Nexus 10 (Manta) Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Search This thread

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Samsung/Google Nexus 10 Help Thread!
mantaray

Welcome to the Nexus 10 help thread! You can ask all questions here without the need of background knowledge. This thread is dedicated to solve users problems, so if you don't want to start a new thread for your question, ask it here. Members ready to help will be monitoring this thread and provide answers as soon as possible. For a list of supporters, see here:

Current List of Supporters
@demkantor - All Things Nexus - adb & fastboot expert!
@lj50036 - GitHub Expert and All Around Android Guy!
@rirozizo - Battery Guru and Android Know It All!
@XxLordxX - The Unbricker!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just send me a PM!

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @ like above. Also, if you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible for posting there, you may post here. And Please Read The 2nd & 3rd Post Of This Thread Before Posting! Thank you!

ROM developers: Please read this. Consider if you want to have a ROM specific help thread or not, if not, most likely questions about your ROM will be asked here if the users aren't eligible for posting in development section.

To all of you: Remember the Rules and the Forum Etiquette

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Knowledge is Power!

This section is not meant to offend but rather inform XDA members, please read, understand and abide by what is said in this post... you will never be called a n00b if you do!

First Read This:
~~~~This alone will save you - thanks Tony Stark~~~~

How to post your problem or question
This isn't really complicated but the more you know the more likely you can find your own answer.
But we are here to help! So the more information you give us, the better/faster we may help you!

Step One
Have you searched for the answer to your problem/question?
If not do this first, both the search button in the XDA forums and Google work wonders.
At least attempt to show you did a little research before you scream help or this ROM is garbage, Not searching or just simply complaining will get you ignored EVEN IF YOU WRITE IN ALL CAPS
All questions belong in Q&A Forum All General Phone discussion in General NEVER post random problems in Developers section

Step Two
So you have searched for your answer and can't find it, that's okay, it happens to all of us. But before you create a new thread seek out a similar one (in the proper forum for you device) and ask there - or here.
You may think a new thread is better but in truth people look at the old ones just as much, and keeping all similar questions in one thread helps to elevate congestion and makes the next guys search a ton easier.

Step Three
Know what to post. This means explain your problem as best you can (dont write a book, just not "help my phone is possessed by demons" this is not helpful)
So this means explain all about your phone, boot into your bootloader and write down all from that screen within your post. Are you rooted? Explain where your troubles began and what you have tried to do to fix it.
Give details as much as possible, this often will include a logcat. Which there are many ways to get, learn how to before you have a problem.
Code:
adb logcat > logcat.txt
Code:
adb shell dmesg ; adb logcat -b system -b radio -b events -b main
Code:
cat /proc/last_kmsg
Also read THIS or maybe try THIS
Use pastebin or codewraps around your logcat ( # sign from above)

Obviously every problem and question will require different information, but the more you give the better chance someone can help you.

Step Four
Wait for your answer, do not post the same question in ten threads, one will do. While you are waiting keep searching for your own answer.
When someone gives you help say thank you (with the thanks button preferably - don't make a post that just says thanks... nope, never)
Even if you don't like the answer be grateful someone took time from their day to try and help, If you think it's bad advice maybe reiterate your question and politely ask for a clearer or better explanation to the solution.

Once you have an answer
Edit first post to add the fix. If there was no fix maybe explain why there is no fix in first post.
This will help others searching for a similar problem later. Make sure your helper was thanked as well.

*Remember ROMs, Kernels, etc, may be posted in the developer section, basic questions shouldn't be in those threads. If you must add something, like a bug report, be sure to add a logcat or you man not be helped.

Again, please understand that no one here is paid, we are here to learn and we help for fun. so please be respectful...

Last edited:
Reactions: bluenue

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Quick Tips!

Okay, so if you look through the Q&A thread here the number one issue that keeps popping up is "Help Bootloop!" and "Help I Think it's Bricked!"

So here is a quick guide that will most often fix these issue (90% of the time anyway)

First things first.... Drivers
Now many of you have these installed, so if you can connect your device to PC through USB and are able to communicate with adb and fastboot just skip this.

If however you can not, then you need to download appropriate drivers for Windows.
You can get these through the Adroid SDK if you already have this
Or direct from the OEM following the link HERE
Or some say having the Naked Drivers works best, so try HERE or HERE or HERE
If you need help installing these then see the next chunk on adb/fastboot or feel free to ask here as well!
*Linux users just need the android rules set up, see fastboot link for how to...

So after drivers are up... Fastboot!
Well here is many's big fear, but fear not as the terminal is not that scary!
For an in depth explanation on how to use fastboot, I highly suggest reading through THIS
It will have all you need to know and if there are any further question please feel free to ask here or in the fastboot thread.

If you have any issues running fastboot (or adb) commands, please copy and paste all input/output from terminal/cmd here so one of your helpers can assist better.

You can connect to PC and you know the commands.. but what to flash?
For the most part we want to use the stock firmware found here (some OTAs HERE for another use)
Download the latest for mantaray (currently 4.4.2-(KOT49H)

Now check MD5sum or sha1 for a match (Linux use terminal, windows use THIS)
If all is good lets extract the contents (I prefer 7zip but whatever)

So if all of your prep work is a success then when you type
Code:
fastboot devices
Into a terminal/CMD you will see your serial number
If not be sure you are in bootloader mode (power on while holding volume +)
Also have a high quality USB cable if not the one that came with your device
*Still have issue, ask in this thread!

If you have a locked bootloader it may be wise to
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
Then follow the below info, if you don't want to unlock your tablet just run the flash-all.bat to get similar results

And now you have a bunch of images, lets erase and flash so we will be oh so clean!
*have everything backed up first! this will erase your tablet!
Code:
fastboot erase system -w
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase recovery
now after we cleaned things up, lets flash back to stock!
Code:
fastboot flash bootloader nameofbootloader.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
(Everything should be named accordingly except for bootloader, so change this command)

Congrats! You can reboot to a functioning tablet!
Some quick notes:
If you want a custom recovery, fell free to instead flash latest TWRP or CWM or whatever.
You do not need to use stock recovery for the above to work, but you will need your custom recovery in a .img

Similarly if you want a custom ROM instead of stock you can do this, but only if your dev supplies you with the system.img, if not just boot to recovery, make a nandroid, wipe all, flash custom ROM and gapps through adb sideload.

If you still have a bootloop or a "brick" then ask us here and someone will be glad to give you personal assistance.
Or for real time help you can see if anyone is at ##Manta_Help_IRC on freenode

Anything I missed feel free to ask in this thread!

Happy Flashing!

Last edited:

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Quick Linux/Unix Rooting Guide

First of all, you need to have Fastboot and ADB. To do as such open your command line and type:

Code:
wget http://www.undergroundandroid.com/developers/xLordAIOx/bin/fastboot
wget http://www.undergroundandroid.com/developers/xLordAIOx/bin/adb
Now that you have both files, you need to setup them to be able to use. As you're an Unix user you'll probably get what I'll do here, you can do it slightly different, but this way was the easiest IMO, also it makes the procedure for next times using adb and fastboot easier. Type the following:

Code:
sudo mv fastboot /usr/bin/fastboot
sudo mv adb /usr/bin/adb
sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/fastboot
sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/adb
Now that you have adb and fastboot set up it's time to start the real thing. First of all, make sure to backup your device, as everything will be lost in this procedure! First you need to unlock your device bootloader (if it is already unlocked, skip this part). Please, go to settings, "About Device" and click multiple times "Build Number", a new tab will appear in settings, called "Developer Options", go there and enable USB Debugging. Now plug your Nexus 10 on your PC and type this to check if your device was recognized:

Code:
adb devices
If something came up it was successfully recognized and you can follow up :victory:, but it nothing appeared you may need to check this:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/258-udev-rules-for-any-device-no-more-starting-adb-with-sudo/

When you get your device recognized do the following:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Wait for the device to reboot, when it turns on again, you'll type the following:

Code:
sudo fastboot oem unlock
Now follow the instructions on your tablet screen. As soon as your bootloader is unlocked the device will reboot, so you'll now download the recovery and the Superuser.

Copy SuperSU to your device internal memory (that's probably empty now) and rename the .img file of TWRP to recovery.img. Now enable USB debugging again (it's explained above lol) and replug the tablet on your PC. Time for typing again! (Please, open the terminal in the folder where the recovery.img is located).

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Wait for it to reboot, and then type:

Code:
sudo fastboot boot recovery.img
(If you want to install the recovery permanently in the device, type 'sudo fastboot flash recovery recovery.img' before issuing the command above).

Now you probably see a screen like this:
eIDZ.png

Click in Install and select the SuperSU zip that you copied to your tablet internal memory earlier. When the flash is complete, reboot the tablet and congratulations! You're rooted :victory:.

Hope this helps anyone who may need it!
Quick Linux/Unix Restoring to Stock Guide
So you've decided that you don't want root anymore or you did something and want to restore to stock? That's not a hard thing to do! Just follow these steps and you'll be fine.

First you need to have adb and Fastboot ready. To do as such open your command line and type:

Code:

Now that you have both files, you need to setup them to be able to use. As you're an Unix user you'll probably get what I'll do here, you can do it slightly different, but this way was the easiest IMO, also it makes the procedure for next times using adb and fastboot easier. Type the following:

Code:
sudo mv adb /usr/bin/adb

Now that you have adb and fastboot set up it's time to start the real thing. First of all, make sure to backup your device, as everything will be lost in this procedure! First you need to unlock your device bootloader (if it is already unlocked, skip this part). Please, go to settings, "About Device" and click multiple times "Build Number", a new tab will appear in settings, called "Developer Options", go there and enable USB Debugging. Now plug your Nexus 10 on your PC and type this to check if your device was recognized:

Code:
adb devices

If something came up it was successfully recognized and you can follow up :victory:, but it nothing appeared you may need to check this:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/258-udev-rules-for-any-device-no-more-starting-adb-with-sudo/

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Wait for the device to reboot, when it turns on again, you'll type the following:

Code:
sudo fastboot oem unlock

Now you'll follow the instructions on screen. When your device is unlocked, you'll have to download the stock firmware you want from one of those links:

Now that you're done with your download, you'll extract the .tgz package the way you prefer. Now, open a command line in the folder where the extracted files are and (with your device plugged on fastboot mode) just type:

Code:
chmod 755 flash-all.sh
sudo ./flash-all.sh

The procedure will now begin. It can take some time to finish. When it ends, it's recommended that you lock back your booloader, which is as easy as unlock. Type (tablet plugged in fastboot):

Code:
sudo fastboot oem lock

Hope this helps!
~Lord

Last edited:

kerriganinks

Mar 19, 2014
Nexus 10

I've followed the instructions, unlocked the bootloader all the commands executed with "okay" but then on reboot the tablet is exactly like it's been from the get go, still showing user info and still showing all downloaded apps and updates, nothing works correctly. Thought maybe was a half installed update or virus. Nothing I've tried resets this to Factory. It's the Gtp 8110

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
I've followed the instructions, unlocked the bootloader all the commands executed with "okay" but then on reboot the tablet is exactly like it's been from the get go, still showing user info and still showing all downloaded apps and updates, nothing works correctly. Thought maybe was a half installed update or virus. Nothing I've tried resets this to Factory. It's the Gtp 8110

What is your PC's OS.....:good:

kerriganinks

Mar 19, 2014
OS

What is your PC's OS.....:good:

Windows 7 64 bit. on several machines. I tried 3 diff systems same results, even tried the hated toolkits, but the bootloader locks on any reboot at all. Negating any changes, the fastboot at least didn't reboot so it said all commands were completed, but nothing actually changed. I'm having issues reading those verifications on the page to post, is there a way around that. I got the phone number to call this in to Samsung for service, something has it locked and I've wasted way too much of my life toward trying to work on someone else's tablet. I've used the flash method on several phones and tablets in the past, so not a complete novice, just know it's not giving the same results as for others because something's wrong with the tablet.

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
This indeed is a strange issue, it seems others have had the same challenge
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2638227
Can you try the fastboot method of restoring stock again and this time copy and paste all input/output here
Also can you write down all info on bootloader screen

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wheezardth

Jan 17, 2011
Vienna
Nexus 10 Boot behavior

Hello forum gurus!

I have a question regarding the boot behavior of the Nexus 10 that you'll probably know something about.

