TweetComb -- A Twitter client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet

Search This thread

RinTinTigger

Nov 26, 2009
very good update. to get ridnof tweetdeck jow forever i only need 3 features more:

multi account support
view conversation
my own dm's should be seeable

edit :

yeah it does multi account :)
but im lost without the conversation view

Last edited:

ThePacha

Jul 13, 2010
San Juan
www.dmarchena.com
Motorola Xoom wifi: Cant buy any of your apps from the market.android.com or directly in the Xoom

market.android.com: This item cannot be installed on your device.
Xoom Error: Sorry, details page for the requested item could not be found.

RinTinTigger

Nov 26, 2009
I dont care about widgets, only thing i need now is:

Upload multimedias
See my own dm's
Conversations!

ScottC

May 6, 2005
Gladly paid for this app, even when it launched with only a few features. At the moment, the dev behind this app is the best one in honeycomb development. Also bought newsr. Insane that he is the only one with an optimized RSS and Twitter app.

RinTinTigger

Nov 26, 2009
i really could use conversation view, media upload for pictures an integration of instapaper or readitlater

andr0id23

Oct 23, 2010
Northern Minnesota, U.S.A.
For me, I chose to focus on the tablet OS. While there are a few tablets out there running the phone OS, the trend over the next 6 months will be a whole new set of tablets running Honeycomb. I'd rather work on supporting that platform properly than diverting attention to support a setup that will be a tiny fraction of the market in about a year. I have no intention of bringing Newsr or TweetComb to earlier versions of Android for this reason.

There are Twitter apps, and Google Reader apps for that matter, which run on the phone OS just fine. I saw a market opportunity to make something for Honeycomb, using Honeycomb-specific features (that aren't included in the compat library), for both types of application.

If TweetComb isn't worth $2.99 to you, then I understand. I have put, and will continue to put, a lot of time and effort into it. I've done this with Newsr and will continue to with both. I'm not a company that can afford to put out free applications and hope I gain substantial market share to become attractive to acquisition. I'm a solo developer, with a full time job and a full time family, so for me the value proposition is making a couple bucks here and there to justify the serious amount of time and energy I put into developing Android apps. I have gotten a ton of positive feedback from my various applications, and it's been a really worthwhile endeavor for me.

I hope that answers your question on some level.

Edit: You know, and with all of that said, I am just a solo guy here in my home office making decisions and moving forward. Could I have made a mistake with TweetComb's price? Absolutely. Maybe I should have done any number of things. Frankly, I question every decision I make with my apps because I _do_ care. I put so much time and effort into them because I _do_ care. I want your input, I want everyone's input. It's not set in stone that I'll never have a free version, but right now something told me to put it up for $2.99 as I have with my other apps. Maybe that was a mistake, or maybe not. All I can say is I made a decision and moved forward with it. I'll second guess that decision, and every other, forever. :)

Well said. The Android userbase, imo, has gotten to a point where they expect so much, and expect it for free. I see so many people criticizing devs for creating apps, roms, themes, etc that aren't up to the user's exact standards. It's kind of shocking to see. Now I think it's great that the consumer community holds the development community to high standards and pushes them to make great products, but there is a line between motivation and demanding. Its great to see users make suggestions & developers work with their user base, but the bottom line is if it's not necessary on your device and you don't like it, don't use it or make your own. For those of us without the time and/or ability to make our own apps/roms/themes/kernels, we are at the mercy of those that can. We should be greatful there are so many great options for virtually every Android user out there. Lets let these devs know we appreciate what they do and not jump all over their back for not making their product thru our eyes. If you don't wanna pay 3 bucks for a honeycomb tablet based twitter app, so be it. One of the great things about Android is the availability of thousands of apps, several Twitter ones included!

To the OP: from what I've seen here, the app looks cool. I've always been interested in the 3 row setup you have, and it is perfect for many running on tablets. Thanks for the hard work, and I hope to see you continue with it! Gonna go check out the app now.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Aeskulapio

May 16, 2010
Uptown
Just seeing this post now, buying your app as I need an optimized twitter app and to help encourage continued development.
Cheers brother and thanks

Smokexz

Jul 11, 2010
Florida
I know everyone says it is awesome, but I don't use twitter very often, so I don't want to pay for an app that I might find bad, might I recommend a lite version with ads and some restrictions ( example, no push notifications, no widgets etc?) I could then maybe try it and render my own verdict, don't like to randlmly buy apps.

Sent from my Xoom

Chris Stewart

Mar 15, 2011
TweetComb 1.5 is now available! It includes:

Release 1.5 - 5/1/11

• The Dashboard was updated so it can be configured to show fragments the user wants to display.
    • A menu option, "Customize Dashboard", was added.
    • Once the menu item is selected, a dialog is shown with the fragments available to you. These are Timeline, Mentions, Direct Messages, and any of the search fragments that have a search keyword set up already.
    • Once you select the fragments you want to display in the Dashboard tab, and press close, the tab will refresh and your newly selected fragments will be shown.
    • If there are more than three fragments selected, causing the screen to fill, swipe the screen from right to left and the additional fragments will be shown.

validoption

May 24, 2009
When this has multiple accounts, I will drop tweetdeck and gladly pay for this :)

andr0id23

Oct 23, 2010
Northern Minnesota, U.S.A.
Got a chance to purchase and try it out briefly, and so far I'm liking it. Love the main feature, the different columns to see different elements. Two things I would love to see: First, I would like to change backgrounds. I'm more of a light background guy. Honestly I didn't even check in my brief time with the app as I wanted to check out the features, but if you can't change the background, I'd like to see that implemented. Secondly, and much more importantly, I didn't see a way to tweet a picture. Maybe I missed something? That would be a pretty big deal for me as I like to add pics to my tweets. I was just trying to tweet a pic of the app, but didn't see a way. Anyway, I'm a pretty avid twitter user so I will get to check it out more in depth soon, but so far, besides the picture thing, I'm liking. I could see myself using it exclusively after I get a feel for it, but again, only if I can upload pics from my gallery(and ideally an option to take them then tweet them via the app, rather then leaving to snap a pic and coming back to send). If not, I couldn't possibly use this app exclusively.

*Edit* Oh yea, widgets are always good ;-)

Last edited:

RinTinTigger

Nov 26, 2009
Got a chance to purchase and try it out briefly, and so far I'm liking it. Love the main feature, the different columns to see different elements. Two things I would love to see: First, I would like to change backgrounds. I'm more of a light background guy. Honestly I didn't even check in my brief time with the app as I wanted to check out the features, but if you can't change the background, I'd like to see that implemented. Secondly, and much more importantly, I didn't see a way to tweet a picture. Maybe I missed something? That would be a pretty big deal for me as I like to add pics to my tweets. I was just trying to tweet a pic of the app, but didn't see a way. Anyway, I'm a pretty avid twitter user so I will get to check it out more in depth soon, but so far, besides the picture thing, I'm liking. I could see myself using it exclusively after I get a feel for it, but again, only if I can upload pics from my gallery(and ideally an option to take them then tweet them via the app, rather then leaving to snap a pic and coming back to send). If not, I couldn't possibly use this app exclusively.

*Edit* Oh yea, widgets are always good ;-)

Yea, tweeting media is one KEY Feature, that is missing, as well as the view of a whole conversatioN!

Putzy

Oct 18, 2010
London
As stupid as it sounds... could the user interface be adjusted on the dashboard, so if you only have 2 fragments showing, each one uses 50% of the width - not 33%?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TfEdn.png

TweetComb is a Twitter client designed and created exclusively for the Android Honeycomb platform. TweetComb gives you a tablet-friendly view of your Twitter timeline, mentions, direct messages, and more.

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.chriswstewart.twitter

Features of TweetComb:

-- Interact with Twitter in a tablet-friendly way with the only Twitter experience designed for Honeycomb.
    -- Read your timeline, mentions, and direct messages with three distinct fragments. Each fragment interacts with Twitter for updates independent of the others.
    -- When new tweets arrive, TweetComb will alert you with an audio clip.
    -- TweetComb gives you an easy way to use and switch between multiple Twitter accounts.
    -- From an individual tweet, you can reply, retweet, share, favorite, and send a direct message.
    -- Quickly send status updates with full support for cut/copy/paste.
    -- Support for sending and replying to direct messages inside the app.
    -- TweetComb can be shared to from other apps such as the browser, Newsr, and others.

zgg9Y.jpg

jGMya.jpg

If you have any feature requests, questions, comments, need support, or want to provide feedback please email me at support@locomolabs.com. Stay up to date with all of the apps from Locomo Labs by visiting:

Web: http://locomolabs.com
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/locomolabs
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/locomolabs
    Why didnt you make this app backwards compatible with android 2.2? I mean there are many tablets out there, like the galaxy tab and the viewsonic gtab, that are unfortunately stuck on froyo but are still tablets. Couldn't you have made it compatible and set a screen size minimum to 7"? That way you can prevent people from trying to make this work on a 3.5" screen (tho someone would get around it if they REALLY want it) but you keep the millions of froyo tab owners happy (and more $$ in your wallet). For example, take the touchdown exchange app. It automatically detects the larger screen on the tab and adjusts its UI accordingly. For $2.99 I would expect you to put more time and effort into your app because that is expensive for a twitter especially since we know many of the popular twitter apps will offer it for free. I have no problem supporting a dev especially when they go the extra mile to make things work properly across all devices. Making this compatible on the galaxy tab would be evident of this and I would buy it in a heartbeat. Please consider this.

For me, I chose to focus on the tablet OS. While there are a few tablets out there running the phone OS, the trend over the next 6 months will be a whole new set of tablets running Honeycomb. I'd rather work on supporting that platform properly than diverting attention to support a setup that will be a tiny fraction of the market in about a year. I have no intention of bringing Newsr or TweetComb to earlier versions of Android for this reason.

There are Twitter apps, and Google Reader apps for that matter, which run on the phone OS just fine. I saw a market opportunity to make something for Honeycomb, using Honeycomb-specific features (that aren't included in the compat library), for both types of application.

If TweetComb isn't worth $2.99 to you, then I understand. I have put, and will continue to put, a lot of time and effort into it. I've done this with Newsr and will continue to with both. I'm not a company that can afford to put out free applications and hope I gain substantial market share to become attractive to acquisition. I'm a solo developer, with a full time job and a full time family, so for me the value proposition is making a couple bucks here and there to justify the serious amount of time and energy I put into developing Android apps. I have gotten a ton of positive feedback from my various applications, and it's been a really worthwhile endeavor for me.

I hope that answers your question on some level.

Edit: You know, and with all of that said, I am just a solo guy here in my home office making decisions and moving forward. Could I have made a mistake with TweetComb's price? Absolutely. Maybe I should have done any number of things. Frankly, I question every decision I make with my apps because I _do_ care. I put so much time and effort into them because I _do_ care. I want your input, I want everyone's input. It's not set in stone that I'll never have a free version, but right now something told me to put it up for $2.99 as I have with my other apps. Maybe that was a mistake, or maybe not. All I can say is I made a decision and moved forward with it. I'll second guess that decision, and every other, forever. :)
    I don't think $2.99 is that big of a deal tbo. The most important thing imo is a responsive developer and one that listens to feedback. Whatever you want added or fixed will taken care of. Just my 2 cents worth.

Wanted to circle back and let you know about the updates I've been pushing. Earlier today I pushed 1.1 which had:

-- Can now retweet with edit.
    -- Can now copy a tweet to the system clipboard.
    -- Preference available to show real names in timelines.
    -- Removed feedback link from preferences (so I can submit to Amazon).
    -- "Mark as Spam" option for a tweet now available.
    -- BUG: Keyboard now capitalizes sentences appropriately.
    -- BUG: RT status should show picture of original user.
    -- BUG: Sound enable/disable is now working properly.

Then, a few minutes ago, I pushed 1.2 which includes:

-- Profile tab provides a view of a user’s basic info, their recent tweets, and their publicly available favored tweets.
    -- Profile search.
    -- Follow/unfollow user from profile page.

Enjoy. :)
    As stupid as it sounds... could the user interface be adjusted on the dashboard, so if you only have 2 fragments showing, each one uses 50% of the width - not 33%?

In it's current form, it would take a bit of rework to make that dynamic. It's something I'll look at in the future, but it's more of a long term item in my mind.