[MOD] enable soft keys, disable hard/capacitive keys

Search This thread

sleevasteve

Mar 21, 2012
Awesome, thanks for sharing. This really makes the spen more functional, having an easy to access home and back button, and the one click recent's button is the cherry on top. It would be nice to just have it pop up when you pull out the spen, but I still like the recent's and soft home button.

I'd like to eventually have a customizable nav bar, like in AOKP. On my S3, I turned my nav bar into my dock and had long press commands for each one as well, such as opening voicemail when long pressing home, composing message when long pressing messages, etc. You could also resize the bar so they didn't take up as much real estate.

Nonetheless, thank you for sharing this. I'm loving all of these mods.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Reactions: spikebball96

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
If you press the button on the pen you can use gestures to do all the things the keys do

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

This and I'm pretty sure most people get the note for the bigger screen. Why waste precious space with nav bar? I do like the concept of just having it enabled when the s pen is pulled out. Probably a way to do it by modifying the page buddy to disable the hard keys and enable on screen soft keys.... Just a thought

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Koxu

May 22, 2012
So it works, but the home button + power does not do screenshots anymore.. Apparently it changed to the volume down + power??

Here it is though.. I plan on still keeping my hard keys active because I do like the menu function (personally)

EDIT: S-Pen will not take screenshot either????

24z9dza.png

Last edited:

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
Will the palm swipe technique work

cdmoore74

Aug 5, 2008
round lake
This and I'm pretty sure most people get the note for the bigger screen. Why waste precious space with nav bar? I do like the concept of just having it enabled when the s pen is pulled out. Probably a way to do it by modifying the page buddy to disable the hard keys and enable on screen soft keys.... Just a thought

I second this as well. I would love to see the on screen buttons automatically appear and disable the hard keys when the S-Pen is pulled out and do the opposite when the S-Pen is placed back into the holder. Or maybe add a S-Pen shortcut to enable on screen navigation keys. Now that would be crazy.

qman66

Jul 23, 2010
Brooklyn
Mod is working great but these touch wiz keys are disgusting looking especially when the menu key shows up. It moves all the buttons out of order.

Does anyone know of a way to flash the stock Android buttons. Thank you!!

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
Use total commander to edit. Should work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Never mind, works great. For some reason it doesn't work on Paranoid Rom. Flashed Beans 5 Build and it works great. It even switched to tablet mode when I switched it to tablet mode in the dpi settings.

tdrussell

Sep 13, 2010
Dallas
This makes my Note 2 soooo much more usable with S pen. Even when not using S pen, it somewhat bothers me to have both softkeys and hardkeys to deal with.

Annoyingly, it does conflict with some touchwiz apps...the dialer for example. I dial into a lot of conference calls to clear access to '0' and '#' is pretty important. I may try a different dialer, we'll see. I really would prefer to not lose the touchwiz features of dialer.

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
So it works, but the home button + power does not do screenshots anymore.. Apparently it changed to the volume down + power??

Here it is though.. I plan on still keeping my hard keys active because I do like the menu function (personally)

EDIT: S-Pen will not take screenshot either????

24z9dza.png

S Pen screen shot works fine for me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this has been confirmed working on all the other carriers... I'm Sprint but it works on Verizon: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2032117

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
    This would be nice if we could make it pop up when the pen is out and/or reduce the size of the buttons.

Wyatt W.
    This would be nice if we could make it pop up when the pen is out and/or reduce the size of the buttons.

Wyatt W.

If you press the button on the pen you can use gestures to do all the things the keys do

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

I second this as well. I would love to see the on screen buttons automatically appear and disable the hard keys when the S-Pen is pulled out and do the opposite when the S-Pen is placed back into the holder. Or maybe add a S-Pen shortcut to enable on screen navigation keys. Now that would be crazy.
    Awesome, thanks for sharing. This really makes the spen more functional, having an easy to access home and back button, and the one click recent's button is the cherry on top. It would be nice to just have it pop up when you pull out the spen, but I still like the recent's and soft home button.

I'd like to eventually have a customizable nav bar, like in AOKP. On my S3, I turned my nav bar into my dock and had long press commands for each one as well, such as opening voicemail when long pressing home, composing message when long pressing messages, etc. You could also resize the bar so they didn't take up as much real estate.

Nonetheless, thank you for sharing this. I'm loving all of these mods.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium