Xperia Arc Issues & Suggestions

Search This thread

rustynuts34

Apr 21, 2010
Have updated to latest firmware and today got a random reboot whilst making a call its only happened the once not sure why but thought I would share the info anyway, I think I read its happened to someone else on here too.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

Mano1982

May 17, 2010
Oslo
GUYS PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ONLY I AM FACING THIS PROBLEM??

Also when I connect to my laptop, it takes 3-5 minutes to detect my phone :(

It takes 3-4 seconds to detect my phone when i connect it to my laptop :)

And about USB-icon in statusbar after disconnecting USB, Yes i have also this issue, but i just click on that & it disappears :p

tom_mac24

Feb 17, 2009
Guys I have a problem.

When I make a call and the proximity sensor turns the screen off, it sometimes wont come back on. I can still hear the person on the other end of the call, but when they hang up, my screen wont turn back on, even if i press the physical buttons.

It sometimes takes about 5 minutes for the screen to wake up. Apart from this I love the phone. Is anyone else having this problem?

On stock firmware by the way.

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
Heh I didn't have any of these issues yet.
237 hours without any reboot, no problems.

I just close backr apps like Twitter or Astro, they eat alot of RAM.
I usually get 100 - 110 MB free....

I just recorded 3 videos. First had stutters, the other were perfect.

tyrand3

Apr 20, 2011
Jakarta
my arc reboot sometimes when viewing pictures,play game,or just changing brightness setting.
reboot like 5times or more/day ,really anoying :(

Xajel

Mar 2, 2011
Bahrain
BTW, how fast the reboot is ?

I mean if you manually restarted the phone, how long it take from the time you press the power on to the device being ready to use ?

daveybaby

Apr 15, 2011
anyone tried LauncherPro??!!!??
after putting all launcherPro widgets, the phone lagging very badly :(
Havent tried LP on the arc yet, but here's something to try: before switching to LP, first remove all widgets from the sony launcher. Something about those widgets all being loaded & running even though the launcher isnt.

commodoor

Mar 8, 2008
Venlo
The phone takes a long time to boot. it's even longer than my nexus what is really weird.

I'm not sure if we can speed this up, because it's not OS related.

commodoor

Mar 8, 2008
Venlo
Havent tried LP on the arc yet, but here's something to try: before switching to LP, first remove all widgets from the sony launcher. Something about those widgets all being loaded & running even though the launcher isnt.

Are you sure about this? because i noticed that everything on SE home gets killed after a while. i didn't see any changes in the battery life either.

daveybaby

Apr 15, 2011
One minor problem that i've noticed: the compass occasionally stops working (happened twice now) so stuff like google sky map/streetview/gps status dont work.

A soft reboot brings it back again, so it seems like a software issue.

daveybaby

Apr 15, 2011
Are you sure about this? because i noticed that everything on SE home gets killed after a while. i didn't see any changes in the battery life either.
No, not sure at all. It's something i remember from ages ago when using early versions of LP on top of HTC sense, dont know if its still valid for current versions of LP, or for the Arc, or even for gingerbread.

Not a guaranteed fix, just a suggestion of something to try. :)

[edit]
As for the boot issue, i've noticed it seems to boot up much faster from a hard reset (i.e. once the battery's died) than from a soft reset. Weird.

Last edited:

commodoor

Mar 8, 2008
Venlo
No, not sure at all. It's something i remember from ages ago when using early versions of LP on top of HTC sense, dont know if its still valid for current versions of LP, or for the Arc, or even for gingerbread.

Not a guaranteed fix, just a suggestion of something to try. :)

[edit]
As for the boot issue, i've noticed it seems to boot up much faster from a hard reset (i.e. once the battery's died) than from a soft reset. Weird.

On the HTC phones it where the HTC services like peep etc they always started even if you didn't use the widget. But on the arc (Gingerbread) they get killed. the only application that always running is mtapp (or something like that) don't know what it does

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    er.. really.. what difference does it make.. do you have a total recall failure issue with peoples first names?!

Hi, I have over 1000 peoples contacts on phone and in daily business use I am common to search with surname, I don't even remember theirs all firstname :-/

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
    Why did you post this??? what do you expect to happen?

Did you make it your goal to make those people feel stupid?
    This device is brand new. These people are posting about these issues to see maybe they're common problems, or just to let others know.
    Anyone got problems with the upper left corner of the screen above the cinch coming loose?

I do, and I saw a picture in the GSMArena review that showed that the screen sticks out at that spot on their unit too.

nope mines flush
    I cannot take it to the service center as I bought it from a different country. Let me know if there is a solution.
    Sure?
    Warranty is warranty, pretty much regardless where you bought the device. Service Center is representing SE, all they should be interested in is date of purchase. Just give it a try (at the official SE service center of course).

Don't mistake the phone seller for the service center, warranty does not depend on the seller but on the manufacturer.
    I noticed that decreasing brightness give better viewing angles!
    Also for muffled sound when posing the Arc on a table I suggest to stick a little 1cm X 2mm of stickable rubber under the speaker hole, sound will get more free space and even more resonance making it louder ;)
    The arked design should have done this alone but it's not enough.