I need to have the device boot straight to the android desktop after it's been plugged in while in an off state. Usually, most devices boot into a battery-charging screen when you apply power while they're off, then they top up the battery and go to sleep, waiting for you to press the power button.

I'm hoping there is a way to alter this behavior and get the device to boot into android's desktop straight up. I've seen this setting being changed between different ROMs and I'd like to hear your opinion how to get the change done.

This is for a project of mine, the way I see it, i'll be using a few of these tablets for an installation.

Thank you for your feedback in advance!

Best,
Stef

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Hi wheezardth
Unfortunately I can't answer your question directly as I have never attempted this. The boot sequence is controlled by the bootloader but I have often seen android devices with a custom recovery boot directly to recovery when being off and then plugging in. So this would mean that the bootloader must look to the kernel (which a recovery is a kernel) for some direction at this point.
It more than likely is possible to alter either the kernel partition or possibly the recovery to do exactly what you are after but how you implement this I can't say off hand. But I will say it is unwise to attempt to alter the bootloader itself so look to kernel ninjas for help on this one.
I'll talk with some people who may have an answer on this and get back to you and if you know any (they don't have to own a n10) ask them and see if they may have an answer
Best of luck and I'll let you know what I find

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: wheezardth

wheezardth

Jan 17, 2011
Vienna
Thanks a lot, also for the quick response.
I'll wait for your reply, so we don't end up pestering the same people twice for the same thing.

BR,W

Hi wheezardth
Unfortunately I can't answer your question directly as I have never attempted this. The boot sequence is controlled by the bootloader but I have often seen android devices with a custom recovery boot directly to recovery when being off and then plugging in. So this would mean that the bootloader must look to the kernel (which a recovery is a kernel) for some direction at this point.
It more than likely is possible to alter either the kernel partition or possibly the recovery to do exactly what you are after but how you implement this I can't say off hand. But I will say it is unwise to attempt to alter the bootloader itself so look to kernel ninjas for help on this one.
I'll talk with some people who may have an answer on this and get back to you and if you know any (they don't have to own a n10) ask them and see if they may have an answer
Best of luck and I'll let you know what I find

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

unitnerd

Feb 4, 2012
Please Help :)

Main issue: Unable to write to internal storage

Symptoms: Cannot write to external storage,
Google Play FC
Opening Gallery shows "no external storage available"
Opening camera shows "insert an SD card before using the camera"
Trying to open internal sd from ES file explorer storage/emulator/0 not found.

I installed Omni Rom. Then i changed to other roms which were already in the storage.I noticed I could not write to internal storage but i could read.I tried 3 roms then i switched to stock 4.4.2 and locked my bootloader. I heard installing a custom kernel may help so I tried flashing one but didnt help. I can install APK's through ADB but not otherwise.I cannot download anything also.
Currently im in stock 4.4.2 rooted bootloader unlocked.

My problem is different as i can install apk's that means the emmc is not corrupted? (Not sure)

Storage shows: 26.75 GB available Total : 27.30

Please help me :)

Last edited:

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Main issue: Unable to write to internal storage

Symptoms: Cannot write to external storage,
Google Play FC
Opening Gallery shows "no external storage available"
Opening camera shows "insert an SD card before using the camera"
Trying to open internal sd from ES file explorer storage/emulator/0 not found.

I installed Omni Rom. Then i changed to other roms which were already in the storage.I noticed I could not write to internal storage but i could read.I tried 3 roms then i switched to stock 4.4.2 and locked my bootloader. I heard installing a custom kernel may help so I tried flashing one but didnt help. I can install APK's through ADB but not otherwise.I cannot download anything also.
Currently im in stock 4.4.2 rooted bootloader unlocked.

My problem is different as i can install apk's that means the emmc is not corrupted? (Not sure)

Storage shows: 26.75 GB available Total : 27.30

Please help me :)

Hi,

Did you try formatting your storage? I know that relocking the bootloader will format, but maybe you need to reformat with a PC or something... Make sure you didn't select a bad partition ;).

Sorry, but this issue is a little weird... And I can't help you too much, I'll think a little more, but hope this helps a little.

~Lord

"All I Ever Needed Was A Little Piece of Hope" - World of Fantasy (Helloween)
Sent from my monstrous Xperia Z1

unitnerd

Feb 4, 2012
Hi,

Did you try formatting your storage? I know that relocking the bootloader will format, but maybe you need to reformat with a PC or something... Make sure you didn't select a bad partition ;).

Sorry, but this issue is a little weird... And I can't help you too much, I'll think a little more, but hope this helps a little.

~Lord

"All I Ever Needed Was A Little Piece of Hope" - World of Fantasy (Helloween)
Sent from my monstrous Xperia Z1

How do i reformat with pc?

thouston472

Mar 27, 2014
hi, i am very new to android (i still use a flip phone)
i have unlocked my nexus 10 (4.4.2), and have stopped there.

after the final steps in post #3

>fastboot erase system -w
>fastboot erase boot
>fastboot erase recovery

>fastboot flash bootloader nameofbootloader.img
>fastboot flash system system.img
>fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
>fastboot flash cache cache.img
>fastboot flash boot boot.img
>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

>Congrats! You can reboot to a functioning tablet!

after the reboot, would the device be rooted?

thanks in advance.

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Not if using the factory image, you would still need to boot into recovery and flash superuser, then it would be rooted. Or boot to recovery and flash one of the many custom ROMs, all of which are prerooted

Really the only thing you need to do is unlock the bootloader, flash a custom recovery, then either flash a custom ROM or su

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: thouston472

thouston472

Mar 27, 2014
thanks for the reply,

it looks like a 'catch 22' , but im sure its just that, i am seriously confused.
after reading several links, that link, to yet another linked guide.

i thought that i would use team win recovery project but it requires root. so thats a no go.
i checked a few others but same situation, require root to use.
could you/someone recomend a stable recovery or whatever i need.

...my head hurts, ill revisit this tomorrow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung/Google Nexus 10 Help Thread!
    mantaray

Welcome to the Nexus 10 help thread! You can ask all questions here without the need of background knowledge. This thread is dedicated to solve users problems, so if you don't want to start a new thread for your question, ask it here. Members ready to help will be monitoring this thread and provide answers as soon as possible. For a list of supporters, see here:

Current List of Supporters
    @demkantor - All Things Nexus - adb & fastboot expert!
    @lj50036 - GitHub Expert and All Around Android Guy!
    @rirozizo - Battery Guru and Android Know It All!
    @XxLordxX - The Unbricker!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just send me a PM!

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @ like above. Also, if you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible for posting there, you may post here. And Please Read The 2nd & 3rd Post Of This Thread Before Posting! Thank you!

ROM developers: Please read this. Consider if you want to have a ROM specific help thread or not, if not, most likely questions about your ROM will be asked here if the users aren't eligible for posting in development section.

To all of you: Remember the Rules and the Forum Etiquette
    Hi, demkantor. Thanks for helping me, man! :good:

No, I tried to flash a JB 4.3 kernel from here: hxxp://goo.gl/aI4ULX

I tried all the three 4.3 kernel versions (TX3-4.3-ANY, TX11-4.3-ANY and TX17-4.3-2000-ANY) posted at the Trinity kernell webpage, all with the same result (Status 7 error).

Hi,

I'm not sure about what is causing this problem, but there's this friendly thread about the Status 7 error, you may be interested in it ;)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302599

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
    Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10
    Quick Tips!

Okay, so if you look through the Q&A thread here the number one issue that keeps popping up is "Help Bootloop!" and "Help I Think it's Bricked!"

So here is a quick guide that will most often fix these issue (90% of the time anyway)

First things first.... Drivers
    Now many of you have these installed, so if you can connect your device to PC through USB and are able to communicate with adb and fastboot just skip this.

If however you can not, then you need to download appropriate drivers for Windows.
    You can get these through the Adroid SDK if you already have this
    Or direct from the OEM following the link HERE
    Or some say having the Naked Drivers works best, so try HERE or HERE or HERE
    If you need help installing these then see the next chunk on adb/fastboot or feel free to ask here as well!
    *Linux users just need the android rules set up, see fastboot link for how to...

So after drivers are up... Fastboot!
    Well here is many's big fear, but fear not as the terminal is not that scary!
    For an in depth explanation on how to use fastboot, I highly suggest reading through THIS
    It will have all you need to know and if there are any further question please feel free to ask here or in the fastboot thread.

