Protective Cases with small Form

Search This thread

mikenike500

Mar 19, 2013
What would be the best armor/protective case for the G2 with a small size?

Not as big as an Otterbox Defender, nothing bulky...

But not as thing as a thin TPU case...

Looking at the SPIGEN Slim Armor right now, seems appealing but also kind of thin.

sp33dsk8

Jun 25, 2010
I love my slimArmor, It is a bit thin on the face side but that's where I have the iLoome Flex glass protector on. Hopefully in a drop the iLoome cracks and my screen stays in one piece.

sropedia

Jul 12, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
If you want less than the defender then try the otterbox commuter. I have it for mine and I don't regret it at all, very reasonable thickness with a nice lip on the front for a case this protective, plus none of the button problems that seem to plague the defender series

Sent from my G2

Haesslich

Sep 15, 2006
Has anyone had the Incipio Dual Pro case?

It seems appealing.

It's a very thin case, with almost zero rim. Thinner than the Slim Armor, if the photos of the latter are correct. Like 1mm of rim, which is barely that tall. The only cases with less rim that I've seen are the official QuickWindow case and maybe the Feather.

woundedworld

Dec 3, 2011
Has anyone had the Incipio Dual Pro case?

It seems appealing.

I bought it for my wife's Verizon G2, the pink one. It is a very good case, a good mix of protection and being slim. The plastic back has a matte finish a has a slight grip to it.So nice in fact, I just bought the white one for my newly purchased G2. :good:

liteon163

Apr 1, 2011
My Verizon LG G2 came with a white/grey Incipio DualPro case. My initial feeling toward it is that the silicone is too flexible and pulls too easily away from the top and bottom front faces of the phone. While putting the outer shell on the phone, it felt like the case just wouldn't be stiff enough, but now that it's on the shell isn't so bad. The case has decent grip, but the white color of the outer shell picks up color from your pocket (or whatever else it rubs up against for a bit). I really like how the rear buttons are covered up, yet actually easier to use because of the more pronounced power button bulge.

On my previous phone (a Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII) I regularly used a pebble blue TPU case from Belkin, but also had a blue Otterbox Commuter for when I'd go camping and hiking. I quite liked the Commuter and will compare the Incipio DualPro against it.

I've been using a Diztronic matte black TPU case for the last week (my first full week with the device). Now I've switched over to the Incipio to check it out. I'll give it as long as I can stand it and will post back here.

Last edited:

TITANote2LTE

Jan 28, 2013
Anyone checkout or have experience with the trident cyclops case for the g2? I used it on my moto x, for the protection it offered, really didn't have much bulk, was thinner then the commuter. Found a good deal on a g2 cyclops thinking on checking it out.

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk

Just ordered a poetic invictus. For under $10.00, it seemed like a high quality case.

##amazon.com/gp/product/B00F7WWLYO/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/url]

can't post links yet, so remove the two pound signs at the beginning and replace with the http, colon and forward slashes.

liteon163

Apr 1, 2011
24 Hour update: I've spent 24 hours with the Incipio DualPro case on my Verizon LG G2. It is definitely growing on me. While the slightly rubberized hard shell feels slightly slippery to the touch, it is grippy on most surfaces when set down. The case seems to offer protection on par with an Otterbox while feeling better. There's very little added bulk with this case, considering what it's offering in terms of protection.

The case looks good from the back, but I'm not too keen on the white shell peeking around the front edges of the phone (or with how it picks up colors from rubbing on its surroundings). The grey inner shell looks good enough that it's not distracting. Had I purchased the case separately, I would definitely have gone with the black case. But I don't feel strongly enough to buy the black version as a replacement for the white/grey case I already have.

I'm happy with this case and would recommend it.

Last edited:

gonk24

Mar 7, 2011
Just ordered a poetic invictus. For under $10.00, it seemed like a high quality case.

##amazon.com/gp/product/B00F7WWLYO/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/url]

can't post links yet, so remove the two pound signs at the beginning and replace with the http, colon and forward slashes.

Received my black Invictus today and it's going back. I'm not impressed. The biggest thing is the cutout at the top left corner the pics on Amazon don't show it but it's there and annoying. The plastic is glossy and looks to scratch easily. The kickstand is just a flap cut out of the back of the case and doesn't snap into place very well. I was expecting a somewhat more premium case. Obviously not high end but better than this.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

liteon163

Apr 1, 2011
Today I tried switching back to my Diztronic case because I'm tired of the white/Grey color scheme of the Incipio case. I couldn't do it. I've grown used to the way the Incipio case covers the rear buttons and actually makes them easier to use.

But it turns out that I really do feel strongly enough about the color to have ordered a black version of the Incipio. It should get here in a couple of days. Hopefully it feels the same as this white one.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

gashyh

Jan 18, 2014
I really like my incipio dualpro. it's really thin but it's survived a couple drops already. my only complaint is the back is kind of slippery and I could see it slipping out of my hand (hasn't happened yet)

greymdx

Nov 22, 2013
Having used the Slimarmor and the Diztronic TPU, I just recently moved over to the Tech 21 D3O case from Tmobile and I'm loving it.

With the slimarmor I felt it being a bit bulky as well as pretty slick at times. With the diztronic, I didnt feel as if there was enough protection if I were to ever drop the phone.

Looking at the videos of drop tests online for the d3o material, I was sold. The fit is snug, the only bulk added is on the edges where the d3o material is. The textured tpu is nice to hold and doesn't feel slippery, plus I feel much more confident in the event if it were to ever drop on the corners/edges of the phone. For the front face drops, hopefully the Glass M protector I have will take the impact.

Very satisfied with the Tech 21 case and would recommend to anyone looking for slim and protective. They have them in the Tmobile stores so you can definitely try it out first before you buy!

BugmanK3

Feb 24, 2014
I have the Seidio Surface case and holster. I really like the holster but the case doesn't seem like it gives much protection. Anyone familiar with a case that will give more protection but still fit the holster.? I've tried a couple from Ebay that look slim but protective in the pictures but tend to be pretty bulky in hand. A kickstand would be nice but that's not a deal breaker.

Last edited:

bighardsun

Feb 20, 2014
Ballistic SG Shell Gel Protective Case

I used to have a Razr i before my LG G2.

The Razr i was tough by its own and still I had a "trident aegis" case for it, I could throw it meters and was always nice.
G2 seems way more fragile, but the trident series for the G2 are really creepy awful. So with a little research I came across this nice piece of plastic protection the "Ballistic SG Shell Gel Protective Case", checked some youtube videos of drop tests and reviews.

I bought it on ebay today, so now I'm waiting to arrive.

Hopefully its as nice as it looks.
:cowboy: