[Q] is MoKee any good?

Search This thread

Rishav Sharan

Jul 2, 2014
Hi there

I will shortly be joining either the custom rom user world or bricked phone world. :silly:
I am absolutely new to the topic and would love some advice from you all.

My phone is stock ICS and I want to switch to a ROM which is very stable and fast.

Earlier i was thinking of going for PA or Cyanogen but neither seem to officially support Motorola Atrix 2. :crying:
MoKee is the only distribution which apparently has official support for my phone.

I was wondering if there is any other ROM which officially supports Atrix 2?
How good is MoKee? Would you recommend this ROM to a newbie? From what i know, Cyanogen seems to be the easiest to install.

Also, can someone list the steps to installing Mokee?
I read the content at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2305303
but for a 1st time newb all that seems very intimidating. :(

thank you
Rishav

sameerm02

Jul 24, 2013
Pune

All of new ROM's for our Atrix2 are fast and most of them are stable (depends on user ;) )

& Even though CM 11 is not official for our phone, but currently it is the most stable and all bug fixed rom for our A2
(I am not saying Mokee or other ROMs are not stable, but at this stage CM 11 has all bug fixed and I am sure Mokee & other will incorporate it soon :fingers-crossed: )

Also all ROM's have same procedure to install, so all ROM's are easy to install :p (Thanks to BMM)

You can follow steps in that link or check this video tutorial for using BMM

"Axxiom Kat" also has official support to our device.

It doesn't matters (at least for this device) whether the ROM has official support or not, our device has a team of some Recognized Contributors and A2EPT (Atrix 2 edison porting team) which keep the ROM up to date as like it is an official ROM :victory:

So dont worry flash any ROM you want :highfive:

Last edited:

Rishav Sharan

Jul 2, 2014
All of new ROM's for our Atrix2 are fast and most of them are stable (depends on user ;) )

& Even though CM 11 is not official for our phone, but currently it is the most stable and all bug fixed rom for our A2
(I am not saying Mokee or other ROMs are not stable, but at this stage CM 11 has all bug fixed and I am sure Mokee & other will incorporate it soon :fingers-crossed: )

Also all ROM's have same procedure to install, so all ROM's are easy to install :p (Thanks to BMM)

It doesn't matters (at least for this device) whether the ROM has official support or not, our device has a team of some Recognized Contributors and A2EPT (Atrix 2 edison porting team) which keep the ROM up to date as like it is an official ROM :victory:

Thanks Sameer!
Guess CM11 is the best bet for me.
Btw, what is the kernel update?
Would you recommend me to go for a custom kernel now? or is it something i should attempt only when i have the hang of modding?

sameerm02

Jul 24, 2013
Pune
Thanks Sameer!
Would you recommend me to go for a custom kernel now? or is it something i should attempt only when i have the hang of modding?

All rom's have inbuilt custom kernel (kexec kernel), if you wanna try overclocking your device you can use JBX kernel

JBX can be flashed after ROM installtion.

But for a newbie like you dont flash it yet, first try some ROM's; when you get used to it then try JBX.

And if this helps you, dont say thanks press Thanks button below the post !!

And we have separate Q&A section for question and answers
Please dont post questions here in general section

Last edited:

jdog1989

Aug 23, 2014
Slimkat worked best for me as far as battery life, but cm11 was best overall

atrix 2 cm11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks Sameer!

All rom's have inbuilt custom kernel (kexec kernel), if you wanna try overclocking your device you can use JBX kernel

JBX can be flashed after ROM installtion.

But for a newbie like you dont flash it yet, first try some ROM's; when you get used to it then try JBX.

And if this helps you, dont say thanks press Thanks button below the post !!

And we have separate Q&A section for question and answers
    Please dont post questions here in general section