Droid Razr HD or GSIII?

Search This thread

BinarySauce

Oct 20, 2012
Vancouver
Which should I pick up(Verizon)? I feel like it's hardware vs software (why can't I have both? :( ). The build quality on this phone looks stellar and the kevlar looks boss, but it's lacking atm in development. On the other hand the GSIII has a GIANT following, dozens of ROMs, an extra gig of RAM, and just seems to be cared about/getting software attention.... but it looks like a kids toy... Will the Razr pick up speed? Opinions?

lucidvtec

Jul 28, 2010
RAZR HD if u care about good reception and battery life

Cause even thou the g3 has roms we still beat them there vs a stock RAZR HD

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Reactions: L7iharsha

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
Hasn't this topic been beaten to death already in other threads? Pick up whatever one you want. A bunch of thread-posters aren't going to change your mind if you're decided on one already. They're both very good devices capable of doing a lot of the same stuff. It's going to depend on your personality and how you plan to use the phone.

Reactions: pacoguevara

abissel22

Aug 1, 2012
Lakeville, MA
Razor hd. I live in a low service area with my s3 and it is horrible. I have to stand in a certain part of my house just to send a text. I recover no calls and making calls is out of the question. Personally I'd wait for the nexus 4 though mad swap to t-mobile.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

sd_N

Oct 14, 2010
Hollister
Razor hd. I live in a low service area with my s3 and it is horrible. I have to stand in a certain part of my house just to send a text. I recover no calls and making calls is out of the question. Personally I'd wait for the nexus 4 though mad swap to t-mobile.

guess im at the opposite end. Sold my 32GB S3 and just got a razr HD yesterday. I like the phone and the JB leak makes it way smoother...but the locked bootloader and lack of development so far is making me wonder. I never had reception problems with my S3. IDK...:rolleyes: missing my S3 tremendouslt a.t.m. The Razr HD is a nice phone. Feels way more solid in my hand and hardware is good. Build quality..superb. Just my ramblings...lol. Happy trails with whatever u decide. Thanks again devs for all your work. I am on XDA more than FB...have a great night everyone.

yutzyscott

May 10, 2010
This screenshot from my RAZR is with Bluetooth enabled, GPS enabled, 4g on and the screen on set to auto brightness for the entire duration of the test while streaming slacker internet radio. Also for the entire duration of the test. Awesome battery life. Also it would seem as though this phone is capable of simultaneous data and voice even in 3g mode. Unless my phone is broken and not actually supposes to do that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352472826485.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352472826485.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 540

qqhsiao

Nov 10, 2012
for sure S3 (but only the 4G version we are talking about here)

Which should I pick up(Verizon)? I feel like it's hardware vs software (why can't I have both? :( ). The build quality on this phone looks stellar and the kevlar looks boss, but it's lacking atm in development. On the other hand the GSIII has a GIANT following, dozens of ROMs, an extra gig of RAM, and just seems to be cared about/getting software attention.... but it looks like a kids toy... Will the Razr pick up speed? Opinions?

2G of RAM and quadcore kick ass,
check out the benchmark score and also i couldn't stand the speed of RAZR HD after i install all my apps
(restoring from back up online/cloud)

so does this means... the phone seems quick but only when it's new and empty (app-wise)
soon i load with 2 anti-virus, 4 chat apps, CPU&RAM monitor, Battery Widget, Netspeed monitor, App Protector...
and i thought i hate my HTC ONE X enough to love whatever phone next to it.

but... no, i changed it back to ONE X until i got my hands on S3 LTE version.
(this is only my point of view after using the phone *my way*)

cheers.:good:

cowisland

May 2, 2011
Maybe it's just me, but even when playing with the two phones at a store, SG3 seemed more responsive and less laggy. Hopefully JB helps HD in that department.

I also think phones these days should come with two gigs of ram given how cheap ram is.

Overall, I am still undecided. Both are great phones, both have strong and weak points, which have been documented extensively by now.

It sounds like if you live in an area with weak signal, need long battery life and don't use the camera much, HD is your phone. If, on the other hand, you like slightly stronger specs and need a good camera, you are probably better off with SG3. Also, I like physical buttons (personal preference) and development is probably going to be stronger for SG3.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

BinarySauce

Oct 20, 2012
Vancouver

2G of RAM and quadcore kick ass,
check out the benchmark score and also i couldn't stand the speed of RAZR HD after i install all my apps
(restoring from back up online/cloud)

so does this means... the phone seems quick but only when it's new and empty (app-wise)
soon i load with 2 anti-virus, 4 chat apps, CPU&RAM monitor, Battery Widget, Netspeed monitor, App Protector...
and i thought i hate my HTC ONE X enough to love whatever phone next to it.

but... no, i changed it back to ONE X until i got my hands on S3 LTE version.
(this is only my point of view after using the phone *my way*)

cheers.:good:

Comments like this make me worry :/ I have heard many things about this phone lagging more than other flagship devices running 4.04(from sleep, lots of apps, laggy camera, b/c less ram?). Can this prominent lag experience be tweaked out and/or does jelly bean fix it? :/ I like my butter....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just ditched my S3 on Sprint and am I ever glad I did. Loving the Razr much more.

Meanwhile, my S3 is streaming constant video on roaming until Sprint cancels my contract for me.

guess im at the opposite end. Sold my 32GB S3 and just got a razr HD yesterday. I like the phone and the JB leak makes it way smoother...but the locked bootloader and lack of development so far is making me wonder. I never had reception problems with my S3. IDK...:rolleyes: missing my S3 tremendouslt a.t.m. The Razr HD is a nice phone. Feels way more solid in my hand and hardware is good. Build quality..superb. Just my ramblings...lol. Happy trails with whatever u decide. Thanks again devs for all your work. I am on XDA more than FB...have a great night everyone.
    RAZR HD if u care about good reception and battery life

Cause even thou the g3 has roms we still beat them there vs a stock RAZR HD

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
    Hasn't this topic been beaten to death already in other threads? Pick up whatever one you want. A bunch of thread-posters aren't going to change your mind if you're decided on one already. They're both very good devices capable of doing a lot of the same stuff. It's going to depend on your personality and how you plan to use the phone.
    I have both phones and I personally like the Maxx HD better. The SGSIII will ALWAYS be more dev friendly and popular in generalbut I play with both everyday an IMO the HD smokes it in just about every category. Just my opinion of course. I'm also a bigger fan of the whole vanilla feel of the HD.

Sent from my SCH-I815 using xda premium