[Q] Video reproduction question

Search This thread

ricarroyo88

Aug 25, 2008
Hi everyone.

Last year I bought a Galaxy Note 10.1 (the first one, not the 2014 edition) and I had a lot of issues playing some videos, they didn't show video or de audio was desync, but if I played the same videos on a HTC One X (Tegra 3) there was no problem.

So, I would like to know if the architecture of the 2014 edition solved these problems or you have to "convert" the videos before watching on the tablet.

Regards.

fantasmanegro

Apr 27, 2012
Hi everyone.

Last year I bought a Galaxy Note 10.1 (the first one, not the 2014 edition) and I had a lot of issues playing some videos, they didn't show video or de audio was desync, but if I played the same videos on a HTC One X (Tegra 3) there was no problem.

So, I would like to know if the architecture of the 2014 edition solved these problems or you have to "convert" the videos before watching on the tablet.

Regards.

issues playing videos can mean different things, for example:

container support, higher settings for compression, unsupported resolution, etc...

in my case, note 10.1 2014 can play almost any video with stock video player but not those with ac3 audio or 10bits profile (x264)...

i'm not BSPlayer user because i don like the way it "works"... i'm using mx player... and no problem until now....

Reactions: ricarroyo88

compumasta

Jan 25, 2011
I second MX Player. It allows for additional codecs that the stock player does not and I have not had any issues with it whatsoever. I'm OK with it since the stock app isn't my cup of tea anyway.

Never had any problem with MX Player or DicePlayer since forever even on my first tab Galaxy Tab 10.1 (1st ever).
But i never had a 4GB video on it...
The only complain i had was youtube lagged a lot on 720p!
Now, with our beloved 2014 note i have at least 4 windows streaming/playing video simultaneously!!! All Sync and making a lot of noise!! yeah

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone.

Regards.

issues playing videos can mean different things, for example:

container support, higher settings for compression, unsupported resolution, etc...

in my case, note 10.1 2014 can play almost any video with stock video player but not those with ac3 audio or 10bits profile (x264)...

i'm not BSPlayer user because i don like the way it "works"... i'm using mx player... and no problem until now....
    I second MX Player. It allows for additional codecs that the stock player does not and I have not had any issues with it whatsoever. I'm OK with it since the stock app isn't my cup of tea anyway.
    ac3 audio works, not sure about 10-bit encodes
    Never had any problem with MX Player or DicePlayer since forever even on my first tab Galaxy Tab 10.1 (1st ever).
    But i never had a 4GB video on it...
    The only complain i had was youtube lagged a lot on 720p!
    Now, with our beloved 2014 note i have at least 4 windows streaming/playing video simultaneously!!! All Sync and making a lot of noise!! yeah
    Including the ac3 audio or 10bits profile (x264) ??

ac3 works and 10bits keeps making "noise"... it's not fully supported...