[Q] Help: can't add a google account on the phone

Search This thread

MarkozOriginal

Sep 2, 2014
Hi everyone

My friend bought this phone, i guess it's a chinese version of an Samsung Galaxy S5. He was testing it and the phone doesn't even bring the Google Play Store. I tried to installed manually but as soon as it opens it closes itself. I then proceed to check his android account but found that there was none on the phone and it didn't even asked for one. We factory reseted the phone and it still didn't asked for a google account.
I went to the settings to try and upgrade its android version but found no upgrade button.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Markoz

PS: Here's an pic of the "about the phone"

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Hi everyone

My friend bought this phone, i guess it's a chinese version of an Samsung Galaxy S5. He was testing it and the phone doesn't even bring the Google Play Store. I tried to installed manually but as soon as it opens it closes itself. I then proceed to check his android account but found that there was none on the phone and it didn't even asked for one. We factory reseted the phone and it still didn't asked for a google account.
I went to the settings to try and upgrade its android version but found no upgrade button.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Markoz

That's because it doesn't have any Google Apps package installed. It's common with chinese devices (clones). You need to install a gapps package and probably spoof the phone as another one. There's tutorials on the net if you Google it. You'll need root.

Reactions: MarkozOriginal

MarkozOriginal

Sep 2, 2014
That's because it doesn't have any Google Apps package installed. It's common with chinese devices (clones). You need to install a gapps package and probably spoof the phone as another one. There's tutorials on the net if you Google it. You'll need root.

Thanks! Right now i'm looking for the right root to do it. I'll let you know once I've done it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Markoz