If you have any issues running fastboot (or adb) commands, please copy and paste all input/output from terminal/cmd here so one of your helpers can assist better.

You can connect to PC and you know the commands.. but what to flash?
    For the most part we want to use the stock firmware found here (some OTAs HERE for another use)
    Download the latest for mantaray (currently 4.4.2-(KOT49H)

Now check MD5sum or sha1 for a match (Linux use terminal, windows use THIS)
    If all is good lets extract the contents (I prefer 7zip but whatever)

So if all of your prep work is a success then when you type
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    Into a terminal/CMD you will see your serial number
    If not be sure you are in bootloader mode (power on while holding volume +)
    Also have a high quality USB cable if not the one that came with your device
    *Still have issue, ask in this thread!

If you have a locked bootloader it may be wise to
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    Then follow the below info, if you don't want to unlock your tablet just run the flash-all.bat to get similar results

And now you have a bunch of images, lets erase and flash so we will be oh so clean!
    *have everything backed up first! this will erase your tablet!
    Code:
    fastboot erase system -w
    fastboot erase boot
    fastboot erase recovery
    now after we cleaned things up, lets flash back to stock!
    Code:
    fastboot flash bootloader nameofbootloader.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot flash cache cache.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    (Everything should be named accordingly except for bootloader, so change this command)

Congrats! You can reboot to a functioning tablet!
    Some quick notes:
    If you want a custom recovery, fell free to instead flash latest TWRP or CWM or whatever.
    You do not need to use stock recovery for the above to work, but you will need your custom recovery in a .img

Similarly if you want a custom ROM instead of stock you can do this, but only if your dev supplies you with the system.img, if not just boot to recovery, make a nandroid, wipe all, flash custom ROM and gapps through adb sideload.

If you still have a bootloop or a "brick" then ask us here and someone will be glad to give you personal assistance.
    Or for real time help you can see if anyone is at ##Manta_Help_IRC on freenode

Anything I missed feel free to ask in this thread!

Happy Flashing!
    Quick Linux/Unix Rooting Guide

First of all, you need to have Fastboot and ADB. To do as such open your command line and type:

Code:

Code:
    sudo mv adb /usr/bin/adb

Code:
    adb devices

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Code:
    sudo fastboot oem unlock
    Now follow the instructions on your tablet screen. As soon as your bootloader is unlocked the device will reboot, so you'll now download the recovery and the Superuser.

Copy SuperSU to your device internal memory (that's probably empty now) and rename the .img file of TWRP to recovery.img. Now enable USB debugging again (it's explained above lol) and replug the tablet on your PC. Time for typing again! (Please, open the terminal in the folder where the recovery.img is located).

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Wait for it to reboot, and then type:

Code:
    sudo fastboot boot recovery.img
    (If you want to install the recovery permanently in the device, type 'sudo fastboot flash recovery recovery.img' before issuing the command above).

Now you probably see a screen like this:
    eIDZ.png

Click in Install and select the SuperSU zip that you copied to your tablet internal memory earlier. When the flash is complete, reboot the tablet and congratulations! You're rooted :victory:.

Hope this helps anyone who may need it!
    Quick Linux/Unix Restoring to Stock Guide
    So you've decided that you don't want root anymore or you did something and want to restore to stock? That's not a hard thing to do! Just follow these steps and you'll be fine.

First you need to have adb and Fastboot ready. To do as such open your command line and type:

Code:

Code:
    sudo mv adb /usr/bin/adb

Code:
    adb devices

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Code:
    sudo fastboot oem unlock

Now you'll follow the instructions on screen. When your device is unlocked, you'll have to download the stock firmware you want from one of those links:

Now that you're done with your download, you'll extract the .tgz package the way you prefer. Now, open a command line in the folder where the extracted files are and (with your device plugged on fastboot mode) just type:

Code:
    chmod 755 flash-all.sh
    sudo ./flash-all.sh

The procedure will now begin. It can take some time to finish. When it ends, it's recommended that you lock back your booloader, which is as easy as unlock. Type (tablet plugged in fastboot):

Code:
    sudo fastboot oem lock

Hope this helps!
    ~Lord
    i want in! "all-round-android-guy"

Sent from my Nexus 4