Note 10.1 v2 and knox

Search This thread

nlcgadgetman

Mar 30, 2011
I'm looking to buy a 2014 10.1 and something caught my attention and was curious about it. I have a s4 running 4.3 android and thanks to Knox I cant put a custom recovery on it and have to use safestrap to use a custom rom essential wasting much space. Is that a issue with the tablet as well. Or is twrp/clockwork able to be used?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
I'm looking to buy a 2014 10.1 and something caught my attention and was curious about it. I have a s4 running 4.3 android and thanks to Knox I cant put a custom recovery on it and have to use safestrap to use a custom rom essential wasting much space. Is that a issue with the tablet as well. Or is twrp/clockwork able to be used?

Flashing a custom recovery will trigger knox. And I havent heard of any safestrap solution for Note 10.1 2014.

Reactions: nlcgadgetman

nlcgadgetman

Mar 30, 2011
Flashing a custom recovery will trigger knox. And I havent heard of any safestrap solution for Note 10.1 2014.

So custom roms are a no go for this thing? Help me understand. I mean I see the threads with rom but is it like the s4....only 4.3 tw roms will work. A lot of questions I know of but $500 on the line. Lol thanks in advance

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
So custom roms are a no go for this thing? Help me understand. I mean I see the threads with rom but is it like the s4....only 4.3 tw roms will work. A lot of questions I know of but $500 on the line. Lol thanks in advance

Of course you can flash a custom recovery and custom roms, but it cant be done without triggering knox. Flashing the rom itself is harmless, its the flashing of a custom recovery that triggers knox. So if you can live with that just go a head and flash, if not.... then dont.
Good luck

Reactions: nlcgadgetman

nlcgadgetman

Mar 30, 2011
Ok thanks for the clarification the knox part is still kind of new to me. Tw is a little heavy just wanted to make sure I had the option to run an aosp rom down the line.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Of course you can flash a custom recovery and custom roms, but it cant be done without triggering knox. Flashing the rom itself is harmless, its the flashing of a custom recovery that triggers knox. So if you can live with that just go a head and flash, if not.... then dont.
    Good luck