Hiding the unread msgs in notification bar

Search This thread

narenderreddyn

Feb 23, 2013
Hyderabad
Hello all,

I generally use applock to lock all my messaging related apps & few others too.

But how do I hide the messages in the notification bar drop down list? Locked or unlocked, we can see a great deal of unread messages in the notification drop down list.

Any help to hide it will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Narender Reddy

Z-WolF

Apr 13, 2014
Hello all,

I generally use applock to lock all my messaging related apps & few others too.

But how do I hide the messages in the notification bar drop down list? Locked or unlocked, we can see a great deal of unread messages in the notification drop down list.

Any help to hide it will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Narender Reddy

There should be a button like this one:
Screenshot_2014-04-22-17-27-48.png

that removes everything that can be removed in the notification bar.

but if the messages keep poping up, check the app that is creating them, sometimes they have an option to lower the frequency or to disable at all the notifications.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-22-17-27-48.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,541

narenderreddyn

Feb 23, 2013
Hyderabad
There should be a button like this one:

that removes everything that can be removed in the notification bar.

but if the messages keep poping up, check the app that is creating them, sometimes they have an option to lower the frequency or to disable at all the notifications.

No, if the mobile is with you then its not a problem.
But what if you give your mobile to a friend by locking using Applock & ppl msg u in whatsapp or messaging & everything pops up in the notification drop down list. What to do then to hide them all?

narenderreddyn

Feb 23, 2013
Hyderabad
I want the notifications, its not that.
But I want it to say "XYZ has messaged you" or "XYZ has messaged you in whatsapp"
But not the content of the message for people to look, even when my apps are locked down & couldn't be opened.

& about the xposed installer, it requires root. Is there any mod or any app that hides the message content on unrooted mobiles?