[s-off] Moonshine s-off for Droid DNA - UPDATE 6/12 - WINDOWS SUPPORT ADDED

Search This thread

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
Tip here. If your unsure of what your doing wait until someone makes a tutorial for you to follow or a video. Be patient it will happen. It's better than having a bricked device because you don't know what your doing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

as long as I can find where terminal is at I will be all good...

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

as long as I can find where terminal is at I will be all good...

just checked the software center I have xterm installed but I can't for the life of me find it...

Stickboy46

Aug 31, 2007
I get the same TEMPROOT Error as the person above. It goes through the reboot cycles fine, but errors out there every time.

Any ideas?

jaysinsalot

Dec 30, 2012
Warren
[/COLOR]And what I can't figure out is why this thread hasn't been swamped with comments... Kind of eerie given the pre-release buzz. Definitely donating now. Go, team![/QUOTE]

possible that since most had grown so obsessed with it......when "2" methods came out....................................................

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 653

deathrow1992

Jan 12, 2013
Can anyone with linux experience tell me what I can do to turn off touch screen? My laptop screen is cracked a little but enough for touch screen to go haywire and for the cursor to move on its own. Is there a quick command that I can enter in terminal to shut it off or what? I can't do anything unless I get it turned off because I can't move my mouse anywhere. I was lucky enough to turn it off in windows 8 but with ubuntu it's automatically back on.

I tried doing the live usb thing on my mom's computer but I think her laptop is a little old since I can't boot with it on hers.

JoeDroid

Sep 18, 2010
Mountain Home, ID
Test 1: Rebooting into bootloader
Waiting for fastboot (9/60)
Waiting
Test 2: Booting device
Waiting for ADB (16/60)
Device detected.....................
[************************************************************]
Rebooting into bootloader (again)
Waiting for fastboot (9/60)
Waiting for ADB (16/60)
Waiting for device
Waiting for device
Launching temproot
Sleeping 10 sec
Moonshining (1).........................
Waiting for device
Launching temproot
Sleeping 10 sec
Moonshining (2)..................
Waiting for device
Launching temproot
Sleeping 10 sec
Moonshining (3)...................
Waiting for device
Launching temproot
Sleeping 10 sec
Moonshining (4)..................
Waiting for device
Launching temproot
Sleeping 10 sec
Moonshining (5).................
Waiting for device
Launching temproot
Sleeping 10 sec
Moonshining (6)............................
Waiting for device
Launching temproot
Sleeping 10 sec
Moonshining (7)..................
Waiting for device
Launching temproot
Sleeping 10 sec
Moonshining (8)............................
Waiting for device
Launching temproot
Sleeping 10 sec
Moonshining (9)..................
Waiting for device
Launching temproot
Sleeping 10 sec
Moonshining (10)............................
Waiting for device
Launching temproot
Sleeping 10 sec
ERROR: Don't drink and shine!!
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Downloads$

Any Ideas???

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Can anyone with linux experience tell me what I can do to turn off touch screen? My laptop screen is cracked a little but enough for touch screen to go haywire and for the cursor to move on its own. Is there a quick command that I can enter in terminal to shut it off or what? I can't do anything unless I get it turned off because I can't move my mouse anywhere. I was lucky enough to turn it off in windows 8 but with ubuntu it's automatically back on.

I tried doing the live usb thing on my mom's computer but I think her laptop is a little old since I can't boot with it on hers.

if you can open terminal do this (ctrl+alt+t)

Code:
~$ xinput
hit enter and then look for the touchscreen, probably will say digitizer, there will be an ID=# next to it once you see it do:
Code:
~$ xinput disable #
"#" being the id number of the device

hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: deathrow1992

bakemcbride21

Sep 15, 2009
Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication...awesome work!

I cheated and got rev to work and I'm rocking fine...but I finally figured out how to make my Linux live USB and have everything done through extracting the moonshine archive file in my downloads directory...even figured out how to get gnome terminal started lol...Linux NOOB!

I may actually relock and s-On this weekend just to run and familiarize myself with this method as I have it ready to rock and I have a funny feeling this won't be my last replacement DNA..

Will get my donation out this weekend as well to the address specified

church101

Jan 12, 2011
lusby maryland
Ran it once it gave me a wtf what are you doing error. I did nothing.
Rebooted tried again and now my phone takes for ever to boot and the 60 sec timer runs out and it says usb connection error or failed.
Pretty lost now

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
I must be blocked :)

Waiting for ADB (35/60)
Waiting for device
Waiting for device
Launching temproot
Sleeping 10 sec
Moonshining (1)...
WTF: What are you doing?

Guess I'll dl a 32bit system as I'm 64 w/ 32 libs.
Multiple reboots, full power downs, and a factory reset from "hboot".

meln4ya

Feb 14, 2008
Norcross, Georgia
Thank You well worth the wait.

I'm pleased to say that I have achieved s-off on my Droid DNA - This is going to be the "ONE" for me. The process is so easy it took me 14 minutes to complete - this includes rebooting my Windows 8 PC into Ubuntu. Most importantly the phone once it's done is rooted and ready go to flashing - I think I'm going to match my previous donation! Thank you all for the effort and quality you gentleman put into this. Damn Good Job!!! :D

UchihaKite

Oct 16, 2010
So, I got Ubuntu 13.04, followed the instructions on the Moonshine Page. The first time I ran through it, it stayed on waiting for device for like 20 minutes, and now whenever I try it, its been staying on the initial Please wait phase for like....5-10minutes. Any advice? I think I just got way to excited and its clouding my brain xD lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    update 6/12:

Windows support added. Check moonshine.io for windows download. Important windows notes:

1.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
    2.) make sure adb and fastboot drivers are working
    3.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
    4.) if you are having problems with fastboot, try a usb 2.0 port.
    5.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
    6.) make sure other programs that interfere with adb and fastboot are uninstalled (PDANet, Kies, etc.)
    7.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
    8.) if you use a third party firewall, be sure to grant access to distiller.exe as it checks for updates
    9.) MAKE SURE HTC SYNC IS UNINSTALLED
    10.) YOU MUST UNZIP THE ARCHIVE BEFORE RUNNING DISTILLER. DO NOT JUST TRY TO RUN IT FROM THE ARCHIVE.

Welcome to moonshine s-off for the HTC Droid DNA. Developed by Fuses, beaups, and Hyuh. Enjoy.

Downloads available at: http://moonshine.io

You MUST upgrade to 2.06 fw first. To do this, download 2.06 firmware here. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9060692/dna2.06firmware.zip Then:

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip dna2.06firmware.zip
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

IMPORTANT! Then, choose "power off" in fastboot menu
    I first want to say thanks for the moonshine.

Second I want to say your initial instructions (on the website) are a bit ambiguous.
    I was able to get it to work just fine on the first try, but if I was a total noob I would of been screwed.

It would be nice if you informed your users that along with a working linux install a working adb connection is also
    required.

The instructions make it feel as if everything is included in the download and its only pointed out that adb isn't included when you are asked to type "YES" into the terminal.

Third, I was also shocked to find that a recovery wasn't included with the install.
    I found this out the hard way when I immediately try to go into recovery and got a nice red triangle. once again not a big deal It was easy enough to install a recovery it just kind of freaked me out when I saw the triangle.

I have to admit that it was my fault for assuming that a recovery would be installed. there isn't any mention that one would be.
    just a simple heads up would be nice

So these aren't really complaints, just suggestions to make things a bit more clear for future users.

So my hats off to you for making this wonderful program. I am extremely grateful for your work.

We don't inform user to get working adb installed because it's unecessary. Also, red triangle is stock recovery.

Show me one s-off process that includes custom recovery? Geez, we root your device for you and install custom hboot and kernel. Who has ever done that? Now we need to do recovery for you too?
    I finally got it. The supercid.apk was the roadblock. Uninstalled it and moonshine went straight through.
    Not sure what im typing wrong in ubuntu terminal, but can't get the commands right for the life of me...someone help please. I extracted the files into the downloads folder.

I type in

~/Downloads
    Downloads: is a directory
    sudo ./distiller
    then it tells me sudo ./distiller command not found

cd ~/Downloads
    tar -zxf [filename]
    sudo ./distiller
    Do a full powerdown. Full! And try again.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta