr 14, 2008
This app has saved CM7 Nightlies!! It was driving me mad when I tried to call out or received a call. I was having to call my voicemail first before making a call.
I also had a problem waking the phone with the trackball or even the power button.

Dewonkified and Happy!
Same here, to all of that!

Echoztrip

Aug 9, 2010
I almost flashed away from a CM7 until I saw this. Tested it this morning and successfully answered a phone call! (unlike yesterday morning when I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me!)

Thanks a lot!

markhm1978

Jan 31, 2011
Parkville

Dewonkified and Happy!

Preach it Brotha! :D
Would still be running CM6 if it wasn't for this jewel.

qvert

Oct 10, 2008
do we still need this at the nightlys? or is it fixxed? or maybe if there is no "fix" can't this app be implemented in cm build?

morfy50

Apr 16, 2010
Installed RC1 and was immediately bitten by the wonks.

Dewonkificator saved the day. Works beautifully. Thanks!!

mjukis

Jul 6, 2010
I have had big problems with the wonks and couldn't get this defonkificator to work either. After I lost my last hair trying to figure out what I did wrong. To make it work I can't have the app installed on the sdcard. Is this expected behaviour?

celloin

Sep 19, 2009
It's wired. Yesterday I removed rom manager premium key from my N1 and the problem seemed to be solved. Anyone else here can verify this for me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, I have written an app to attempt and stop call wonkyness on CM7 builds. Specifically the phone locking up when making and receiving calls.

It's my observation that it's the mic that causes the phone to lock up and so this app opens and closes the mic every minute to keep it "fresh". It's a long shot, but I can't seem to duplicate wonkyness with it enabled so I'm posting it for other to try.

Now after a few positive comments to help boost my confidence in the app, I've made it's own thread to make it easy to track comments.

Just install and run (or just reboot as it auto-start on boot). To disable, uninstall it.

Please post your results!

Change Log:
    Version 1.4
    • Made service more persistent by adding notification bar. Turns out, Android was killing off the service when memory was running low causing wonk to surface.

Version 1.3
    • Can only be installed on internal memory. Needed to make sure the service can started up on boot. (Thanks to mjukis for pointing this out)

Version 1.2
    • Only dewonkificates when screen is off to avoid conflicts with any apps you may be using.
    • Removed debug logging
    OP updated with 1.2 (Only dewonkificates when screen is off to avoid conflicts with any apps you may be using.)
    QUOTE=tolemac;11140837]I don't know what it's the real problem, what is the cause of this problem?
    The first thing that I thought when I saw the code were to handle the incomming call intent, but I don't understand why you are using this interval (1 minute)

Every way, I get this error each minute in my nexus one. Extracted with ddms:

Code:
    02-05 06:28:00.990: ERROR/MediaRecorder(7960): stop failed: -1007
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960): recorder.stop()
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960): java.lang.RuntimeException: stop failed.
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at android.media.MediaRecorder.stop(Native Method)
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at com.mb.dewonkificator.DewonkificatorBroadcastReceiver.onReceive(DewonkificatorBroadcastReceiver.java:45)
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args.run(LoadedApk.java:709)
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3809)
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:839)
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:597)
    02-05 06:28:01.000: ERROR/Dewonkificator(7960):     at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

thanks,[/QUOTE]

You're make an assumption that the code fixes the wonk, when, in fact, its actually preventing it. Wonk happens when an app tries to access the mic after the phone has been sleeping. Doing it when the phone state changes would be to late. This app keeps the mic "fresh" for when it's needed by using it once a minute.

Oh, and i already removed the extra logging and updated the OP

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App
    That's great news and I'm happy that it looks like it's working for people. I was on the edge of rolling back and this was a desperate attempt to fix it. :D
    I don't see any different in battery drain. If there was any kinda drain, it's not enough to offset the good this app is doing.:D