[Q] Please help - Samsung Galaxy S2 in Boot Loop
I have a bricked Samsung Galaxy S2 and have been doing some research on how to fix this. There is a lot of info online, but I don't understand most of it as it is too technical and I need help having it translated into layman's terms!
- Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100)
- Purchased from Kogan 2 years ago (no longer under warranty)
- Appears to be Polish stock based on the packaging and manual
- I am in Australia
- Phone is stuck in boot loop, unable to get past the intro flash screen that says Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I19100.
- It keeps resetting itself and going back to flash screen infinitely. I need to remove the battery in order for it to stop doing that.
- I'm unable to get into the mode that would allow me to do a factory reset, however I am able to get into download mode.
What I think I need to do, but need help verifying:
- Download Odin onto my PC. (I think Odin is software that allows me to access the core of the phone via my PC, is this correct?)
- Download the correct version of the operating system. From what I can gather, there are different versions depending upon which network you are with. Because my phone is unlocked, I need to get an unlocked version but I'm not sure whether I should get one designed for Australia or for Poland (or whether it matters)?
- Connect PC and phone via USB cable
- Turn on Odin
- Somehow use Odin to reinstall O/S on my phone
- Are the steps above correct or am I missing something?
- Does it matter which version of Odin I install or can I just do a google search for Odin downloads?
- Where do I find the file I need to reinstall the O/S?
- Where can I find instructions on how to use Odin once I have the correct file to install?
Please help. Hopefully if I can document the instructions in a really simple way in this thread, it might help other technology illiterate people like me in the future.