[prj][Android 2.2 Froyo][CyanogenMod-6 Ports][26-10-2010][NEW INSTALLER]

Search This thread

helicopter88

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2009
after few tests.. myn's warmdonut is almost usable.. cm6rc2 is far from stable.. desktop seems to be responsive and menu loads fast but after sending sms i was trying to go back to desktop and it took forever.. i can make calls, send and recieve sms, 3g and wifi works like a champ. my problems - mp3 are played from speaker instead of headphones (wired headset) and i cant pair with my a2dp headset (which worked perfectlly on cm5 on my g1)
last but not least.. battery indicator is messed up. it shows 30% (winmo showed 70), after connecting charger it change immediately to "charged" and after reboot to winmo it shows 69%...

otherwise - GREAT WORK, i think when cyanogen release stable 2.2 it will be worth of work to port.

(sorry for my english..)

Headphones sometimes doesn't work and is a know bug,battery indicator is a known bug either

heobanhki

Jan 3, 2009
How to install it ?
program running in 1 minute and starts running back wm
My device is diamond
I carried :
Extract file superF-27-07-2010.tar and Haret-PaketV1.4
Copy all folder and sub in internal storage.
Copy file Haret-PaketV1.4\Startups\ Diamond-Normal\ startup.txt in internal storage.
Then run file haret.exe
True or fail
sorry for my english

Last edited:

aoryx

Jan 11, 2009
Frankfurt
OnePlus 9 Pro
Excuse this might to seem noob question what is it that i can get from android that i cant get from windows atm i got diamond i want to change it and i want to know if its better to get HD2 or native andriod phone thanks in advanced for ur inputs

Last edited:

neopeek

Oct 4, 2006
just trying
first impression, that is faster then the b4 build :D
2nd, i can't setup my account, in the setting/account, it only allow the setup the exchange, when i put the gmail detail, and get the error :confused:
3rd, why remove the market :(

thanks

As stated on my site where you downloaded I just wanted to get feedback on how the nightly build performa for all of you. Now, good to know that it runs faster for you. I experienced the same. I didn't remove market. Nightly builds just don't include the whole bunch of Google Apps and I didn't had time to make a complete package. You may extract the Google Apps you need from the previous build and mix 'em up with this build. Or you may just wait and I will release a new build with included Apps tomorrow. I will just wait til then to see what others are reporting or if there are any other serious issues / bugs.

neopeek

Oct 4, 2006
Just put Quadrant-Benchmark onto your Fat32-Partition and there into your AndroidApps-Folder and boot cm6 rc2 30-07-2010 up.

My results:

That's higher than a Nexus One! Let me know your sesults. I believe in the end CM6 will be KILLER when the Final / Stable is out...

imrock

Feb 10, 2009
First post updated with new cm6 base: nightly build 30-07-2010
the speed is superb as compared to any other android port i'hv tried, and this version runs raging thunder 2 but with a very poor frame rate, but still it manages to play while in other builds it didn't even start:):)

neopeek

Oct 4, 2006
New Installation Method [Testers needed]

Ok, I created a new installation method! It will still need an EXT2-Partition. I won't move away from EXT2.

How does the new installer work?
You will have to create an EXT2-Partition. I also started from scratch to re-ensure that everything works from scratch. After creation of EXT2-Partition you don't need to do recreate in future. So this means exactly: Go grab a GParted LiveCD if you have no Linux and that's it. For all my builds and future updates you won't need Gparted-LiveCD or Linux any more. Sounds good ???

I will upload a new package later. The contents of this package must been extracted directly to the root of your internal memory (FAT32) into npkinstall-folder. Then download any of my builds which you want. Rename it to androidinstall.tar.gz then copy it over into the npkinstall-folder and start install.exe from your Phone. That's it. The device will do the magic for you and after it has completed you can start ANDROID by running haret.exe from the root of your memory.

I run 5 tests with htis new method and everything works great. Download available later. Have to spend some time with my wife now...

tudor006

Nov 14, 2009
Wonderful!
Just let us know when.
can't wait!!!
I'm ready to test it.

Last edited:

chriscsh

Aug 13, 2007
Hong Kong
after a day of test
i have put back the google app
the nighty build --FAST :D
phone-OK
data-OK
wifi-OK
bluetooth-can't pair my headset
(not sure is that the bt problem, cause even i connect the wired headphone, the sound still come from the phone speaker, not at the headphone?)
battery drain quiet fast

Quadrant-Benchmark
my result : 501 (just behind the desire :eek:, but not fast as you :p)
keep up good work ;)

cina

Mar 8, 2008
Tószeg
Testing CM6 latest release by neopeek

is there any way for formating ext2 and extracting tar.gz to it from windows? i really dont like to reboot system on every test.. maybe some plugin for totalcommander? question for other users because as i understand the author doesnt use windows at all?

I use VMWare Workstation and connect Diamond in USB Drive mode (!no activesync!) to the guest OS (Newest Ubuntu x64). It works like a charm. Don't forget to backup your Internal Storage. :)

any development of camera ???

Tried, not working.

How to install it ?
program running in 1 minute and starts running back wm
My device is diamond
I carried :
Extract file superF-27-07-2010.tar and Haret-PaketV1.4
Copy all folder and sub in internal storage.
Copy file Haret-PaketV1.4\Startups\ Diamond-Normal\ startup.txt in internal storage.
Then run file haret.exe
True or fail
sorry for my english

Did you create ext2 on Internal storage? (See for post #1)

just trying
first impression, that is faster then the b4 build :D
2nd, i can't setup my account, in the setting/account, it only allow the setup the exchange, when i put the gmail detail, and get the error :confused:
3rd, why remove the market :(
thanks

I'll just copied every missing apk (do not overwrite existing files!) file from CM6-rc2 /system/apps to the newer release under Ubuntu and after a restart initial setup, google apps, market all worked well. (do not overwrite existing files during copy!)

Ok, I created a new installation method! It will still need an EXT2-Partition. I won't move away from EXT2.

Willing to test! Sure to download immediately if available.

Latest build is fast but drains battery quickly (4 to 5 hours or so). I'm overclocked so this could be a reason.
In a few moments I'll run Quadrant Benchmark and give my results here.
For battery issues my best get is SetCPU (Read a lot on other forums).
I bump into a lot to "Sorry - you'll have to wait" during downloads and starting up. But in a few minutes it is working o.k. (Sometimes Wait button does not respond)

Quadrant: 482.
Overclocked and Google applications installed. It might have and effect on results, dunno.

neopeek

Oct 4, 2006
First post updated with Link to new CM6-RC2-Nightly-Build. If you follow the link you will find the new "Neopeek Android Installer" and the instructions on how to use it.

skyhacker

Oct 24, 2006
Amadora
the installer works great, just tried it, it installed everything flawlessly great work, one thing though with this new build my phone is A LOT slower than it was in the previous build, I have a diamond 100 and am using the overclock startup. And I can't get the USB thethering to work

Any Ideias ?

neopeek

Oct 4, 2006
the installer works great, just tried it, it installed everything flawlessly great work, one thing though with this new build my phone is A LOT slower than it was in the previous build, I have a diamond 100 and am using the overclock startup. And I can't get the USB thethering to work

Any Ideias ?

Glad to hear that the installer works for you!

@All: Nightly Builds are Experimental Mods. You have to see things like this:

Every night on a fixed timeframe Cyanogens builds are automatically packaged and made available for download. So this automatic builds may have bugs...
Just try out another build from me. I will keep up the work. Hopefully others will report feedback on the new installer, too!

skyhacker

Oct 24, 2006
Amadora
After my last post I tried installing through ubuntu the "old fashioned way" and the phone got a lot faster, don't know if it had something to do with the installer or not, anyways I just wanted to report two things (I know this is just test but i'm reporting, not complaining) the wifi speed is very slow I tried to download an app from the market and it took ages, could u please (pretty please) post instructions how to connect the android to pc via USB been tryinmg all night without sucess

Edit - Forget USB connection, problem solved, thx anyway

Last edited:

skyhacker

Oct 24, 2006
Amadora
it really depends on what you wan't to do with the phone, it's a fully working version of android, and it's far better than xdandroid in my opinion, mutch faster and usable, I'm currently using it in a daily basis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Admins / Moderators: Why there is no Android section for HTc Diamond??? Can you create it accordingly and move my Android threads into it?? Maybe some users also should suggest this to the admins / moderators...

EDIT 26-10-2010: CyanogenMod 6.0 Final and CyanogenMod 5.0.8 Final available now!!

The following CyanogenMod-Ports are available now (stable is marked as FINAL):

• VaniljEclair CM5 (Eclair / FINAL V1.3 updated on 26-10-2010 )
    • "Official" CM6 (Froyo / FINAL V1.0 updated on 25-10-2010])
    • FroyoRedux CM6
    • SuperF-Port
    • many more...

4830310919_7b1aa87493.jpg
    4830311021_cafbda630d.jpg

4830311093_4dfe692b65.jpg
    4830924154_728006f1df.jpg

Quick-Installation-Guide:
    Read this installation instructions by chase21

Thanks go to:

Balsat, XDANDROID-TEAM, Cyanogen + Team and everyone else whom I forgot.

Used kernel + modules: htc-msm-linux by glemson and balsat
    Used rootfs: XDAndroid modified to run on EXT2-Partition
    Mixed-Up and ported by: Neopeek
    Source: CyanogenMod 6, CyanogenMod 5

Download latest release
    reserverd for my mama & papa
    Updates...
    I have FRG83.R6_Stable.zip, is this the right one?
    link: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/md2k4fgjewuub/DIAMOND

I also have these:

F1_CM7_V1_[EXT2][Diamond].zip
    F1_CyanogenMod_7_V1_[EXT2].zip
    FRG83.R6_Stable.zip
    FroyoBV6.zip
    FroyoBver5.zip
    XDANDROID.2.2.1.AOSP.FRX03.21.11.10.FULL_PACKAGE.zip
    FRX06_Full_Bundle_25.3.2011.zip
    GBX0A_Full_Bundle_11.3.2011.zip`
    Gingerbread v1.7z
    FRG83.R5-npk.zip