[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2att/d2cri/d2mtr/d2usc]

Search This thread

TheXGX

Jan 7, 2015
Bangalore
www.facebook.com
Thanks adroidgalaxy now I have flashed lollipop as I will always be changing roms and staying only for two to three days on any Rom and trying different roms

Which Lollipop ROM have you flashed? What's the status of the camera in the ROM? And seeing as you say you flash ROMs a lot on that phone, which one, according to your experience is the most stable? Camera and LTE are the main things that won't work for me no matter what ROM I try. :(

anil2653

Which Lollipop ROM have you flashed? What's the status of the camera in the ROM? And seeing as you say you flash ROMs a lot on that phone, which one, according to your experience is the most stable? Camera and LTE are the main things that won't work for me no matter what ROM I try. :(
I tried almost all the build for tmo and att every one is similar as all have common issues. And because of this I have to come back to 4.4.4

camera still Freezes on latest build
I feel for ya. Wish I could help more, but with Cyanogen's resources going to CM12 development, it seems that little to no work (at least nothing major) is being done on the CM11 tree. I can only compile what they make available, and if I knew more than just "sync the repo and compile," I'd take a stab at trying to fix it, but alas... :(

It does look like weekly CM11 builds are still coming out, so as long as they are, I think I'll continue to build weekly Carbon releases with the most up to date code, as it's no big deal to just sync and compile two releases (d2lte and m8, the only devices I have). You can probably expect another one some time next week.

kenetix

May 29, 2012
I feel for ya. Wish I could help more, but with Cyanogen's resources going to CM12 development, it seems that little to no work (at least nothing major) is being done on the CM11 tree. I can only compile what they make available, and if I knew more than just "sync the repo and compile," I'd take a stab at trying to fix it, but alas... :(

It does look like weekly CM11 builds are still coming out, so as long as they are, I think I'll continue to build weekly Carbon releases with the most up to date code, as it's no big deal to just sync and compile two releases (d2lte and m8, the only devices I have). You can probably expect another one some time next week.
Thanks for keeping it going.

Weekly builds of Carbon-KitKat, dated 03/17/2015:

Samsung Galaxy S3 (d2lte):
Zip: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y54k671fzsb76r0/CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150317-0648-d2lte.zip
MD5: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7...-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150317-0648-d2lte.zip.md5sum

HTC One M8 (m8):
Zip: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p3tube4re96vm9v/CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150317-1856-m8.zip
MD5: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x6gb8jplvg6bpa4/CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150317-1856-m8.zip.md5sum

As always, these builds are provided without support of any kind, make a nandroid backup before installing, flash at your own risk, I accept no responsibility if your phone dies, blows up, or conquers the known universe, yada yada yada.

EDIT: There is an issue with this build regarding Google Play Services wakelocks draining the battery. If you're experiencing this problem, download the patch from the following post and flash it via recovery (it will replace the original frameworks-res.apk file with the patched one):

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60326383&postcount=554

Much thanks to @ocd_amp for cooking up the fix and providing the patch!

Last edited:
If anyone is wondering why I haven't posted a new build, it's because (according to the CM code review) there haven't been any CM11 updates that affect the SGS3, nor have there really been any significant CM11 updates, period. I think we're entering the "end times" here, and it's only a matter of time before CM11 updates end for good. In the meantime, the last Carbon build I posted is probably the most up to date we're going to get for a while (if ever), so enjoy. :)

ocd_amp

May 28, 2014
Google Play Services Wakelock Fix - GSIII I747 D2LTE/D2CAN

Important Edit: Please note that this package is ONLY for this ROM.

I have modded the framework-res.apk into a Flashable Zip - Google Play Services Wake Lock issue has been Fixed! You can use TWRP to Flash it.

After its done, Reboot, and make sure SystemUpdateService is enabled. You can use an app called DisableService or whichever method you prefer.

Delete Google Play Services data, Reboot once more into Recovery, Wipe Dalvik/Cache, Reboot System > Check and you will see SystemUpdateService is no longer disabled and your Google Play Services should update automatically.

Remove all App Ops permissions.

The ROM will now go into Sleep Mode without issue.

Framework-Res_CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150317-0648-d2lte_Flashable.zip

Last edited:

ocd_amp

May 28, 2014
Bug report.

Please see if this is repeatable on your Phones.

1) Install HOLO Launcher HD or Apex

2) Set Screen Lock to Slide

3) Reboot > Wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache partition

4) Reboot to System

Upon Reboot, does anyone notice the Launcher/Desktop shows up BEFORE Lockscreen? It only takes a second, but Lockscreen shows up moments after the Launcher/Desktop even though Lockscreen should ALWAYS be loading before Launcher/Desktop does.

Please test this on your phones and report here so we can submit a bug report. Thank you!

WontonNoodle

Sep 17, 2012
I have modded the framework-res.apk into a Flashable Zip - Google Play Services Wake Lock issue has been Fixed! You can use TWRP to Flash it.

After its done, Reboot, and make sure SystemUpdateService is enabled. You can use an app called DisableService or whichever method you prefer.

Delete Google Play Services data, Reboot once more into Recovery, Wipe Dalvik/Cache, Reboot System > Check and you will see SystemUpdateService is no longer disabled and your Google Play Services should update automatically.

Wow this worked perfectly, thank you!

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
Outstanding Bugs?

Due to some call quality issues with SlimKat v9, I'm considering jumping over to Carbon. Are there any outstanding issues with this ROM? I've seen a few old issues mentioned in this thread but I don't know if they've been resolved except for the Google Play Services wakelock fix.

ocd_amp

May 28, 2014
My first customer ;) just kidding. I'm happy I was able to help. Can you please refer to my post after my Wakelock fix post? Test this out for me please and let me know if you see the Desktop/Launcher screen for half a second before the LockScreen shows after you Wipe Dalvik and Cache and reboot. Thanks! :)

Wow this worked perfectly, thank you!

Dec 21, 2014

HI,

Was scouting for a fix to googles SystemUpdateService bug on galaxy s advance GT-I3070.
Am on carbon-kk- unofficial-20140913-1007 version and build no : carbon_janice-userdebug 4.4.4 KTU84Q e6def6aef4 test-keys.
Kernel version is 3.0.101-KERNEL-g83b7464 jenkins@flo0008#1 sat sep13 11:09:13 CEST 2014.

I saw this post and the fix that u posted above.
Does this fix apply for my device and rom as well?

can is apply this fix for my rom??

ocd_amp

May 28, 2014
GS3 I747 D2LTE + D2CAN only.

HI,

Was scouting for a fix to googles SystemUpdateService bug on galaxy s advance GT-I3070.
Am on carbon-kk- unofficial-20140913-1007 version and build no : carbon_janice-userdebug 4.4.4 KTU84Q e6def6aef4 test-keys.
Kernel version is 3.0.101-KERNEL-g83b7464 jenkins@flo0008#1 sat sep13 11:09:13 CEST 2014.

I saw this post and the fix that u posted above.
Does this fix apply for my device and rom as well?

can is apply this fix for my rom??

Reactions: noob to android

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2att/d2cri/d2mtr/d2usc], ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    CarbonDev, BigShotRob22
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-03
    Last Updated 2014-06-07
    Weekly builds of Carbon-KitKat, dated 03/17/2015:

Samsung Galaxy S3 (d2lte):
    Zip: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y54k671fzsb76r0/CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150317-0648-d2lte.zip
    MD5: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7...-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150317-0648-d2lte.zip.md5sum

HTC One M8 (m8):
    Zip: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p3tube4re96vm9v/CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150317-1856-m8.zip
    MD5: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x6gb8jplvg6bpa4/CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150317-1856-m8.zip.md5sum

As always, these builds are provided without support of any kind, make a nandroid backup before installing, flash at your own risk, I accept no responsibility if your phone dies, blows up, or conquers the known universe, yada yada yada.

EDIT: There is an issue with this build regarding Google Play Services wakelocks draining the battery. If you're experiencing this problem, download the patch from the following post and flash it via recovery (it will replace the original frameworks-res.apk file with the patched one):

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60326383&postcount=554

Much thanks to @ocd_amp for cooking up the fix and providing the patch!
    As promised, here is an unofficial compile of Carbon KitKat (d2lte), dated 03/08/2015, based on the most up to date source:

Zip: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dpcqnt67ty8f3zb/CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150308-1313-d2lte.zip
    MD5: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1...-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150308-1313-d2lte.zip.md5sum

Note that this is a straight compile from source, with no modifications, additions, or enhancements (I'm still a ways away from being able to make a customized ROM). Also, since the CM11 tree has been effectively frozen, this will probably be a "final" release, unless something changes that would necessitate a new release. Finally, note that I am only supplying this as a courtesy to other Carbon ROM users; I'm not offering any kind of support. As usual, you're on your own, no guarantees, make a backup before doing anything, flash at your own risk, yada yada yada. :)
    are there any logs saying whats different between the nighties. also what kernel would you recommend for optimum battery life.

I get phenomenal battery life on Quantum kernel. Here is the latest:

http://d-h.st/Wcc

and bt is working for me on 6-17 nightly.
    Hmmm...same result! Unless you have a different/ newer zip file. I found (2), but it didn't work

Here's a link to the one I have in my dropbox that works. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssesi7lzdxkethn/KitKat_Camera.zip