Galaxy S5 Knox Reset (New Hope)

Search This thread

xxVRxx

Feb 25, 2013
Z
There is big difference between RL and hypothetical, offcourse that Samsung will deny that...

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Just have a look at the linked thread in my previous reply and you will see what I mean....... @xxVRxx Are you a Consumer Lawyer? Do you have ANY legal training of ANY sort?.........
If not, then what you are saying in this thread is simply YOUR opinion.......whereas what I've said in this thread is COLD HARD FACT as seen by Samsung.........based on that.......good luck in getting a repair on your device if you've tripped knox......you're gonna need it.......

Sent from my rooted kn0x0 stocKK SM-G900F S5

Last edited:

f0xy

Aug 23, 2010
Manchester
Just have a look at the linked thread in my previous reply and you will see what I mean....... @xxVRxx Are you a Consumer Lawyer? Do you have ANY legal training of ANY sort?.........
If not, then what you are saying in this thread is simply YOUR opinion.......whereas what I've said in this thread is COLD HARD FACT as seen by Samsung.........based on that.......good luck in getting a repair on your device if you've tripped knox......you're gonna need it.......

Maybe coincidental but myself and others have had hardware fixes on Knox tripped devices.

Edit, devices from Manchester, U.K

Last edited:
Reactions: xxVRxx

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Sent directly to Samsung

My local authorised repair centre (CPW) are useless :)

Lol....you must have had luck on your side that day then......as you've probably seen what they said to me in that email thread........
In at least one case I've read about here on XDA, Samsung refused to repair a knox tripped device even though the customer offered to pay in full for the repair........

Last edited:

xxVRxx

Feb 25, 2013
Z
Lol....you must have had luck on your side that day then......as you've probably seen what they said to me in that email thread........
In at least one case I've read about here on XDA, Samsung refused to repair a knox tripped device even though the customer offered to pay in full for the repair........

No, im not any kind of lawyer or simmilar... only personal experience an other people's feedback.
And i had repaired s4 with 0x1(my wife's) no questions asked, my s5 replaced because proximity sensor problems with...you guessed it, knox 0x1 ;) official samsung centre...
Even talked with service guy, they mostly look for knox as a waranty for bussines consumers...

And ofcourse that official samsung response will be knox 0x1 =warranty void....

stvmoi

Mar 18, 2010
please help

Hi to everyone.
I bought before 10 days the galaxy s5 g900f and I root it with odin.
Nothing else, just root it. And now my knox is 0x1.
Can I reset it to 0x0 again?
Please help!
Thank you

Orka82

Aug 26, 2008
Stockholm
IF we are talking eFuse it will never be something like a "easy fix". Read back some pages.

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Even if there was a switch inside the phone to reset the KNOX eFuse or whatever it is, opening it would void the warranty itself wouldn't it?

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
eFuse isn't your usual fuse where a wire get's burnt or cut off when triggered. It is a software logic where the chip reprograms itself. So no. You can't do things like open it up and connect 2 wires or switch something then it's back to original. You'd have to replace the whole chipset if it's indeed an efuse thing.
Even if there was a switch inside the phone to reset the KNOX eFuse or whatever it is, opening it would void the warranty itself wouldn't it?

spityu85hun

Sep 26, 2014
City of Kings
logout.hu
KNOX is not restorable counter!

the KNOX counter is eFuse technology protected chip, can't reset, this approved by Samsung and Chainfire! KNOX counter is jump 0 to 1, forever is 1! There is no method which can be restored to 0. The S4 and Note3 or older Samsung phone received KNOX platform, that modifiable this counter, S4 and Note3 or older phone is only software the KNOX counter, nothing eFuse protection! Read you after!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many are speaking of 'the S5'. It very depends on the type of SoC (Qualcomm or Exynos). Also when reading the thread there are many pointless assumptions without tech. background. Both bootchains are different. Also one q-fuse can theoretically re-set the state of another when programmed that way (odd / even).

Knox is a combination of bootloader / kernel implementation / Knox system apps and the 'flag'. There are different ways how Knox flag could be triggered.
    It depends on where I modify and what I modify and when I modify. AFAIK both kernels and the bootloader are digitally signed (recovery and OS). As soon as the digital signature of one of the kernel has changed Knox will be triggered, also when flashing an unsigned bootloader.
    Custom roms can be applied as long as the stock kernel remains untouched.

The primary control instance is the bootloader itself (flashing with Odin). Now we're having towel root. Nobody knows exactly how 'knox' knows when the kernel has changed. Is it the bootloader directly that verifies on any boot? Is there code that calculates the 'new' signature?

Hi there, may I introduce some mind boggling facts into your assumption as well?

I have the Canadian Note 3, and I am currently the OP of the N900W8 KNOX 0x0 guide.

I added an educated answer to why this is happening only for our devices on my thread, if you want to check it out.

I am on NA2 bootloader (Mexican leaked), Custom Recovery, Custom Kernel, Custom ROM - and KNOX is still at 0x0.

The fact that people have been using MOP to flash custom ROMs and keep KNOX at 0x0 shows that custom ROMs don't trigger the flag, and neither do modem flashes. It is all within the Recovery-Kernel TrustZone.

To answer your "Nobody knows exactly how 'knox' knows when the kernel has changed" with an educated theoretical answer - KNOX tests for Su/checks typical directories for Su and hence it starts crashing (but this doesn't mean that it would trip KNOX, it has just detected an unsafe environment in the userland) [Which is why people disable KNOX/uninstall KNOX on custom ROMs - disabling KNOX through SuperSU has no adverse effects towards the flag].

If you take a look at how KNOX functions, you will know what the so-called TrustZone is, which is typically why after the SECOND reboot after a normal root using Odin, your flag would be tripped on a normal device. Your phone goes into it's boot algorithm called "Secure Boot" which verifies the signatures on the bootloader, kernel and occasionally system software. As CF-Root is injected into a partition without any need of authentication or permissions, it will automatically boot after applying the "update", bypassing the check once, but after a reboot, poof goes your KNOX.

If I could dumb it down any further, when regarding Towelroot and not getting KNOX 0x1, it is because it is essentially a backdoor exploit using the signed Samsung kernel, which does not breach any of the TrustZone partition checks. A userland exploit, while gaining the help of the kernel (either through a backdoor or a buffer overflow) will not, and is unable to, destroy any higher level system structures such as the Kernel, ROM structure or Bootloader (as an office worker can't just fire their boss, they can still help and change ideas of their boss, but they can't make them *not* the boss (digitally UNsign him to trip KNOX)). However changing the officer in the company just by firing and hiring a new one, can easily corrupt the company by changing rules of the lower hierarchical members (Using Odin to inject Auto CF-Root). This is KNOX's main rule, written out for us to know.

All I can say is, after nearly a full year with my Canadian Note 3 and half a year with KNOX 0x0, this answer is the car and the driver relationship. The Car being the bootloader, and the driver being the kernel. As these are the two main things that KNOX loves tripping us on, I can safely assume that the bootloader is the key reason why people get tripped KNOXes.

Some useful information here on KNOX: http://www.samsung.com/my/business-..._whitepaper_An_Overview_of_Samsung_KNOX-0.pdf
    Problem is you guys are just having chit chats on this thread with no helpful development - hence it's under General, go find sh*t out yourself and don't ask to get spoonfed answers.

If you want to know what's happening, this is the bounty thread that just has bounties: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2486346

This is the useful thread you should try to understand 100% before just blatantly asking whether there's a fix or not: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2642207

This was our last hope: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2721505 (which contained the actual Qualcomm certificate signing tool to reset KNOX, if you guys have been following the right threads, you would have already gotten hands on this)
    Knox won't ever be cracked, ever. NSA approved.
    All that meas is that they already know how to crack it :angel:
    eraby6a2.jpg

It seems like there is a cure and its not impossible.. Does this mean that all that crap that people said about a physical eFuse blowing up was debunked... Meaning we have hope!!! ?????

BTW sorry i forgot to mention.. It's for the galaxy note 3..?

here's the link to the original thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2486346

Thanks in advance
    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    someone have to test it and report it back to know :D
    we hope that works

I downloaded the tar and checked it's contents.

It's for the Exynos Note 3. Both files are only for that variant. (N900)

No one should try to cross-flash them in another device, it will most likely brick your phone.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk