htc one v : cant go to hboot menu

Search This thread

talalz94

Mar 19, 2014
Hello everyone, i just got a htc one v from my friend. after a few apps, i noticed it started to slow down and hang a lot so i decided to root it. My problem is that i cant get to hboot menu. i power off my phone (battery is almost full) then i press and hold "down" volume and power button together but nothing happens. it simply reboots like normally.i have gsm btw. i have included some software info in the attached pics. please help me..

thank you

CZNexus

Nov 16, 2013
Hello everyone, i just got a htc one v from my friend. after a few apps, i noticed it started to slow down and hang a lot so i decided to root it. My problem is that i cant get to hboot menu. i power off my phone (battery is almost full) then i press and hold "down" volume and power button together but nothing happens. it simply reboots like normally.i have gsm btw. i have included some software info in the attached pics. please help me..

thank you
Try Harder, HOV power button is sensitive..

bratusm

Nov 19, 2012
Ljubljana

thank you

Well, use programs on your pc:
- WinDroid HTC One V Toolkit: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2471243
- Android Ultimate Toolbox Pro: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1886562

or similar... Just install adb drivers to pc: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 and you're ready to go...

Reactions: talalz94

kvestas

Dec 17, 2012

thank you

@bratusm mentioned tools should really help you but you may still try doing it again once more.
Just remember the sequence:
1. Press and hold the "volume down" button.
2. Press the power button to turn the phone on ("volume down" button must be pressed still).
3. Only when you'll see hboot menu you may release the "volume down" button. =)

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011

thank you

Go into settings and look for fastboot and untick it :) then repeat the v- and power

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thank you
    Try Harder, HOV power button is sensitive..

thank you

Well, use programs on your pc:
    - WinDroid HTC One V Toolkit: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2471243
    - Android Ultimate Toolbox Pro: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1886562

or similar... Just install adb drivers to pc: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 and you're ready to go...

thank you

@bratusm mentioned tools should really help you but you may still try doing it again once more.
    Just remember the sequence:
    1. Press and hold the "volume down" button.
    2. Press the power button to turn the phone on ("volume down" button must be pressed still).
    3. Only when you'll see hboot menu you may release the "volume down" button. =)

thank you

Go into settings and look for fastboot and untick it :) then repeat the v- and power

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk