[MOD][BootAnimation] Galaxy Note II with "progress bar" [2013-10-15]

Search This thread

vebulous

Oct 26, 2011
Deland
attachment.php

I wanted something more... "official" looking but not static and not looping. There are only a few looping animations I like.

Based on a very smart suggestion from kevinrocksman, I made an extra version that's more optimized (cut the number of images in half and halfed the framerate).
Plus side: half the filesize. Slight downside: not as buttery smooth as my original incarnation, but still very good.
NOTE: Filesize is average. 3.91MB
Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/46yv2jcahoklmqd/gn2-progressbar_optimized_v2.zip
attachment.php

Original incarnation with boatload of frames. Use this if you don't care about filesize and want buttery goodness.
CAUTION: Filesize is pretty big. 7.82MB
Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1c4s8ofc89x7mtb/gn2-progressbar2_optimized.zip
attachment.php

The "progress bar" starts at ~17 seconds (27% for me) since thats the amount of time it takes for the boot splash screen (the static SGN2 logo) to load.
After that, each frame denotes +1 px of the bar. There's a total of 462 frames. That equals 462 separate PNG's (this is the reason of the huge filesize). I have the framerate set to 10fps by default, since my note 2 takes about 1:30 to boot (i know, very slow, but I have over 300 apps installed and some other garbage) If you have a snappier boot up time, adjust the framerate to a higher number until the bar "progresses" at the desired rate. Like I said, this is a "progress bar", but you'll have to calculate the progress manually.

once you have is set, I guarantee you it'll be smoooooth as butter. It looks very nice and not too outlandish. I made it for myself, but figured I'd share it with the world.

EDIT: Added a new version. Half the frames, half the framerate, half the filesize,

Have fun.

Attachments

• http---makeagif.com--media-10-15-2013-Qv_0XH.gif
    http---makeagif.com--media-10-15-2013-Qv_0XH.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,663
  • qrcode.17579245.png
    qrcode.17579245.png
    523 bytes · Views: 2,875
  • qrcode.17605363.png
    qrcode.17605363.png
    525 bytes · Views: 2,628
Last edited:

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I like this idea and will give 'er a try. I have a ridiculous amount of apps and scripts so this might give me something to stare at and ***** while rebooting lol!

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
attachment.php

I wanted something more... "official" looking but not static and not looping. There are only a few looping animations I like.

Download Link:
attachment.php

The "progress bar" starts at ~17 seconds (27% for me) since thats the amount of time it takes for the boot splash screen (the static SGN2 logo) to load.
After that, each frame denotes +1 px of the bar. There's a total of 462 frames. That equals 462 separate PNG's (this is the reason of the huge filesize). I have the framerate set to 10fps by default, since my note 2 takes about 1:30 to boot (i know, very slow, but I have over 300 apps installed and some other garbage) If you have a snappier boot up time, adjust the framerate to a higher number until the bar "progresses" at the desired rate. Like I said, this is a "progress bar", but you'll have to calculate the progress manually.

once you have is set, I guarantee you it'll be smoooooth as butter. It looks very nice and not too outlandish. I made it for myself, but figured I'd share it with the world.

Have fun.

..ok 1 quick question, why is it 400+ images?, u could cut that in half and it would still be smooth

Reactions: vebulous

vebulous

Oct 26, 2011
Deland
..ok 1 quick question, why is it 400+ images?, u could cut that in half and it would still be smooth
true. but it'd only be half as smooth. Plus, it doesn't strain the system that much.
This is a good idea, however; and I am going to make it so.

UPDATE: I made one. It's not as smooth. Maybe because i've been staring at this thing for so long. I'll still upload it though. It does speed up boot-time by a couple of seconds.
Again, thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:

vebulous

Oct 26, 2011
Deland
Where are these unzipped to?

You don't unzip them. You have to put them in a folder...just cant remember the exact location of the filder (need root explorer)
I use ROM Toolbox to do the heavy lifting for me. I point it to the downloaded file, and hit "install" it does the rest.

Found it: Put the zip in /system/media

sorry, I failed to mention, once you choose the version you want (they look the same, just filesize that's different), you copy it to
/system/media
then you rename your current bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.old(or however you rename a backup)
Then rename the file you copied there (in this case gn2-progressbar2_optimized.zip) to bootanimation.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: jonny707

PamelaGirl

Jul 10, 2011
Hmmmmm....I keep trying but it doesn’t seem to be working.
I have properly renamed the file and set permission.

hellfish

Dec 20, 2006
I have a question I hope you can answer. I have a custom boot animation with sound. My issue is that I can sync the audio with the animation. The animaton will boot first then shortly after the sound chimes. is there a way I can change this or is that how the boot order is supposed to be?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Based on a very smart suggestion from kevinrocksman, I made an extra version that's more optimized (cut the number of images in half and halfed the framerate).
    Plus side: half the filesize. Slight downside: not as buttery smooth as my original incarnation, but still very good.
    NOTE: Filesize is average. 3.91MB
    Download Link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/46yv2jcahoklmqd/gn2-progressbar_optimized_v2.zip
    attachment.php

Original incarnation with boatload of frames. Use this if you don't care about filesize and want buttery goodness.
    Download Link:
    attachment.php

EDIT: Added a new version. Half the frames, half the framerate, half the filesize,

Have fun.
    attachment.php

Download Link:
    attachment.php

Have fun.

Where are these unzipped to?

You don't unzip them. You have to put them in a folder...just cant remember the exact location of the filder (need root explorer)
    I use ROM Toolbox to do the heavy lifting for me. I point it to the downloaded file, and hit "install" it does the rest.

Found it: Put the zip in /system/media

sorry, I failed to mention, once you choose the version you want (they look the same, just filesize that's different), you copy it to
    /system/media
    then you rename your current bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.old(or however you rename a backup)
    Then rename the file you copied there (in this case gn2-progressbar2_optimized.zip) to bootanimation.zip