[Q] Every ROM I flash Is Slow And Buggy, Why!

Search This thread

Beelee29

Dec 6, 2012
Toronto
Recently I flashed my phone with Cookiesandcream-quincyatt-1012 rom and my phone went all laggy and slow.
restored back to my CM10quincyatt that i had prior to cookiesandcream, and now that was acting all laggy.

I have tried several different roms(slim bean, liquid jb, cm9, cm10, and jelly beer, which seems to be working the best at least) and all of them seem to have the same issue, they act slow as soon as I use the volume rocker, and then my volume delays 10 seconds or so before it actually changes, and there not even sound coming from my phone. and is just laggy and has delays when i touch apps/settings etc.

aswell as soon as i boot up the phone after a flash, i get the gapps welcome setup screen(wifi setup, google account stuff, etc.)
i click "OK" and the button turns blue and will stay blue for 10 seconds before it actually does anything.

I have done factory reset, cache, dalvik cache, internal storage wipe.
Nothing seems to work.

It worked a tiny better after internal storage wipe, but i just need my phone in a useable state right now.
can anyone help? :s

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Recently I flashed my phone with Cookiesandcream-quincyatt-1012 rom and my phone went all laggy and slow.
restored back to my CM10quincyatt that i had prior to cookiesandcream, and now that was acting all laggy.

I have tried several different roms(slim bean, liquid jb, cm9, cm10, and jelly beer, which seems to be working the best at least) and all of them seem to have the same issue, they act slow as soon as I use the volume rocker, and then my volume delays 10 seconds or so before it actually changes, and there not even sound coming from my phone. and is just laggy and has delays when i touch apps/settings etc.

aswell as soon as i boot up the phone after a flash, i get the gapps welcome setup screen(wifi setup, google account stuff, etc.)
i click "OK" and the button turns blue and will stay blue for 10 seconds before it actually does anything.

I have done factory reset, cache, dalvik cache, internal storage wipe.
Nothing seems to work.

It worked a tiny better after internal storage wipe, but i just need my phone in a useable state right now.
can anyone help? :s

Data.......you likely have either old data that is intended for a different architecture...
, or you are restoring data into the builds by using a restore app like titanium backup.

Several of the roms you mention are very fast and smooth when set up properly, but it is very important to clean the device before a flash, and keep it clean by installing applications from market..

Many users do restore apps via titanium backup and other applications designed to do so, but you must never restore the data associated with the apps from a previous build, unless it is the same build.

Wipe cache
Dalvik cache
data
and system...prior to any new build, and again, do not restore apps that contain data.....g

Beelee29

Dec 6, 2012
Toronto
Data.......you likely have either old data that is intended for a different architecture...
, or you are restoring data into the builds by using a restore app like titanium backup.

Several of the roms you mention are very fast and smooth when set up properly, but it is very important to clean the device before a flash, and keep it clean by installing applications from market..

Many users do restore apps via titanium backup and other applications designed to do so, but you must never restore the data associated with the apps from a previous build, unless it is the same build.

Wipe cache
Dalvik cache
data
and system...prior to any new build, and again, do not restore apps that contain data.....g

I have done all of the above many times, and installed new roms, the roms always end up laggy, the improve over time,
but once the phone restarts, it becomes laggy again.
also i have no sound coming from my phone at all.
music wont even play. I press play and it immidiatly pauses. even if i try to press play again.
and i have never used titanium backup, the only time i restore, is using the restore function in TWRP using a backup of a previous rom i had. I never ported any data from any apps using programs like that.
by the way, when i look through my mounts and storage(using CWM), it shows that all my things say "mount /efs" or "mount /data" and so on.

are all of these supposed to say unmount?

EDIT: Solved problem, Unrooted the phone using odin3 v3.04 and stock I717RUXLF4_I717RRWCLF4_I717RUXLF4_HOME.tar.md5 and re-rotting solved the problem.

Last edited: