M8 Harman Kardon Mod Port?

Search This thread

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
If there was an M7 Harmon Hardon Version of the phone, I believe we could port it just as we did on the M8. Unfortunately without the phone released, we do not have the ASDP.img for the audio to play properly.
We could always add in the code and make it show up, but making it work is out of the question. :-/

Reactions: BartuG and gelo01

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
If there was an M7 Harmon Hardon Version of the phone, I believe we could port it just as we did on the M8. Unfortunately without the phone released, we do not have the ASDP.img for the audio to play properly.
We could always add in the code and make it show up, but making it work is out of the question. :-/

It's not that simple, much more complicated actually.

You are right on one thing, we'd be able to port it if the m7 has the h/k edition.

It's not a simple adsp firmware and enable via xml file change. You'll need the compatible libraries as well, these are the main files. Without those, no h/k effects.

The only thing we can do is change booleans to true in a xml file, we cannot add any extra codes. We can't add extra codes in audioflinger and the audio HAL to load h/k libraries.

Due to closed sources and major hardware (chipset, DAC and DSP), it's impossible to port.

Sent from mah haytch tee see Juan via crapatalk

Reactions: andybones

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's not that simple, much more complicated actually.

You are right on one thing, we'd be able to port it if the m7 has the h/k edition.

It's not a simple adsp firmware and enable via xml file change. You'll need the compatible libraries as well, these are the main files. Without those, no h/k effects.

The only thing we can do is change booleans to true in a xml file, we cannot add any extra codes. We can't add extra codes in audioflinger and the audio HAL to load h/k libraries.

Due to closed sources and major hardware (chipset, DAC and DSP), it's impossible to port.

Sent from mah haytch tee see Juan via crapatalk