Working WM 6.1 - UPDATE! 13/04/2008

Search This thread

Alcaline

Dec 26, 2007
Well, I now removed the BETA text from the topic as there does not seem to be many issues left :)

Reinman

Apr 10, 2008
IDD! it seems to work fine with day to day activities. The only crashes i have had were caused by smarttoolkit(Switching from normal to landscape with start menu open) and doom (trying to safe my progress).

Tho, i still find the switching between normal and landscape takes a longer time. Any idea if you kan speed it up somehow?

Alcaline

Dec 26, 2007
.....Tho, i still find the switching between normal and landscape takes a longer time. Any idea if you kan speed it up somehow?

Yes, you are right. It takes a long time... I have been trying to figure out what is causing this.. But not easy.
The same as it takes much longer waiting time before PIN code can be typed in..

This makes me think that it could have something to do with the keyboard drivers.
As they have to engage before pin code can be typed. And it has to change to the Qwerty keys when you switch to landscape..

Then again stange that it is slower with 6.1 than 6.0 as it is the same HTC keyboard driver..

Anyway just thinking out loud here. I have no evidence to back this theory up.

Anyone has any ideas post post post!

Reinman

Apr 10, 2008
Yes, you are right. It takes a long time... I have been trying to figure out what is causing this.. But not easy.
The same as it takes much longer waiting time before PIN code can be typed in..

This makes me think that it could have something to do with the keyboard drivers.
As they have to engage before pin code can be typed. And it has to change to the Qwerty keys when you switch to landscape..

Then again stange that it is slower with 6.1 than 6.0 as it is the same HTC keyboard driver..

Anyway just thinking out loud here. I have no evidence to back this theory up.

Anyone has any ideas post post post!

The only thing i can think of is that 6.1 loads the driver differently from 6.0 which takes the few extra (mili)second.

I guess the only real way to speed it up is by hacking the keyboard driver. (or wait ages for THC to update it, which we know they wont :p)

Alcaline

Dec 26, 2007
Found the problem :)
Its the home screen that slows down the portait to landscape switch!
Try to be in a program, like OneNote or anything, and switch..

It goes alot faster...

So its the drawing of the homescreen that takes time...

Lurchy24

Dec 14, 2007
Alcaline, great work. Love the new ROM.

There does seem to be a lag when loading pages in internet explorer. Much more than with the previous ROM. Anyone else notice this?

Reinman

Apr 10, 2008
Found the problem :)
Its the home screen that slows down the portait to landscape switch!
Try to be in a program, like OneNote or anything, and switch..

It goes alot faster...

So its the drawing of the homescreen that takes time...

Hmmm, would that mean if HTC finally bought those damned ati infineon quallcomm drivers, it would go faster?

bigflavor

Jan 15, 2007
nyc
stub section added to wiki entry, just below phone infos.

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Wings

A few quick questions:

1) I use the HTC AudioManager daily. Is this included? Does this work?
2) I use HTC Home (modified with MRU). Are the HTC Home screen plugin and the black theme included?
3) Is there anything at all that I should be concerned about? tee heeeee

Because I like making things slightly easier: Packaged HardSPL+RUU_Wings_HTC_WWE_Alcaline_61

Can't wait for the weekend! Thanks!

Last edited:

well0549

Sep 21, 2006
Voorschoten
bloggingabout.net
Happy !

I am truly happy with this rom.

I was a bit disappointed to see that moving to 6.1 didn't bring th ebig changes i hoped it would (seen some screenshots that looked very slick). But if you don't use the new Homescreen. ( I use my own HS for personal reasons ( memoryconsumption / Speed / Needed plugin / etc))

The difference isn't that big. The speed is the same as 6.0 the memory consumption is a bit less. (about 1.5 mb.) after running Oxio's clearmem i now have 13 MB free and that used to be about 11 MB.

However !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is one very big difference..... IExplorer has improved drastically !!!. The new version works with zooming and scrolling this website on my PDA doesn't take ages anymore.. Especially when i zoom out !

I really have no problems whatsoever.

- Fizz Traveler works OK
- ActiveSync with the compiny network works 100 %
- WiFi 100%
- ActiveSync over WiFi (to an exchange server) 100 %
- Oxio's clearmem 100%
- TomTom mobile 5.2 100%
- TCPMP 100%
- Total commander 100%

So overall a 100% score

Jan 5, 2008
Is it possible to get a german keyboard layout?

//edit2:
You can use Dr. Martin Gonzos Keymap Files in order to get a german keyboard layout. Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=384129 Section "Keyboard Layouts")

@Alcaline: Is this ROM already based on the 6.1 emulator image microsoft released? Dr. Martin Gonzo's latest ROM is.

Best regards,
Simon

Last edited:

el_lo

Jun 25, 2007
Is it possible to get a german keyboard layout?

//edit2:
You can use Dr. Martin Gonzos Keymap Files in order to get a german keyboard layout. Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=384129 Section "Keyboard Layouts")

@Alcaline: Is this ROM already based on the 6.1 emulator image microsoft released? Dr. Martin Gonzo's latest ROM is.

Best regards,
Simon

OMG I was going to post EXACTLY the same questions :D

EDIT: just saw your edit about the keyboard layouts, great news !

BTW, incredible job you did there, Alcaline :cool:

Last edited:

nadderf

Apr 27, 2007
Stockholm
How to fix swedish T9? and how to make the keyboard swedish layout? Tryed to edit HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\IME\KeyboardLayouDlls

but it still english..

Great jobb with the rom btw ! Thanks !

Edit: I have now installed swedish.cab for the Wox (s710) but the keyboard on wox and wings are different. But the T9 works but very few words.

Last edited:

Rytt55

Dec 14, 2007
Minneapolis
Question...

Hi. I just wanted to start out saying

Thank you lots for creating this ROM. It is awesome that someone would take their time to make everyone's devices run better! :)

My question is... When I install this rom, will I be able to delete the programs that came with this ROM from the Settings menu like now? with stuff that I installed?

Thanks again!

Jan 5, 2008
Regarding the keyboard layout: The vox files doesn't work as expected, because some keys are swapped :-(. Can anybody post his eT9.Wings.0407.kmap.txt file?

chrilleberg

Mar 13, 2007
How to fix swedish T9? and how to make the keyboard swedish layout? Tryed to edit HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\IME\KeyboardLayouDlls

but it still english..

Great jobb with the rom btw ! Thanks !

Edit: I have now installed swedish.cab for the Wox (s710) but the keyboard on wox and wings are different. But the T9 works but very few words.

To get Swedish keyboard layout, change this regsistry key and reboot:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tegic\eT9\IME\Keyboard]
"000007FF"="eT9.Wings.0414.kmap.txt"

This keyboard map is already in the ROM.

To get Swedish XT9, install the Scandinavian_XT9.cab first, reboot.
Then change this registry key, this is needed only if you want to add English back along with the scadinavian languages.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tegic\eT9]
"AvailableLanguages"="0109,011D,0114,010B,0106"

Restart your smartphone just to make sure. All this works for me, I now have Swedish :)

Attachments

• Scandinavian_XT9.cab
    771.7 KB · Views: 200

cool72

Apr 18, 2008
error 262

When i try to install the new rom i get error 262 all the time, im running vista. Anyone know how to solve it?

Fred23

Oct 6, 2006
Excellent!! I've only been playing with it for an hour or so but I can't see any difference from an official ROM. :)

Top Liked Posts