Gaming performance drop after 4.4 update...note 3 n900

Search This thread

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

So my games lag after 4.4.2 update like mc4 and asphalt 8....and asphalt 8 lag is extreme high..its starts after 5 min..first when I open this game its liquid smooth but after 5 min many things happened like split screen..screen divided into 2 parts phone heat up extremely high..and when this thing happens I just lock the screen wait for 20 sec.and my phone starts cooling..and then I open it and play game and its again play liquid smooth and again after 5 min. Its starts lag how to fix is I asked this same questions they haven't answered...I ask to gameloft They said clean your browser cookies I clean it but my games still lag...and I am not alone...this stuff happens to more people

Link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2633895

So help me.......

And here is screen glitch

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393909005434.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393909005434.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 895
Reactions: Slevin2784

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
And its not rooted...and its freash!!! 4 month old phone...no experiment too

eng.a.s

Apr 12, 2013
I got this issue too with same game

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

thelostlegend

Jul 11, 2011
Bangalore
it's the games issue it's better of to inform gameloft about this... I have no problems playing any other games...

Sent from my SM-N900

LYandroid

Sep 16, 2013
Benghazi
if gaming performance is dropping after 4.4,then there is no going back to 4.3,damn im almost thinking of upgrade my futuer note 3 to KK.
Oh yes try PurePerformances Mod if you haven't tried it yet.

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
I am on the latest official kiktkat. Played mc4 for over an hour today, no problems at all, just a warm phone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
I play mc4 too there is no lag..but if u play online..and go to that snow map..I dont know its name u will find huge lag..

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
And if u think its game lag..but how screen divided...into 12 parts in mu home screen! And my phone automatic restart.....so what to do

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
Its isnt game issue...my phone restarts automatically and my phone screen divided into 2 or 12 parts!!!

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
Well i would suggest trying various different roms, including cm11. See if you can reproduce this error.

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
But my phone in only 4 month old...I dont want to root it

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
Rooted and tripped knox the day i got my phone, in december.
Rooting the n9005 is essential imo.

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
Is samsung didn't fix it!! I don't want to root my phone

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
Ohh...but my screen automatically split into 12 parts on home screen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So my games lag after 4.4.2 update like mc4 and asphalt 8....and asphalt 8 lag is extreme high..its starts after 5 min..first when I open this game its liquid smooth but after 5 min many things happened like split screen..screen divided into 2 parts phone heat up extremely high..and when this thing happens I just lock the screen wait for 20 sec.and my phone starts cooling..and then I open it and play game and its again play liquid smooth and again after 5 min. Its starts lag how to fix is I asked this same questions they haven't answered...I ask to gameloft They said clean your browser cookies I clean it but my games still lag...and I am not alone...this stuff happens to more people

Link
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2633895

So help me.......

And here is screen glitch
    Only N9000 users complaining of this problem??

Yeah. the problem only exist with the exynos version. my mom has the N9005 snapdragon version, in which asphalt 8 runs perfectly fine. i played on it for hours and not a single performance drop. infact it got the update from OTA. i had to manually install 4.4.2 on my Exynos via odin. help. also, please link me to some post on how to revert back to 4.3. very disappointed.
    Oh man, custom roms are awesome but I'm too lazy to root and flash roms etc :D
    Do you reccommend the ROM is everything working OK, any force closes, lags in games etc?

Hhhhh, for me the ROM is working more than fine! You should try :)
    No lags, no FC...
    Oh my GOD! Man you are a genious! I never heard about that Samsungs DVFS before until you mentioned it in your post. I looked it up and thought "yeah that thing needs to go away!"
    So I just rooted my phone, installed wanam Xposed and Samsung DVFS Disabler and voila!
    No lags in any game, I can even play Spider Man 2 on max graphic settings without any issue! It was barely working on low setting before OH MY GOD!
    Before, San Andreas started lagging after playing 10 minutes, now its always smooth, and now I can play all my games with my sixaxis!

An all those customization options in Xposed oh my god i'm just so excited right now :D
    Thanks for showing me the right way man, root is the best thing that can happen to any Android device.

Quick question: What do you use to back up before flashing another ROM? I have been using an HTC device before and 4ext was the way to backup, but I'm new to Samsung scene and I don't think 4ext is compatible with this phone :D

I'm glad to hear that it has worked for you! after disabling DVFS, does your phone gets hot/warm while playing high graphic games?

I'm using 3 ways to backup everything:
    1. TWRP Recovery. There's an optin for backing up everything there.
    2. My Backup Pro app from the Play Store. It's reliable and safe.
    3. Titanium Backup. It's AMAZING or restoring apps and system data, and dows amaing job for restoring market links and etc...

I found those, for me, are the best ways to backup everything on my phone.
    If you need anything else. I'll be glad to help :)