HTC Homeplug Weather fix - get your LOCAL weather! [New universal patch uploaded!]

Search This thread

N2A

Last edited:

ralex

Jan 12, 2006
Thank you so much. Now I can se my town in Norway :) It works like a dream. Oh, you are a genius :)

P.s if I want to run the script om my own server, could you please PM me a little more detailed instruction?

Best regars, ralex :)

N2A

Thank you so much. Now I can se my town in Norway :) It works like a dream. Oh, you are a genius :)

P.s if I want to run the script om my own server, could you please PM me a little more detailed instruction?

Best regars, ralex :)

To be honest, it's pretty much all as it says up there - you need to create a /widget/htc directory, unzip the PHP and .htaccess file in it, and assign the host IP to your server IP instead of mine. However, this approach will *not* work on virtual hosting packages (where you purchase a hosting package from a provider and many sites are on the same IP) as it has to be directly mapped, not via name.

ralex

Jan 12, 2006
Ok, I have my own server, runing Linux Kubuntu with Apache, but I use ISPconfig for virtual hosting.

So if I place the script i the default catalog for apache, make a catalog widget and htc in it, it will work (hopefully) :)

Then I´ll try :) Do I have to configure anything in the script?

Thank you for helping me :)

(sorry for my english.)

alkizmo

May 3, 2007
Does this use port 80?

If not, what port does the plugin use for htc.accuweather.com ?
I need to know to bypass my carrier's proxy.

N2A

jeannot61

Aug 21, 2006
Sion
This message does not seem very correct. The forecasts for EUR|CH|SZ023|SION do not function, even while following your explanations correctly. For the safety of the users, I think that it is more advisable to delete the modifications made with PocketHosts (htc.accuweather.com, IP address: 64.62.158.108)...

N2A

This message does not seem very correct. The forecasts for EUR|CH|SZ023|SION do not function, even while following your explanations correctly. For the safety of the users, I think that it is more advisable to delete the modifications made with PocketHosts (htc.accuweather.com, IP address: 64.62.158.108)...

***************** THE CONTENT BELOW NO LONGER APPLIES WITH THE NEW PLUGINS *****************

Please explain what you mean by "do not function" - it all seems to work fine here, which means it's probably an issue with your service provider proxying the data, so it doesn't get to my server properly, and gets routed via the ISP's server and to the "proper" htc.accuweather.com site instead. You can test whether this is happening by following the instructions on the first post, to quote:
Troubleshooting
If you're still getting no weather through for your local area after doing the above, try firing up Pocket IE and go to http://htc.accuweather.com/ - if you get a message saying "If you are seeing this page, you have entered an inconfigured web site. If this is not the case, please contact support.", it's set up correctly. If you get the AccuWeather site, it hasn't rerouted correctly, or there's a proxy inbetween causing problems. I haven't figured out a way around this, although I welcome reports of it so we know where we stand.

What are your results from the above?

How do you mean "for the safety of the users"? Your particular forecast (which does seem to work perfectly well from here) creates the XML mapping http://64.62.158.108/widget/htc/forecast-data_v3.asp?ac=TR2cra9U&locCode=EUR|CH|SZ023|SION which seems to work perfectly, although it doesn't entirely seem to correspond with the AccuWeather site, it's exactly the same data as ForecastFox is supplied with, which we can fairly safely assume is the "standard" feed information. It's not like personal information (well, bar a weather area) is being divulged here, and that's kind of necessary for the widget to function. Of course, you're welcome to live without local weather instead if you're concerned about your "safety"... I mean, I could really be an axe murderer, coming to hunt down everyone in a town / American ZIP code / whatever... (although it's far more likely I'm going to sit in my chair and continue to try and improve this script for the XDA-Devs users!). But seriously, there's nothing dangerous about the script - if you're really worried, you can take a look at the source on the first post...

*mildly confused look*

Last edited:

reitjam

May 8, 2007
Champaign
yay, the only way to make it work for me

since the home plug-in came out i wanted it to work, it never did, now with all the work done it is better then the old solution i had of tonaya.

Edit: i know this is a wheather plug-in page and i dont want to get flamed but i can take the heat, i wont cry; how do i change the music tab to use HCT audio manager

Thanks

Last edited:

mexec

Nov 16, 2006
wow..this is really amazing..
thanks a lot for sharing the server..
it`s working..n for the 1st time i can see
my city in the htc home..
now i don`t need spb weather anymore..
thanks again..:) :)

N2A

since the home plug-in came out i wanted it to work, it never did, now with all the work done it is better then the old solution i had of tonaya.

Edit: i know this is a wheather plug-in page and i dont want to get flamed but i can take the heat, i wont cry; how do i change the music tab to use HCT audio manager

Thanks

Keep the question to the relevant post :p This is *purely* for the translation thing. As a side note, try settings -> today -> items -> htc home -> options? Or possibly the HTC music plugin options, or something.

But please do try to keep on topic :p

Glad to hear it works for you though :)

wow..this is really amazing..
thanks a lot for sharing the server..
it`s working..n for the 1st time i can see
my city in the htc home..
now i don`t need spb weather anymore..
thanks again..:) :)

I'm just glad it works :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just tried the schen n2a patched .cab .
    htc home is there (although it starts a bit slower) but
    i cannot choose a city in the list (there are no entrys, it is empty)

also, there are so many files attached in your first post,
    but there are only two ways described. one of these cabs or what is called pocket hosts method.
    i didnt like both, but then used the kaiser withough brightness fix (for what? brightness? what needs to be fixed?)
    i was afraid, because there is no description how you can go back to the original htc home plugin, if those custom ones woudlnt work.

eg: what are those HTCHome dlls
    or the weathertranslator.zip
    for ?

ritterkeks

As I described on the first post, the weathertranslator.zip is the server code which translates the accuweather data - most users don't need it. If you have a kaiser, you don't need the brightness patch. If you have another device, you probably do need the brightness patch. It's one of the buttons on the Launcher. And if you've already got a HTC Home plugin installed in ROM, you just need to remove the new one and it'll revert.

I thought I quite clearly described it to be honest, and pretty much everything is covered over the posts. I'll see about creating a Wiki entry about all this.
    I installed the Kaiser DLL patch on my tilt and now after the reboot it goes to owner information screen then goes black. Then green and blue lights at the top flash but I can't get it to do anything. If I reset it, I have the same result.

I was able to enter bootloader and reflash the rom. Held down camera button and used the stylus to push the little reset button next to usb port. Then ran rom updater as normal

Same issue here flashed twice already.

Hope there's a fix