Bye Bye Arc S [Bought A New Phone?! Say Bye Bye Arc S Here!]

Search This thread

shantusingh

Mar 15, 2009
New Delhi, IN
I loved my Arc S... Gave it to the shop i bought the beast Htc One X Quadcore from and paid the remaining extra. And oh my god no words... so if i start i might not stop telling all about it... so no disrespect my Arc S was awesome too.. and Htc One X is Miles Better!

So just wanted to share and say bye bye Arc S!

Others also please share stuff... say bye bye to your Arc S, if have bought a new one now ~!

Cheers!!

Last edited:

shantusingh

Mar 15, 2009
New Delhi, IN

No its an awesome timing, I prepared myself asking htc's customer service before even buying one x few days back, they admitted n said all this problems were in april and old imported date handsets, and all have been taken back.. and the issues are fixed in the new ones being imported. I purchased the may imported handset, no wi-fi issues not even one point dropped sitting little far in other room and in low battery aswell, no banding problems, no flickering screen, no signal drops, nothing!;) . Played all the apps in it... it works BooOoOomMMmm!!

Last edited:

xtacy!

May 27, 2011
Cochin
I'm envious. I like the One X design after the arc's. And I'd definitely take it over the Samsung Galaxy S III.

Could never get used to their ugly TouchWiz interface.

Swyped from my SE Xperia arc (LT15i) using Tapatalk 2

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
lol, my arc was my first android smartphone im 16, and the only cellphones i could ever get where old bb, i hated them so much, so i love my arc, i would probably only change it for an s3, i mean i like touchwiz, and if i dont theres replacements, or cm9 rom, guys i still dont get it, if you can run ps1, store games, and apps at 100 percent with a singlecore 1ghz processor why do you need aquad core 1.4? just asking, wouldnt it be wiser to get a compuuter for that price?

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
lol, my arc was my first android smartphone im 16, and the only cellphones i could ever get where old bb, i hated them so much, so i love my arc, i would probably only change it for an s3, i mean i like touchwiz, and if i dont theres replacements, or cm9 rom, guys i still dont get it, if you can run ps1, store games, and apps at 100 percent with a singlecore 1ghz processor why do you need aquad core 1.4? just asking, wouldnt it be wiser to get a compuuter for that price?

True. Don't know why anyone would need a quadcore phone. The single core intel processor beats most of the dual/quad core phones. Too bad that's its bootloader is locked.

xtacy!

May 27, 2011
Cochin
@Galileo,

It's just a sign how far technology and miniaturisation has come. Prices have dropped drastically.

A few years back, this would have unimaginable. A few years back, the Samsung Jet was being hailed as the fastest phone whizzing away at 800MHz. It's laughable now.

Plus, it's all that computing power in the palm of your hands. Computers are not able to compete in terms of portability offered by a phone. (I'm not talking about productivity, just portability). It's small enough to slip into your pocket.

From here on, developers are going to optimise their apps to utilise the multi-core CPU. A few years down the line, I'm pretty sure everyone will have moved to dual-core and beyond.

@finch.****break,

Intel core? For our arcs? LOL! What have you been smoking mate?

Or were you talking about that XOLO phone? :confused:

Swyped from my SE Xperia arc (LT15i) using Tapatalk 2

Overdose1986

Jan 23, 2012
6 more months(maybe less) and your One X will be obsolete, will be miles behind the newest smartphone

Reactions: stu15

shantusingh

Mar 15, 2009
New Delhi, IN

No it won't be wiser for many kid!

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
if anything they should look for a way to increase ram, we have quad core 1.5ghz processors but only 1g ram?, imagine what we could do with 2gb ram or so.

you just know the way to go would be to make a handset you could make yourself or have custom made, just like a pc upgradable components like ram, cpu ,graphics card screen,camera maybe different kinds of os like one for gaming one for business etc. but in reality you wont get that until way down the line if at all , just minor upgrades to sell more handsets and make more money, we can but dream.

pren22

Oct 24, 2011
I have arc lt15i and love it.was looking to get xperia ion when it goes international if it goes ever,but i'm thinking to stay with my arc till some better sony phones come's out,every year they have newer phones.So i'll stick to arc for now.

Sent from my Xperia Arc using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I loved my Arc S... Gave it to the shop i bought the beast Htc One X Quadcore from and paid the remaining extra. And oh my god no words... so if i start i might not stop telling all about it... so no disrespect my Arc S was awesome too.. and Htc One X is Miles Better!

So just wanted to share and say bye bye Arc S!

Others also please share stuff... say bye bye to your Arc S, if have bought a new one now ~!

Cheers!!
    A really awsm thread I must admit. Arc was my first smartphone after Nokia X3 and was a hefty costly device I spent for a mobile. Now I moved to Z though arc shines even now. It has tolerated (hopefully) two full years of all the flashing I gave it. Random reboots, bootloops, soft bricks, the probs it faced were endless. To be true, it was my dream device and I still admire at it now. My parents asked me to give arc for a good price and exchange for Z. But i never did. It will always be with me, and earns my love. Not even a single scratch, it really shows how much it can handle. Really proud to be a arc owner. Miss this thread and my device a lot, but its time i gave it a rest. It's enough that all it has faced, it will deserve my respect for my entire life. Goodbye arc, you will always be my most remembered device of all time! ;(

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app
    Yeah, Arc is really amazing on the outside. Sigh, I'm considering upgrading my Arc just because I'd like a faster processor for 2 or 3 apps and a faster camera.

Other than that there'd be no gain from switching my phone. The cameras in new phones aren't much better, same with displays and there's nothing that can touch Arc's design on the market right now. If only the CPU had a Krait core..

Processor has nothing to do with that, in this case. You wouldn't get anything by getting a quad core with 512MB RAM. It's the RAM that matters. And dual/quad cores are quite unnecessary on phones as each core in dual/quad cores will always be weaker than a single core. The reason why manufacturers started producing multi core devices is because production of the processors has become very cheap. So if you're a heavy multitasker, get a phone with more RAM.

Sent from my cracksperia Arc
    Bought an iPhone 6S, and still keeping this phone.