ACTUAL 4.4.4 GPE/AOSP ROMS for SAFESRAP 4.4.2 NC2/NC5+ 4.3MK2&more!

Search This thread

domenci

Sep 14, 2011
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
Moto X
yes but their exclusive to my sdcard lol soon friend i just put out my phoenix 10 port so ive got 1 less thing to focus on. PSOA variants are next.
Noice, sounds like something worth waiting for! I have too much going on in my life to use betas at the moment but I'm looking forward to an even more AOSP-like experience than Eclipse once it's a bit more sussed out.

Also, checked out that Phoenix rom, that's quite the undertaking! Cheers

Last edited:
For kicks, I tried getting Illusion and SlimROM to work on my current AT&T setup with the latest SafeStrap but couldn't get past the boot screen. Wish I would have known these existed or I wouldn't have upgraded my base! All of the GPE ports worked though.

Keep up the good work..I refuse to use Touchwiz anymore so always wiling to try any AOSP or GE ports/ROMS you may be working on.

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
For kicks, I tried getting Illusion and SlimROM to work on my current AT&T setup with the latest SafeStrap but couldn't get past the boot screen. Wish I would have known these existed or I wouldn't have upgraded my base! All of the GPE ports worked though.

Keep up the good work..I refuse to use Touchwiz anymore so always wiling to try any AOSP or GE ports/ROMS you may be working on.

did you try the dOPE-PSOA Line at all? or the Stock PSOA beta?

06sharpshot

Jun 5, 2014
cool so you got data/wifi/and everything working with them and did you just need to change the apns? what'd you think in comparison to the GPE ROM your sporting in your signature?

Are there any random vibrations with your ports and does all USB functions like MTP work? These are the only real issues on my current ROM and unfortunately the dev of Pure Nexus no longer has an S4 so updates are difficult.

danveB

Apr 17, 2014
I see that there's a lollipop version for echoe rom, but will it work for verizon safestrap? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW AOSP / GE ROMS Working for Safestrap 4.4.2:
    Heres the latest:as of JULY 21st 2014!
    gogolie's port of ECHOE GOOGLE PLAY EDITION V4.4.4 for VERIZON SAFESTRAP
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567717820

gogolie's Official Google Edition 4.4.4 v2 VZW_SAFESTRAP
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567717823

These ROMs contain Xposed and Gravity and Wanam Modules for Xposed these apps are not only nifty for theming or personalization and options but have been known to retrigger wifi into working if a softboot is done from them.
    both of the above ROM's should be installed on a clean slate IE Wipe FULLY 1st!
    Once wiped install via safestrap and reboot. These are still a bit buggy but hey at least I'm showing you that its possible both of these for sure have working data for VZW in 4g/lte form. If you can help or suggest or bug test and post or PM me any info on helping remove these final bugs we will have a fully working ROM in AOSP/GPE FORM FINALLY NOT JUST SILLY THEMES OVER TOUCHWIZ!!! The more donations I get reguarding specific ROMS is what I tend to spend my time developing so if this is something you'd like to see then you know what to do.

Thanks and enjoy,
    gogolie

More ROMS known to work if forced (manual settings or mods to enable data, ect))

Jamal2367's Official Google Edition 4.4.4 works for Safestrap:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2544474
    http://www.livewinater.com/mirror/get_file.php?id=30

Install the ROM then once you've booted enter the APN settings under more networks. Enter in the following for APNS:

name: Verizon
    mcc="310"
    mnc="004"
    apn="internet"
    type="default,mms,dun"
    mmsc="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms"
    protocol="IPV4V6"

name: Verizon Internet"
    mcc="310"
    mnc="004"
    apn="VZWINTERNET"
    type="default,dun,supl"
    protocol="IPV4V6"
    roaming_protocol="IPV4V6"

then be sure and save your APN. Now restart the phone. if 4g doesnt pop on then go back into settings and more networks and search for carrier. once Verizon pops up click it and it should start reading from the APN you have selected or entered. As far as I've gotten but figured you all should know. Only thing thats not working as far as I know (very little time in the ROM itself) is WiFi still. its an issue with our kernel obviously anyone with a patch or fix please let the world know. thx

There is also:
    Echoe GE V4 from my friend friedrich420 for 4.4.4
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2555569
    I had this working somewhat as well but not quite as easy to setup as ROM above.

-gogolie

AOSP ROMS WORKING FOR SAFESTRAP ANDROID v4.3- 4.2.2:
    Install through Safestrap by restoring these nandroid images. IE UNRAR this file into your TWRP backup folder AKA SafeStrap folder. This is a preview build. Give feedback if you want or just check it out to see it is possible. AOSP in Safestrap. worked for both MK2 and NC2 doesnt work for MJ7. Those of you updating and downgrading please us AP 4.3 for these ROMs. Users please take screenshots and post them in this thread for the OP :) Developers please help me fix the broken wifi.

Installing via Restore for a n00b:
    1st enter safestrap and create a backup of your current setup. Next create a backup of your setup but only choose to back up your cache. If your able to name the backup before creating it and name it similar to the ROM you'd like to try do this all with an external sd card.
    2nd Pop that SDCARD into the computer that you downloaded the ROM too. Using explorer or similar browse to your twrp/backup/numbered folder/and the folder you did the cache backup to. This folder will contain cache.ext4.win and an .md5 for that file. Unrar all contents of the .rar file for the ROM you want to install into this folder overwrite the cache file.
    3rd Put the sdcard back in the phone and in safestrap enter Restore choose the folder name of the new ROM and press restore. This should be restored to a ROM slot if you don't know what your doing avoid stock restore.

Only bug is broken Wifi all else should be fixed. Developer settings to enable unknown resources errors out and needs to be turned on via ADB the code for this would be something like:

Code:
    boolean unknownSource = false;
    if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT < 3) {
        unknownSource = Settings.System.getInt(getContentResolver(), Settings.System.INSTALL_NON_MARKET_APPS, 0) == 1;
    }
    else if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT < 17) {
        unknownSource = Settings.Secure.getInt(getContentResolver(), Settings.Secure.INSTALL_NON_MARKET_APPS, 0) == 1;
    } else {
        unknownSource = Settings.Global.getInt(getContentResolver(), Settings.Global.INSTALL_NON_MARKET_APPS, 0) == 1;
    }
    if someones able to whip up a patch for that via a zip flash that'd be awesome

4g works great. Everything else along with it works great as far as I know.
    AOSP Illusion weighs in at a whooping 100MB LOL! THE NEW SMALLEST FULL ROM THAT WORKS IN THE WORLD?!
    attachment.php

attachment.php

Or Click below for more detailed and much larger shots. Sorry not much time here boys car stolen last night dealing with all that nonsense I'll update further when I can.
    View attachment 2715185

View attachment 2715186

View attachment 2715187

View attachment 2715188
    @charliepan69 thanks much for the screenshots bro
    As promised here's a link for:
    GAPPs for 4.2.2 SlimROM
    AOSP SlimROM this one has more included like GAPPS so its a whooping 240MB HEHE
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589980
    Help me develop actual functionality for jamals rom. If not the thread should be deleted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

just because u aren't as adaptable or savy as most users for this specific development thread doesnt mean you should suddenly label yourself a developer.... lol for 1 do you have a clue what your talking about? no. can u follow directions, no. are you working on over 6 ROMS at the same time along with various other side dev projects like me? no. this is a thread meant for encouraging the development of the possibility of GE ROMS for our locked bootloader phones.... before I started this thread with early AOSP 4.22 ROMS for Safestrap it was thought to be impossible to even run these types of ROMs for our phone but you sir are the reason why I'm not jumping at the bit to fix these your ungrateful think u can suddenly do something that thousands o of us working together cant or havent done yet. its both hilarious and offensive I suggest you take your lame attitude back to the general section and with the other n00bs. or keep your comments to yourself please no one finds them helpful at least I dont.

Heres the latest:

Official Google Edition 4.4.4 works for Safestrap:

http://www.livewinter.com/mirror/get_file.php?id=30

Install the ROM then once you've booted enter the APN settings under more networks. Enter in the following for APNS:

name: Verizon
    mcc="310"
    mnc="004"
    apn="internet"
    type="default,mms,dun"
    mmsc="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms"
    protocol="IPV4V6"

name: Verizon Internet"
    mcc="310"
    mnc="004"
    apn="VZWINTERNET"
    type="default,dun,supl"
    protocol="IPV4V6"
    roaming_protocol="IPV4V6"

then be sure and save your APN. Now restart the phone. if 4g doesnt pop on then go back into settings and more networks and search for carrier. once Verizon pops up click it and it should start reading from the APN you have selected or entered. As far as I've gotten but figured you all should know. Only thing thats not working as far as I know (very little time in the ROM itself) is WiFi still. its an issue with our kernel obviously anyone with a patch or fix please let the world know. thx

-gogolie
    as promised

well this is what I came up with so far.... had everything working hopefully it works for others didn't get to test it well yet or even the file... sorry for the delay... Lost power at my house because the friends I was renting to decided to not pay last 2 months...so I'm staying at my girlfriends with just a laptop. Could use the any donations to restore power and continue development. If you like the ROM enough please consider. Thanks!

full wipe in recovery recommended b4 installing:
    Echoe GPE 4.4.4 VZW for Safestrap v1
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567717223

has superroot and modules baked in no need to flash anything else. then once in the ROM goto settings and enable LTE and pick Verizon Internet from the APNS :)
    hi everybody, i found this thread from at&t s4 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2767026 where they run a ROM based on [AOSP] Official 4.4.2 - S4 Google Edition - Final-R1.2.

So it boots on my ss 3.72 Verizon s4!! flashing rom, nc2 module.zip and supersu 1.94... interesting! @gigilie:D
    and wifi doesn't work after first reboot :S

hey just an update. im working on this and have been since your post thanks for the heads up. i dont know i would have seen it otherwise it was posted in the wrong section :) soon as i fix the wifi i'll release