[ROM][Unofficial][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Droid Incredible [6/04/12]

Search This thread

rick311

Apr 26, 2009
My only guess would be to wipe, maybe superwipe.
I've had the issue of nothing popping up on my startscreen before. It was empty and usually had problems, such as freezing or lag and bad memory.

Also if you are, don't restore apps upon new flash. Just to test if that might be an issue if your doing that.

Hah, edit : ignore some parts didn't read the full issue.
Probably should reflash a9, boot it, wait about 5 minutes. Boot into recovery and flash ext4 and kernel2. Maybe the other way around.. why are you using it anyhow? I've only had the low memory issue like twice in my almost two year lifespan on the incredible.
Anyway, I'd give that a go and see what happens.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
this did it! Thanks man!

EDIT:
---------------------

Actually, i don't think i'm destined to have this. the moment i install my apps again, the internal storage space drop back to about 297mb. I don't get it, i give up.

Last edited:

omniatic

Oct 15, 2009
Milwaukee
this did it! Thanks man!

EDIT:
---------------------

Actually, i don't think i'm destined to have this. the moment i install my apps again, the internal storage space drop back to about 297mb. I don't get it, i give up.
Under settings/storage hit menu and bring up storage configuration. Is the box for Use Internal Storage checked? If so, uncheck it. Then reinstall your apps. I have about 50 apps in and my internal says 86% free. Granted, I use Link2sd, but that's still a lot of free space. If this were a Sense Rom I would understand a low space warning, but this is a third the size of them. Check that setting and see if it fixes your problem.

...sorry...I was on the phone...

sparkplugDev

Apr 6, 2012
Maryland
Normally they do but sometimes they won't light up at all when I touch the screen (for instance right now). Maybe it is actually something going wrong with my phone.....

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

it's not just you, i've had the same problem on this ROM. I don't think the lights ever turned on during the time I was running it which was about a day.

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
this did it! Thanks man!

EDIT:
---------------------

Alright I've got one more trick maybe..
First how many apps are getting installed? Sense normally uses around 180+ I believe well resources too. For an AOSP you gotta be installing alot. Normally its around 60+ if its really debloated.

Second, are you happening to use the correct ext4 mod?
One of those mods specifically is for low memory. Think its the second one, if I use one its normally the first one.
Also may seem a pain but another way to cut memory is constantly wipe data or cache.. can't remember which one. In settings though not recovery.

There's an app that helps in the market called tap cleaner? Haven't used it in awhile so I don't recall the name. But it's named cleaner.

The only thing I can say it cut down on apps and if your not using the correct ext4 mod then go back and try the right one. You shouldn't be that low on memory with an AOSP, I've only got that low when I had a crap load of apps installed and honestly those apps just killed battery and slowed my phone down to a good crawl.

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
New build out soon! Evervolv put a lot of work in this weekend, and it shows. Along with the new KGSL libs, it's super smooth.

I'll upload the build in the morning, after testing overnight.

Definitely ready to try it out. If that right then Evervolv should have a new build out? I can test that and see how it is.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

Delacombo

May 3, 2008
Canby
www.delacom.co
I installed this a few days ago to see how progress was going. This after pretty much giving up hope that the Dinc would have anything new and stable going for it here at XDA, but to my pleasant surprise, this is running beautifully. Thank you for all the time and hard work.

I'm a web dev, but am intrigued at the talent many of you have with Android mobile development. I keep procrastinating with diving into Andy development because I'm weak with Java and am intimidated, but its good to know there's pros out there...

rick311

Apr 26, 2009
New build out soon! Evervolv put a lot of work in this weekend, and it shows. Along with the new KGSL libs, it's super smooth.

I'll upload the build in the morning, after testing overnight.

awesome!

would the incredikernel beta 2 work with it?

jprow507

Oct 26, 2010

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
Great news and thanks for putting this together! I flashed the preview release over the last release with no issues. Do you think I can do the same for this release or is a full wipe needed?

as usual, a flash over should work. Only wipe if you run into problems

Drk.hd, can this be considered "alpha 10" ? or was your previous "experimental" post not included, making this alpha 9? Also, what is the difference between this and that previous experimental build?

Reactions: jprow507

drk.hd

Feb 27, 2011
Huntsville
www.github.com
Great news and thanks for putting this together! I flashed the preview release over the last release with no issues. Do you think I can do the same for this release or is a full wipe needed?

Unless I say otherwise, a full wipe is not needed.

as usual, a flash over should work. Only wipe if you run into problems

Drk.hd, can this be considered "alpha 10" ? or was your previous "experimental" post not included, making this alpha 9? Also, what is the difference between this and that previous experimental build?

I consider this build alpha 9, but I've actually gotten rid of any sort of numbering in the builds themselves, so consider it what you want.

Reactions: jprow507

dbrits

Aug 28, 2010
California
New build is up! Get it while it's hot!
Like the preview release, only kernels built for the new drivers work. This limits you to Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 and mamarley's beta kernel, along with the stock kernel, of course.

Get it here!

And now I know what I'll be doing with my lunch hour. Thank you. :)

EDIT: I couldn't wait for my lunch hour. So far so good, but you can't base a judgement on five minuets of use. (Although my prior experience with this rom leads me to believe that I'll have no problems apart from the usual bugs.) Also, I named this one "alpha 9" and the previous release "a9 experimental." I needed a means to keep them organized on my laptop and SD card.

Last edited:

rick311

Apr 26, 2009
this is strange, but i installed the new update and it brought my phone down to a crawl! i made sure i flashed the right kernel too. i'm going to have to figure this one out at home.

anyone else having issues?

dbrits

Aug 28, 2010
California
this is strange, but i installed the new update and it brought my phone down to a crawl! i made sure i flashed the right kernel too. i'm going to have to figure this one out at home.

anyone else having issues?

What's your min processor frequency? I was using the smartassv2 governor and I had the min frequency set to 128. When I installed the experimental release I experienced some issues with the phone lagging, but bumping the min speed to 256 helped.

rick311

Apr 26, 2009
I have it at 128 min on lagfree. maybe i will reflash tonight and use those settings to see what's up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom is built from CM9 source with device and Hardware trees based on Evervolv's. There are NO other customizations to this rom, just pure AOSP and CM9.

NOTICE:
    ** This CyanogenMod build is highly experimental and unsupported. Many things may be broken. I offer no guarantees as to this working at all on your phone.

What Works
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • Bluetooth, GPS, Wifi
    • LED notification, Rotation, etc.
    • Panorama
    • Barcode scanning
    What Doesn't
    • Camcorder

Instructions
    1. Download the rom and Gapps from below
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Make a backup! Don't blame me if you install this and can't go back.
    4. Wipe data/Factory Reset
    5. Under Mounts/Storage, wipe System
    6. Install the rom
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot
    9. Enjoy

Downloads
    Dev-Host - Build a9
    Mediafire mirror - Build a9
    Gapps
    MD5 for Build a9: 9c0777a3c5462b7de1d16da2664b5e5b

Older releases
    All

NOTICE - HWA is included with the latest KGSL drivers, so the only kernels that work are the stock kernel and others built specifically for the drivers. This includes the latest Incredikernel HWA Beta and mamarley's Beta kernel
    Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 can be found here.
    mamarley's kernel can be found here

What's New
    • New KGSL drivers for smoother HWA
    • Many behind-the-scenes updates for a much smoother experience

Unofficial Changelog
    CM-Nightlies Kang

Credits
    • The CM team for CyanogenMod
    • Evervolv for the device tree, and getting ICS to where it is on the Incredible
    • The Tiamat team for the kernel source and HWA

My Github can be found here.
    I hope you aren't tired of flashing, because I have one more coming your way, and this one is big. The Evervolv team just pushed through some major fixes to the camera HALs just this morning that should enable barcode scanners and panorama mode. Additionally, rywri has just posted a new camera apk with some code that fixes the camera fc when using panorama. Check his thread out here.

What this means for YOU is that I'm (probably) going to put out yet another build today with working barcode scanner and panorama. :D

I've started to experiencing a weird issue with Superuser after upgrading to a7. When prompted, Superuser doesn't remember anything that I've allowed. I had to allow several prompts just to load Titanium Backup. This issues isn't limited to Titanium, but to any app that requires root access. Right now I have Superuser set to automatically allow anything, and I'm not fond of leaving it on that setting. I've tried clearing the cache. They only thing I haven't done is delete Superuser using Titanium (since it's a system app) and then reinstalling it through the market.

That's odd, it's working for me. I do know that CM made some changes to su recently to try to fix some bugs...
    New build is up! Get it while it's hot!
    Like the preview release, only kernels built for the new drivers work. This limits you to Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 and mamarley's beta kernel, along with the stock kernel, of course.

Get it here!
    New Build

New build is out! Get it here.

Changes:
    • CM9 updates
    • Evervolv updates
    • General cleanup

I'm done with finals now, so my dev work should be speeding up. The main thing to work on right now is actually the kernel, so we don't have to rely on outside kernels. Then comes getting the needed changes to the qcom libs into CM. Busy busy!
    New build is up! Various updates from upstream. On my end, I simplified the repo download process, so I'll write a new tutorial on building soon.

Get the new build here.