[Q] Space Issue on my S4

Search This thread

iamme216

Jul 1, 2013
Hello,

So I have a rooted 16GB S4 running the latest hyperdrive rom.
for some reason I have like 10 GB of miscellaneous files that i have no idea where they came from. I've completely erased the phone a few times but the files. whatever they are still remain. Can anyone help me with this?

here is a pic of my storage.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-21-00-36-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-21-00-36-47.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 301

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Hello,

So I have a rooted 16GB S4 running the latest hyperdrive rom.
for some reason I have like 10 GB of miscellaneous files that i have no idea where they came from. I've completely erased the phone a few times but the files. whatever they are still remain. Can anyone help me with this?

here is a pic of my storage.

Thanks!

is hyperdrive installed in its own rom slot?

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
You can use the app SD Maid to see what your biggest files are and where they are located. I'm sure there's many ways to search and find them, that's just a real easy way. Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

diskusage is another good app but gotta be careful not delete what you don't understand

iamme216

Jul 1, 2013
Do you have all you data going to the extsd card? I have 3 roms loaded and running...safestrap and a 32gb extsd with plenty of memory. I keep all tibu backups and safestrap backups on extsd card.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

I have a few apps running on the SD card. All my music, pictures and videos are on there as well as well as my tibu backups. there's like nothing on the actual phone besides apps I couldn't move, stock apps and the like.

aleggsue

Jan 20, 2014
Chesapake
I'll try out both of these as soon as I get some free time today.

Another thing you could try is rootappdelete. It allows you to delete stock bloatware that you *probably* don't use. I used it to uninstall all the Verizon and Samsung bloat. It works, but the menu always says unsuccessful at first. The option becomes available to manually override the process, which allows the removal. I think I free a couple hundred mb using that. Another thing is Clean Master. I freed about 3Gb when I first used it. It can clean a lot of cache data (not harmful) to free up even more space. Hope that helps.

Cheers