[ROM][P75x0/p4wifi/p4][JB4.3]Infamous PAC (14-Nov-2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DefQoN_BE

Oct 18, 2012
Belgium
For the first time in my life i'm going to sdtick to carbon ROM for a while :) going for a dirty flash over Aaccount's ROM build

Gust30

Aug 28, 2011
Gulf Breeze, FL
This ROM is amazing! All other ones I tried were laggy and my tab would stutter. This is buttery smooth and my screen seems so much crisper than before! You saved me from buying a new tablet! Thanks devs! Y'all are awesome!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

geiswiz

Aug 18, 2011
Google Search force closing

I loaded this ROM along with gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip from goo.im. Every time I open Google Search it force closes. I uninstalled it through TB then installed it via the Play Store, but it's still happening. I've also had a couple force closes in the Play Store. Does anyone else have this issue? Other than that this ROM is nice!

Thanks.

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
I loaded this ROM along with gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip from goo.im. Every time I open Google Search it force closes. I uninstalled it through TB then installed it via the Play Store, but it's still happening. I've also had a couple force closes in the Play Store. Does anyone else have this issue? Other than that this ROM is nice!

Thanks.

Wipe the plystores cache and uninstall the updates in the download manager for it. Then let it upgrade again..always works for me.. As to the Google issue.. Wipe its cache,but also reboot recovery and wipe dalvik cache so nothing is left from previous version..Hope this helps..

Pilsor

Oct 8, 2007
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Short install briefing please

Kasper,
After some memory lags with your previous carbonRom 4.22, I went back to ICS 4.04 (Todo's version [ROM][ICS][AROMA] JellyBeanRom ICS v8 [P75xx][01.04.2013] ).
But now that I'm reading about the smoothness of the the 4.3 rom (better than 4.2) , I want to try it again :angel:
Is it possible to say in a short briefing what to do?
-wich recovery.tar or other to flash with odin?
-other pre-rom to install, coming from 4.04 ?

Thanks in advance,
Philip.

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Kasper,
After some memory lags with your previous carbonRom 4.22, I went back to ICS 4.04 (Todo's version [ROM][ICS][AROMA] JellyBeanRom ICS v8 [P75xx][01.04.2013] ).
But now that I'm reading about the smoothness of the the 4.3 rom (better than 4.2) , I want to try it again :angel:
Is it possible to say in a short briefing what to do?
-wich recovery.tar or other to flash with odin?
-other pre-rom to install, coming from 4.04 ?

Thanks in advance,
Philip.
If you still run TWRP or CWM, you can simply flash Carbon ROM on top of your existing ROM. Only thing is that you should do a factory reset in recovery beforehand.

Pilsor

Oct 8, 2007
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Thanks Kasper for quick reply ...
But I think the recovery is 'outdated' , CWM - based recovery v5.0.2.7 ... I know, that was the recovery 'included' with the ICS rom those days.(I save my packages complete on my pc)
Suggestion, or is it ok?

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Reactions: Pilsor

Pilsor

Oct 8, 2007
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Thanks Kasper :)

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I used my the CWM recovery.
Factory reset - Wipe Cache - Wipe Dalvic Cache
Install ROM
Install GAPS
OK :good:
Reboot system.OK

No automatic reinstall of all my apps.
Shall later check/change the TB (titanium backup) dir in the settings (LOL same issue as with 4.3 on the rooted Nexus)

Looking forward to use the good old machine again.
Goodnight to the world :highfive:

Pilsor

Oct 8, 2007
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
WOW, seems to be working smoother then previous 4.2 :)

In my case only 1 FC caused by "SwiftKey".
During the setup of this keyboard I received a Forced Closed popup ... :crying:

Pilsor

Oct 8, 2007
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Negative, I'm only using SwiftKey, I Love that keyboard.

Btw, I think I have found the reason why I couldn't install/setup SwiftKey by the normal way ;)
Guess it was caused by the launcher, or the environment.
I prefer Apex launcher.

So, it was impossible to setup SwiftKey, so I decided to open Android Settings/language & input / choose SwiftKey, checked, and the rest of the settings wizard :)
Installation complete.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

mobileguynz

Oct 22, 2011
Auckland
The alpha tag needs to go this current ROM is smoother than the carbon 4.2 version. No issues so far smooth as silk. Even sound is back in volume level. :good: I came close to the bin for this tab and a nexus 7 now a keeper.

scaryshark

Jan 11, 2012
For the google search/now problems, you need to turn off hotword detection in search settings.

Here are instructions for thosevthat are having trouble because Google Now keeps on force closing instantly:

Download Nova launcher from the play store
Long click on the desktop and choose actions and then activities
Find Google search and in that drop down list settings

Now use this shortcut to go straight to Google now settings without the app closing

Click on the voice tab on the side and untick hotword detection.

Restart the app and everything wil be fine.

Dreameagl

May 8, 2012
Here are instructions for thosevthat are having trouble because Google Now keeps on force closing instantly:

Download Nova launcher from the play store
Long click on the desktop and choose actions and then activities
Find Google search and in that drop down list settings

Now use this shortcut to go straight to Google now settings without the app closing

Click on the voice tab on the side and untick hotword detection.

Restart the app and everything wil be fine.
I was able to get to the settings by clicking on the mic icon rather than the google icon. That gave me enough time to open the settings without the FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts